Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sebby Diaries... 16:00 - Jul 13 with 794 viewsNewcyBlue

The SW Monsoon and Captain Panic

Hey Seb,

I’m in the Indian Ocean. Westbound for Suez. It’s the SW Monsoon at the moment. Should mean it’s a quiet crossing. The SW Monsoon in the Indian Ocean is the wet monsoon. Plenty of rain, which wasn’t the best during the BBQ yesterday which lasted about 40 minutes. I probably shouldn’t have found it as amusing as I did.

The Asian Coast was mostly uneventful. Our Captain is known as Captain Panic. If panicking was a super power, that’s his. It’s infuriating, letting him take the conduct of the vessel and getting into situations that I could see happening and offered different options, which he rejected because.... I have no idea why.

As always, respect the rank, if not the man.

I have concerns about this ship, there are some issues on board that could probably be very big problems if they keep being neglected, certainly the watertight integrity of the vessel is not as it should be. It’s just a case of getting through the next 22 days without incident and getting home safely.

I have reported some issues, but have been told there is a budget. I worry that the life of my crew are on a different budget. One that is not as important.

The company are going through a bit of a change at the moment, which now means there is some job uncertainty.

This leave I am off to Glasgow, 4 weeks of Orals Prep and then an Orals exam. Another leave of stress, it’s not been much fun the last few leaves. Exams and other things have taken up far too much time and money.

I can only hope that it’s worth it.

I will be home soon, and our normal life will resume. Swimming. Football. The beach. The park. Trips out. Camping.

I think of all these things often, they get me through the days.

I’ll see you soon son.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Sebby Diaries... on 16:02 - Jul 13 with 784 viewswkj

Hope you're well Newcy, lovely post as always

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Sebby Diaries... on 16:14 - Jul 13 with 749 viewscatch74

Great post Newcy, safe journey and hope to see you soon.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Sebby Diaries... on 17:38 - Jul 13 with 685 viewsbobwya

I don't know you Newcy but I enjoy reading your diaries and I'm sure they mean the world to Seb as he awaits your return.

Safe journey home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024