Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... 14:58 - Jul 12 with 1742 viewshomer_123

"Competitive, likes to get forward, gets stuck in, peach of a left foot with dead balls."

and

"He's a very decent bloke."

Just sharing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:07 - Jul 12 with 1684 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ooooh you'll get stick for quoting another club's fans on here!

But yeah, similar from an Oxford mate, decent LM, wasn't so impressive as left back, but assume he's been signed as a winger/midfielder, and maybe as cover for Kenlock.

RIP Sir Bobby

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:09 - Jul 12 with 1665 viewsPJH

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:07 - Jul 12 by Wallingford_Boy

But yeah, similar from an Oxford mate, decent LM, wasn't so impressive as left back, but assume he's been signed as a winger/midfielder, and maybe as cover for Kenlock.

I think the official ruling made was that you have to get quotes from several supporters to be valid.

Either that or just make things up and post threads on here.
The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:15 - Jul 12 with 1619 viewsGuthrum

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:07 - Jul 12 by Wallingford_Boy

That last bit chimes in with the Mayor interest from a couple of weeks back.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:20 - Jul 12 with 1593 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I stand by my view that it's completely pointless.

Ask ITFC fans and Bart is anything between too good for the Championship and someone who we should be getting rid of because he's in decline.

ITFC fans would call McGoldrick the most technically gifted player we've had in the last decade or a lazy, drifter who spends most time injured.

What he was like at Oxford and Cheltenham has no bearing on what he will do here. He may play in a different position, with different team mates, different tactics and in a different situation. It has so little bearing.

None of expected much from Kuqi or Taricco and most of us thought Chopra and Bullard permanently were causes to celebrate. Did anyone ever see Murphy getting 27 goals in a season in his previous loan spells!

Garbutt will be what he will be.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:22 - Jul 12 with 1583 viewsBigManBlue

I'm actually pretty excited to see him in action, from all accounts he's a decent winger and god knows we've been crying out for one of those for a while now. And if he can cover LB, even better.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:51 - Jul 12 with 1527 viewsWallingford_Boy

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:20 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Ask ITFC fans and Bart is anything between too good for the Championship and someone who we should be getting rid of because he's in decline.

ITFC fans would call McGoldrick the most technically gifted player we've had in the last decade or a lazy, drifter who spends most time injured.

What he was like at Oxford and Cheltenham has no bearing on what he will do here. He may play in a different position, with different team mates, different tactics and in a different situation. It has so little bearing.

None of expected much from Kuqi or Taricco and most of us thought Chopra and Bullard permanently were causes to celebrate. Did anyone ever see Murphy getting 27 goals in a season in his previous loan spells!

I think it depends who you talk to, my Oxford mate knows his onions, so value his opinion.

Most on here don't know their Bart from their Didz, so less likely to listen to them!

RIP Sir Bobby

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:57 - Jul 12 with 1487 viewsGarv

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:20 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Chopra scored 14 goals in his first season.

Just saying.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 16:05 - Jul 12 with 1453 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 15:57 - Jul 12 by Garv

Chopra scored 14 goals in his first season.

Just saying.

And Bullard was incredible in his loan spell.

Just saying that what a player does in one season, means very little in another, as evidenced by Chopra and Bullard.

So what Garbutt did last season at LB at a different club last season, one that was in the relegation zone for the first half of the season, is irrelevant to how he will fare here.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 16:38 - Jul 12 with 1388 viewsGarv

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 16:05 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

And Bullard was incredible in his loan spell.

Just saying that what a player does in one season, means very little in another, as evidenced by Chopra and Bullard.

So what Garbutt did last season at LB at a different club last season, one that was in the relegation zone for the first half of the season, is irrelevant to how he will fare here.

Point well made.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The word on Garbutt from a Cheltenham fan.... on 19:23 - Jul 12 with 1171 viewsstrikalite

"peach of a left foot with dead balls", well that alone we're in desperate need off, not many of our crop have a shot in their locker from 20 odd yards for sure..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024