Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
V A R 12:37 - Jul 12 with 861 viewsWhymarkmariner

Am I being silly or do you agree ? I think that where VAR is in use both teams should have two VAR appeals. One in the first half and one in the second. Likewise the referee has two, again one in the first half and one in the second. Obviously they don't have to use them, but once that half has gone the appeal is null and void. These appeals can be used where a player gets a red card or a penalty is awarded. I think if you get into the realms of allowing appeals for free kicks, throw in's or yellow cards the game would be disrupted too many times. Also as the attacking or defending side handball appeals can be made or disputed.
V A R on 12:43 - Jul 12 with 834 viewsGarv

Would just cause more controversy and teams thinking they've been hard done by, e.g if they lose a goal to a bad decision but they've already used their appeal.

If everyone stopped being such a wet blanket over marginal decisions the situation would resolve itself.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

V A R on 12:47 - Jul 12 with 823 viewshomer_123

VAR for ball being over the line for a goal. And that's it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

V A R on 13:07 - Jul 12 with 815 viewsBrianTablet

I think VAR should also be used to replay sections of play where the defending team may have infringed within ten yards, such as at free-kicks, throw ins and corners. All these incidents should be checked to ensure that a player isn't 9 yards and 2 feet away, as this is grossly unfair and can change the course of a match.

Also, let's use the technology to check every disputed decision when the ball goes out for a throw or corner/goal kick. I think we'd all feel better if we waited a couple of minutes each time so the correct decision could be made. Or at least the 'most correct' decision that the officials can make given the circumstances and available evidence.

Oh, and if we embroider sensors into players kit, we could stamp out the disgraceful bodily contact that is killing football. Technology could easily replicate the system they have in fencing, with a series of red lights that the referee could use as a cue to stop the game and replay the last few minutes action.

Let's make football great again.

Or

Let's replace VAR with "Just get on with the bl**dy game"
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 13:25]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

V A R on 14:04 - Jul 12 with 763 viewsITFC_Forever

It would help control the mess VAR curently is.

And they should also introduce an "Umpire's Call" as they have in cricket for marginal decisions. Will stop the refs bottling it and just letting VAR bail them out.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

V A R on 15:45 - Jul 12 with 736 viewsWhymarkmariner

V A R on 12:43 - Jul 12 by Garv

Would just cause more controversy and teams thinking they've been hard done by, e.g if they lose a goal to a bad decision but they've already used their appeal.

If everyone stopped being such a wet blanket over marginal decisions the situation would resolve itself.

Don't know if you watched the cricket yesterday. Josh Butler got given out, but replay showed he didn't touch the ball. Couldn't appeal as England's appeal had already been used on a previous LBW. If you allow endless appeals, followed by bad decisions by referee's where's the point in VAR. may as well leave the game to the ref from start to finish, bad decisions or not. VAR, if used as it is will kill the game.
V A R on 20:43 - Jul 12 with 700 viewsronnyd

V A R on 12:47 - Jul 12 by homer_123

VAR for ball being over the line for a goal. And that's it.

VAR not used for "ball over the line", that,s just Goal Line Technology. I agree with you though, it does sanitise the game too much for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024