Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday 19:22 - Jul 11 with 4325 viewsSteve_M

That's a relief, good thing we aren't playing India.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 19:27 - Jul 11 with 4313 viewswkj

Result, in a weird way. Can't blame him at all for reacting how he did, I thought he was quite reserved all things considered.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 19:45 - Jul 11 with 4247 viewsFunge

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 19:27 - Jul 11 by wkj

Result, in a weird way. Can't blame him at all for reacting how he did, I thought he was quite reserved all things considered.

Dharmasena is a clown of an umpire. Gets it wrong an inordinate amount of times for a supposedly elite umpire.
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 20:48 - Jul 11 with 4133 viewsvilanovablue

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 19:45 - Jul 11 by Funge

Dharmasena is a clown of an umpire. Gets it wrong an inordinate amount of times for a supposedly elite umpire.

A very poor decision but not as poor as Bairstow's review.
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 21:19 - Jul 11 with 4063 viewsxrayspecs

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 19:27 - Jul 11 by wkj

Sorry, it is not how cricket is played. You respect the umpire's decision even if you think it is wrong. It is not football after all.
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 21:49 - Jul 11 with 3994 viewsitfc48

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 20:48 - Jul 11 by vilanovablue

A very poor decision but not as poor as Bairstow's review.

I think Roy encouraged Bairstow to review. As Bairstow walked off you could see Roy in the background actioning that he thought the ball might have been sliding down leg.
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 22:43 - Jul 11 with 3912 viewsvilanovablue

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 21:49 - Jul 11 by itfc48

I think Roy encouraged Bairstow to review. As Bairstow walked off you could see Roy in the background actioning that he thought the ball might have been sliding down leg.

Poor decisions from them both in that case. With an LBW decision I think you only review if you think bat was involved.
Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 09:04 - Jul 12 with 3670 viewsitfcjoe

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 22:43 - Jul 11 by vilanovablue

Poor decisions from them both in that case. With an LBW decision I think you only review if you think bat was involved.

Yep, that or if it's a complete shocker - has to be missing by a long way to get away from Umpire's Call it seems

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:24 - Jul 12 with 3592 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

He didn't give it straight away and the Australians appeal was really loud and convincing, then he sheepishly put his finger up.

His body language looked like he wasn't 100% sure and seemed like he gave it out on the effect of the appeal. Roy had every right to be angry but he should of walked of straight away.

I hope we give them a hiding in the Ashes.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:34 - Jul 12 with 3577 viewsReuser_is_God

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 21:19 - Jul 11 by xrayspecs

Sorry, it is not how cricket is played. You respect the umpire's decision even if you think it is wrong. It is not football after all.

Give over, it's top level professional sport.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:35 - Jul 12 with 3570 viewschicoazul

Sort of think he should be banned though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:44 - Jul 12 with 3548 viewsSteve_M

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:35 - Jul 12 by chicoazul

Sort of think he should be banned though.

It's on accumulated Demerit Points though so he would have been had he had a whole load of them beforehand. Which is probably a reasonable solution but someone got banned for something tediously minor because of prior points a while back.

It might have been Rabada actually against Australia which lead to a lot of Aussie whinging about fair play when he was able to play after that which was in the Newlands Test with the sandpaper.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:47 - Jul 12 with 3538 viewsReuser_is_God

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:44 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

It's on accumulated Demerit Points though so he would have been had he had a whole load of them beforehand. Which is probably a reasonable solution but someone got banned for something tediously minor because of prior points a while back.

It might have been Rabada actually against Australia which lead to a lot of Aussie whinging about fair play when he was able to play after that which was in the Newlands Test with the sandpaper.

Yes it was Rabada.

Think he also missed a test when they were over here 2 summers ago.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 3539 viewschicoazul

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:44 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

Ah right. I just mean from a "thats not cricket" perspective which I know is a tediously Corinthian middle class one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:54 - Jul 12 with 3524 viewsBigManBlue

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:48 - Jul 12 by chicoazul

Ah right. I just mean from a "thats not cricket" perspective which I know is a tediously Corinthian middle class one.

It would've been harsh. Live it looked like the Aussies piled in to appeal against a wide, then the umpire bottled it... Awful decision, and I can hardly pretend I wouldn't have been fuming as well given the occasion.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 11:58]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:56 - Jul 12 with 3509 viewswkj

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:54 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

It would've been harsh. Live it looked like the Aussies piled in to appeal against a wide, then the umpire bottled it... Awful decision, and I can hardly pretend I wouldn't have been fuming as well given the occasion.

Ma boi

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 3448 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 11:54 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

How can any cricketer complain about a bad decision when they don't walk, got to take the rough with the smooth.

Nothing worse than a club player not walking and his team mate umpiring having to give him out and get an earful from his team mates or saying not out and having an afternoon of grief from the opposition.

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 13:11 - Jul 12 with 3405 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Hells bells, the same umpires are doing the final on Sunday.

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 13:30 - Jul 12 with 3362 viewslongtimefan

Roy fined but not banned for Sunday on 12:28 - Jul 12 by BullardsMagicMullet

How can any cricketer complain about a bad decision when they don't walk, got to take the rough with the smooth.

Nothing worse than a club player not walking and his team mate umpiring having to give him out and get an earful from his team mates or saying not out and having an afternoon of grief from the opposition.

"Nothing worse than a club player not walking and his team mate umpiring having to give him out and get an earful from his team mates or saying not out and having an afternoon of grief from the opposition."

I'd certainly second that. I always walked straightaway when I knew I'd edged it, usually before the umpire had a chance to raise his finger, and always got respect from the opposition for doing so. This usually meant I didn't get many raw end of the deal decisions as well, as everyone knew I'd walk if I'd got an edge. I'd also get pretty peeved when umpiring when teammates didn't walk knowing they'd got a touch on the ball. Professional cricket is another thing though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024