Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton have released their squad numbers 14:20 - Jul 12 with 2986 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

1 Ben Alnwick
4 Jason Lowe
7 Erhun Oztumer
15 Luke Murphy
20 Remi Matthews
28 Josh Magennis
35 Connor Hall

Okay, so these are last seasons squad numbers but I just thought it was funny anyway. Can't stand them.

Seven professional players currently at the club and two are keepers. Surely they have to be looking for a move themselves.

Can anyone remember anything similar? I'm struggling. I had a quick check and could only find mention of one pre-season match.

As it stands they'll be starting -12 points with what will effectively be their U23 team. I can't see anyway that they can stay up now. Even if a owner comes in with money, it'll presumably be too late to get enough quality and convince people to sign. They are in a far worse position than we were in January. Who, that is League One quality, would sign for them and not another club and risk both not being paid and probably struggling all season.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 14:25]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:23 - Jul 12 with 2631 viewsElderGrizzly

They’re under a transfer embargo too I believe.

Alnwick and Matthews are meant to be close to moves away too
Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:23 - Jul 12 with 2629 viewsKieran_Knows

I did read the other day that the young lad we was linked with a few weeks back has returned to training with them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:23 - Jul 12 with 2627 viewsJ2BLUE

We really do have a golden opportunity this season. Bolton pretty much out of the running. Rotherham decent but not as bad as getting relegated with a bigger club. Sunderland and Portmsouth are threats but should take us as seriously as we take them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:25 - Jul 12 with 2599 viewshampstead_blue

3 1/2 a-side.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:37 - Jul 12 with 2479 viewsBlueBlood90

Thought they had the lad we were linked with? Harry Brockbank?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:42 - Jul 12 with 2439 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:37 - Jul 12 by BlueBlood90

Thought they had the lad we were linked with? Harry Brockbank?

He's 20 and wasn't classed as a 'senior player' last year.

You can bet he will be this year!

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 14:45 - Jul 12 with 2418 viewsBlueNomad

I usually feel sorry for supporters of clubs in such straits but in this case I just keep thinking about all those who are so bitter about the 2000 play-offs..............................
Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:05 - Jul 12 with 2311 viewsitfcjoe

And yet they still finished above us....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:11 - Jul 12 with 2268 viewsGuthrum

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:05 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

Would suggest it was precisely because of spending beyond their means they were able to do that. Plus they probably had a better manager for at least some of the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:14 - Jul 12 with 2244 viewsPJH

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:11 - Jul 12 by Guthrum

Would suggest it was precisely because of spending beyond their means they were able to do that. Plus they probably had a better manager for at least some of the season.

I don't think that you need the word 'probably' in there.
Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:14 - Jul 12 with 2234 viewswkj

God what a fall from grace Luke Murphy was, he was so good for crewe too

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:16 - Jul 12 with 2217 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:05 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

If only we'd spent money we didn't have to finish above them. We could realistically be on the brink of League Two / oblivion now.

No sympathy for clubs that spend beyond their means. It may not be fashionable, but I actually admire Evans in some ways. He's got a lot of decisions wrong, but he's never put the club at risk, something 75% of owners / chairmen are currently doing to chase the same dream.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 2163 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:16 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If only we'd spent money we didn't have to finish above them. We could realistically be on the brink of League Two / oblivion now.

No sympathy for clubs that spend beyond their means. It may not be fashionable, but I actually admire Evans in some ways. He's got a lot of decisions wrong, but he's never put the club at risk, something 75% of owners / chairmen are currently doing to chase the same dream.

I don’t think that is quite true re last season - it was their previous commitments that put them in that position rather than anything they did last season

Finishing below them was an embarrassment

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 2117 viewsITFC_Forever

Imagine being so bad you can't even get a move away from them.

(and yes, imagine being so bad you finish below them last season).

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:40 - Jul 12 with 2105 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:29 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

I don’t think that is quite true re last season - it was their previous commitments that put them in that position rather than anything they did last season

Finishing below them was an embarrassment

They finished above us due to the extra point they picked up in a 1-1 draw with Rotherham when Doidge scored.

The same Doidge they loaned and agreed to buy, knowing they couldn't afford to do so, and who then went back to Forest Green because of Bolton's failure to pay any loan payments.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:56 - Jul 12 with 2027 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:40 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

They finished above us due to the extra point they picked up in a 1-1 draw with Rotherham when Doidge scored.

The same Doidge they loaned and agreed to buy, knowing they couldn't afford to do so, and who then went back to Forest Green because of Bolton's failure to pay any loan payments.

They finished above us because we couldn’t break them down when they had 10 men for an hour at Portman road

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:57 - Jul 12 with 2018 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:56 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

They finished above us because we couldn’t break them down when they had 10 men for an hour at Portman road

And perhaps we would have done if they could actually afford the team they put out that day.

In hindsight clearly they couldn't.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:00 - Jul 12 with 1991 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:57 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

And perhaps we would have done if they could actually afford the team they put out that day.

In hindsight clearly they couldn't.

I’m sorry but trying to justify finishing below this Bolton side is scraping of the barrel and it’s most epic proportion

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:02 - Jul 12 with 1980 viewsSteve_M

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 15:56 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

We had one chance in that whole hour too. It was definitely the worst match of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 1964 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:00 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

I’m sorry but trying to justify finishing below this Bolton side is scraping of the barrel and it’s most epic proportion

Didn't we get 1.5 times the points they got over the final 42 games of the season?

The only reason we finished below them was because they took 10 points from the first 12. They then took 18 points or whatever it was from the next 126 points available. We took 27 in that time was it?

We were miles better than them for the final 90% of the season. Technically we finished below them which is what will be remembered, but this was only because they had a ridiculous few matches right at the start which distorted things.

Let's not kid ourselves we weren't much better than them for most of the season, even if we were pathetic ourselves.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:06 - Jul 12 with 1949 viewsKieran_Knows

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:02 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

We had one chance in that whole hour too. It was definitely the worst match of the season.

I'm glad I was on holiday for that game.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 1941 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:06 - Jul 12 by Kieran_Knows

I'm glad I was on holiday for that game.

It's the one time you'd have wanted the Men In Black to wave that flashy thing around.

It was a shocker.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:11 - Jul 12 with 1926 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:03 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Didn't we get 1.5 times the points they got over the final 42 games of the season?

The only reason we finished below them was because they took 10 points from the first 12. They then took 18 points or whatever it was from the next 126 points available. We took 27 in that time was it?

We were miles better than them for the final 90% of the season. Technically we finished below them which is what will be remembered, but this was only because they had a ridiculous few matches right at the start which distorted things.

Let's not kid ourselves we weren't much better than them for most of the season, even if we were pathetic ourselves.

If we were much better than them we'd have easily overhauled them

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 1916 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:11 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

If we were much better than them we'd have easily overhauled them

Well we did over those 42 games. Which is why we got 25 points or so in that time to their 17.

Picking up 1.5 points for every 1.0 point they picked up from September to May is us being much better than them.

Unfortunately the season starts in August and they had an obscene first four games.

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 1872 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:12 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Well we did over those 42 games. Which is why we got 25 points or so in that time to their 17.

Picking up 1.5 points for every 1.0 point they picked up from September to May is us being much better than them.

Unfortunately the season starts in August and they had an obscene first four games.

This is just further scraping of the barrel, you aren't much better than anyone if you pick up 25 points over 42 games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024