Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV shows that ended too soon... 19:29 - Jul 12 with 8771 viewswkj

Just watched firefly on the telly box again and it bought back all the old feelings of shows inexplicably ending short. (seems Joss Wheldon and TV channels have a history)

We just started watching Whitechapel again which is another ending too abruptly.

Any telly shows you wish has one last season or special to tie up the loose ends?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TV shows that ended too soon... on 13:47 - Jul 13 with 1057 viewsbluebud

Utopia (ch4)

...though there is a US, 9 ep reboot showing this year
TV shows that ended too soon... on 19:49 - Jul 13 with 1019 viewssundaze

Fools and horses. Although as with many of the classics mentioned, I am not sure it would be possible to recreate the perfect formula in a remake.
TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:20 - Jul 13 with 1005 viewsSarge

TV shows that ended too soon... on 02:16 - Jul 13 by connorscontract

Anyone over 50 would prefer "Series" to "Season".

I'm not quite that old, and have been converted to "Season 3" of a tv Series.

Anyone under 25 wouldn't know what a "Series" is.

From your Username I'm guessing you're 33/34, and so closer to the last of those.

Those of us 25 and under couldn’t give a sh1t either way what you call it! It’s all ‘content’ now anyway isn’t it?
TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:37 - Jul 13 with 993 viewsjeera

TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:20 - Jul 13 by Sarge

Those of us 25 and under couldn’t give a sh1t either way what you call it! It’s all ‘content’ now anyway isn’t it?

It's series.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:40 - Jul 13 with 989 viewswkj

TV shows that ended too soon... on 23:24 - Jul 12 by stonojnr

no Firefly ended short because it wasnt any good, it was maybe the first series that had an online following that thought it was alot better than it was and they got trapped in an echo chamber convincing themselves this was some epic drama, when it was just a cheap StarWars/Western rip off. the movie Serenity Ill give you was reasonable sci fi entertainment, but the series no, its up there with Space Above and Beyond and maybe even stuff like Lexx as just rank average sci fi filler

Firefly is supported grested by Nathan Fillian, an actor and voice over artist with talent I really love. I'm not a firefly fan boy, but I think it was going somewhere albeit slowly

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:44 - Jul 13 with 989 viewsGeoffSentence

TV shows that ended too soon... on 23:22 - Jul 12 by sparks

Season is an obnoxious Americanism which, on any analysis, cannot apply to a 70s English series. ..

I've pretty much given up that fight. The inch I gave was to allow it for modern american shows, and now now I find that it has expanded to a whole yard that includes british TV.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV shows that ended too soon... on 23:31 - Jul 13 with 942 viewsRAW

TV shows that ended too soon... on 20:44 - Jul 13 by GeoffSentence

I've pretty much given up that fight. The inch I gave was to allow it for modern american shows, and now now I find that it has expanded to a whole yard that includes british TV.

Another vote for FlashForward and I remember getting into something called Threshold that got canned after the first series. You could add a case for GOT. I also remember an Aussie drama The Secret Life of Us which either got dropped or they just stopped showing it in the UK.
TV shows that ended too soon... on 23:53 - Jul 13 with 925 viewsMattinLondon

James Nesbitt starred in ‘Jekyll’. It ended after one series. I thought that it was great but apparently no one else did as it had poor viewing figures and no one else remembers it.
Login to get fewer ads

TV shows that ended too soon... on 00:42 - Jul 14 with 914 viewsWeWereZombies

Six Feet Under

The Prisoner

The Tube with Jools Holland

World In Action

Survival

Romper Room

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

TV shows that ended too soon... on 08:48 - Jul 14 with 855 viewsjontysnut

TV shows that ended too soon... on 00:42 - Jul 14 by WeWereZombies

Six Feet Under

The Prisoner

The Tube with Jools Holland

World In Action

Survival

Romper Room

Ahh.. Miss Rosalind and car made out of a cardboard box. What more did you need..
TV shows that ended too soon... on 11:49 - Jul 14 with 822 viewseireblue

TV shows that ended too soon... on 08:48 - Jul 14 by jontysnut

Ahh.. Miss Rosalind and car made out of a cardboard box. What more did you need..

Was that the World In Action report on cut and shuts?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024