Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) 19:08 - Jul 11 with 6890 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:08 - Jul 11 with 4024 viewsJ2BLUE

He's actually said all along that he would be happy with 1-2.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:09 - Jul 11 with 4019 viewsTractorCam

He never said this.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:12 - Jul 11 with 4001 viewsKieran_Knows

Well this has backfired.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:14 - Jul 11 with 3984 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:08 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Do you think we’ll only have 1-2 by the time the window closes?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:14 - Jul 11 with 3983 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:09 - Jul 11 by TractorCam

He never said this.

I was paraphrasing

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:17 - Jul 11 with 3967 viewsTractorCam

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:14 - Jul 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well Garbutt will be 1, could easily see a second but doubt there would be more than that.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:17 - Jul 11 with 3960 viewsJ2BLUE

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:14 - Jul 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You could just admit you got this one wrong rather than try and move the goal posts.

Truly impaired.

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:22 - Jul 11 with 3915 viewsDevereuxxx

Playing 'the youths' is always going to be a balance. And to be honest, Kenlock isn't really a youth player any more. He's 22, and has done little to suggest he is a long term solution at left back.

If he pushes on this season, great. If not, Garbutt is probably the better option and will play instead.
Login to get fewer ads

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:24 - Jul 11 with 3905 viewsSteve_M

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:08 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

It was still a daft comment and an inevitable hostage to fortune given the nature of modern football.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:29 - Jul 11 with 3873 viewsJimmyJazz

But..... he's in his last year of his contract and there's no way Everton are going to sign him up to another one

So if he does well we might be in a good position to sign him up

I agree that loans such as Chalobah, where we have no chance of signing them are fairly pointless

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:30 - Jul 11 with 3873 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:17 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

You could just admit you got this one wrong rather than try and move the goal posts.

Nah, I stand by my post. Feel free to bring it back up at the end of August or whenever it is the window closes these days

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:46 - Jul 11 with 3817 viewsTerry_Nutkins

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:30 - Jul 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nah, I stand by my post. Feel free to bring it back up at the end of August or whenever it is the window closes these days

Even though it was misleading and made up? That's your credibility at zero then.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:47 - Jul 11 with 3799 viewswkj

Ultimately if Lambert brings in 10 loans I wouldn't be fussed, as long as there is a favourable end result to go with it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:48 - Jul 11 with 3798 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:46 - Jul 11 by Terry_Nutkins

Even though it was misleading and made up? That's your credibility at zero then.

Like I’ve ever had credibility anyway!

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:49 - Jul 11 with 3791 viewsJ2BLUE

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:30 - Jul 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not that petty.

Truly impaired.

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:51 - Jul 11 with 3781 viewswkj

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:49 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

I'm not that petty.

I dunno, I reckon you're a right looker

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:52 - Jul 11 with 3781 viewshampstead_blue

I think the fact that "we have no money and need some decent players" trumps the rose tinted idea that you can win with kids.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 20:46 - Jul 11 with 3628 viewsTheDailyTractor

As much as I'd love to see Kenlock giving a go, he cant play every game. We are going to need cover. And with limited funds and Lambert wanting a small squad, having someone who is versatile on the left is a great move for us in my opinion.
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 20:53 - Jul 11 with 3594 viewsMrTown

Who said this?

Clubs like us can thrive from the odd loan players, just not 6 at a time

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 21:15 - Jul 11 with 3548 viewsxrayspecs

PL did not say this.

He said he wants a settled squad that he can work with over a number of years
He said he wanted to give the academy products an opportunity to become first team regulars
He said we would only be adding a few players to the squad, that 47 pros last season was way too many
He said he wanted his transfer business done before going to Germany.

PL has cut the first team squad, taken 10 academy products to Germany this week, and signed two of his limited number of additions before the trip. Looks like Garbut plus a wide/forward player will complete the additions.

Which bit do you not understand or are you simply a troll?
‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 09:30 - Jul 12 with 3196 viewsArnieM

Lambert didn’t say this ^^^

He said we may have one or two loanees to bolster squad.

So , to date , how many loanees have we got ??

Edit:...... and how many youngsters are on tour ??
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 9:31]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 09:39 - Jul 12 with 3159 viewsFPL_Tractor

Yes I think we'll have one or two loanees.

Personally i'd be targeting a bright young thing from a Prem side who can play left wing, perhaps up front too.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 09:58 - Jul 12 with 3108 viewsKieran_Knows

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 09:30 - Jul 12 by ArnieM

Lambert didn’t say this ^^^

He said we may have one or two loanees to bolster squad.

So , to date , how many loanees have we got ??

Edit:...... and how many youngsters are on tour ??
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 9:31]

Yer, but apart from the facts?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 12:30 - Jul 12 with 2989 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

‘No more loanees, we’re going to focus on the youths...’ (n/t) on 19:22 - Jul 11 by Devereuxxx

Playing 'the youths' is always going to be a balance. And to be honest, Kenlock isn't really a youth player any more. He's 22, and has done little to suggest he is a long term solution at left back.

If he pushes on this season, great. If not, Garbutt is probably the better option and will play instead.

Covers 2 positions
Knows this league and a freebie after this year

Surely a No Brainer!
It was a pun. (n/t) on 15:24 - Jul 12 with 2895 viewsScottCandage

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024