Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win 08:05 - Jul 12 with 3078 viewsUB9Blue

On the BBC sports news this morning they showed an interview with a cricket supporter who said that yesterday's victory was a better feeling than when he saw Ipswich promoted to the Premier League.

Now I have been lucky enough to see some great England cricket victories over Australia both home and away but they will never compare to that day at Wembley
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:18 - Jul 12 with 2958 viewsWickets

I love my Cricket but i would not part with any of my Ipswich memories for any cricket win .
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:19 - Jul 12 with 2949 viewsJ2BLUE

Each to their own but seems insane to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:20 - Jul 12 with 2943 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:19 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

Each to their own but seems insane to me.

Nothing insane about it. Clearly he's more of a cricket fan than a football fan. I like both, yet Ipswich beating Arsenal in the first leg of a League Cup SF was better than it would be if England won the Cricket World Cup because I love football a hell of a lot more. I'd go as far as saying us winning 1-0 at Watford meant more than if we won on Sunday.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 2902 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:20 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nothing insane about it. Clearly he's more of a cricket fan than a football fan. I like both, yet Ipswich beating Arsenal in the first leg of a League Cup SF was better than it would be if England won the Cricket World Cup because I love football a hell of a lot more. I'd go as far as saying us winning 1-0 at Watford meant more than if we won on Sunday.

Hence the each to their own and the to me parts of that very short sentence.

Truly impaired.

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:33 - Jul 12 with 2900 viewsitfcjoe

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:20 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I remember being more excited about beating Sheff Utd later that day than I was about winning the Rugby World Cup.

However in the long run I'm happier we won the RWC than I am we beat the Blunts that day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:39 - Jul 12 with 2878 viewstextbackup

Ipswich going up is above my wedding day, and on par with kids being born.

don't care if that makes me a cnt. Town were part of me before anything else

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:41 - Jul 12 with 2868 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:39 - Jul 12 by textbackup

I hope that was part of your speech.

Truly impaired.

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:41 - Jul 12 with 2871 viewsitfcjoe

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:39 - Jul 12 by textbackup

It's difficult to compare to a wedding day - it's not liked I turned up to the church and had a heart stopping day with a will she-won't she say Yes and then when she did there was a moment of ecstasy! It was just a formality......there was no Martijn Reuser moment!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:44 - Jul 12 with 2863 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:41 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

It's difficult to compare to a wedding day - it's not liked I turned up to the church and had a heart stopping day with a will she-won't she say Yes and then when she did there was a moment of ecstasy! It was just a formality......there was no Martijn Reuser moment!

That would have been awkward when they put someone else's ribbons on her and some other guy picked her up.

Truly impaired.

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 12:27 - Jul 12 with 2733 viewstextbackup

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:41 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

I hope that was part of your speech.

Believe it or not.... it was.

If our paths ever cross at a game there’s every chance my best man will be with me, and he’ll confirm this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 12:39 - Jul 12 with 2708 viewsPJH

When I got engaged to my first wife they had a little 'do' at the ships agency where we both worked-I should remember the exact date but I think it was after we beat WBA at Highbury in 1978 but before the Cup Final.I said "this is nearly as good as Ipswich getting to Wembley".

Seeing my son born emotionally matched ITFC's greatest days.
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 12:49 - Jul 12 with 2682 viewsCoastalblue

The cricket semi wouldn't feel like that for me, even had I been there and neither would the final if I was lucky enough, however, if I were lucky enough to be in the ground on the day we won a hard fought Ashes series, that might be a tough call.

As to the rugby world cup, again had I been in the ground I don't know, watching it on TV? Not even close.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:10 - Jul 12 with 2639 viewsSuperblue95

He’s obviously not a big Town fan

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:11 - Jul 12 with 2638 viewsElephantintheRoom

Nothing wrong with getting a bit overexcited is there? Town's win over mighty Barnsley was in fact a celebration of coming 3rd in the second division - not much of an achievement in reality - especially as that team was clearly a lot better than the top two. A one day win in the lottery of one day pseudo-cricket might be a better achievement to a pseudo-cricket fan - but again one day cricket is a bit like the toss of a coin - and would be better served if they got rid of some of the endless round robin of build up games and did a bit of a world series.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:15 - Jul 12 with 2628 viewsWickets

Pretty much the same as me too then .
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 2591 viewsPinewoodblue

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:11 - Jul 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Nothing wrong with getting a bit overexcited is there? Town's win over mighty Barnsley was in fact a celebration of coming 3rd in the second division - not much of an achievement in reality - especially as that team was clearly a lot better than the top two. A one day win in the lottery of one day pseudo-cricket might be a better achievement to a pseudo-cricket fan - but again one day cricket is a bit like the toss of a coin - and would be better served if they got rid of some of the endless round robin of build up games and did a bit of a world series.

Perhaps he was referring to 1992 home to Brighton.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:51 - Jul 12 with 2555 viewsbluejake78

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 12:39 - Jul 12 by PJH

When I got engaged to my first wife they had a little 'do' at the ships agency where we both worked-I should remember the exact date but I think it was after we beat WBA at Highbury in 1978 but before the Cup Final.I said "this is nearly as good as Ipswich getting to Wembley".

Seeing my son born emotionally matched ITFC's greatest days.

After beating WBA at Highbury I was on cloud 9 for weeks....especially after we had been robbed by Thomas 3 years before.
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 14:15 - Jul 12 with 2515 viewsBiGDonnie

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 10:41 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

What if your wife to be was Lord Reuser?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 14:21 - Jul 12 with 2500 viewsPJH

Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 13:51 - Jul 12 by bluejake78

After beating WBA at Highbury I was on cloud 9 for weeks....especially after we had been robbed by Thomas 3 years before.

Yes, that was in the days when getting to Wembley actually meant something.
Prior to the Cup Final I do not remember being too bothered whether we won the thing or not (although I must have been)because just getting there was what really mattered.
Ipswich promotion v Engand cricket semi final win on 19:37 - Jul 12 with 2369 viewswallyvincent

Growing up in the 80s, I couldn’t split between my 3 loves, Town and England football/ cricket teams. However as much as I still love my cricket, nothing would beat Town getting promotion. In fact Town getting promotion next season would still beat most things.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024