Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coggeshall 17:58 - Jul 13 with 2360 viewsoldburian

Just back, when I left with ten minutes to go we were 3-2 down. It was 3 x 30 minute periods, unfortunately the officials decided they could not do the third because it was against FA rules apparently!

It was a bit like men against boys, Kai Brown scored both goals and he was basically our attack. Drinan played but was rather anonymous. A young French lad, Viral, looks quite promising. Cotter was at fault for the first goal but from then put himself about.
Coggeshall on 18:03 - Jul 13 with 2307 viewsArnieM

Thanks for that . Was wondering how they did .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Coggeshall on 18:37 - Jul 13 with 2190 viewsSWGF

I thought Cotter was noticeably poor. Too many tricks/flicks or Hollywood balls, none of which came off. Out of position a few times.
Drinan, as you say, was completely anonymous.
Kai Brown was the obvious standout player but that's not saying much!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Coggeshall on 19:48 - Jul 13 with 2013 viewsjeera

Putting aside for a moment that our U23s flipping lost to Coggeshall...

How could it not be know beforehand if the 3x30 minutes isn't allowed .

That seems a bit off to say the least.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Coggeshall on 21:04 - Jul 13 with 1870 viewsoldburian

Coggeshall on 19:48 - Jul 13 by jeera

I agree that the format should have been sorted out beforehand.

To lose to Coggeshall is not as bad as it seems. The bulk of the u23s will be in Germany and today we had a number of young lads playing against a team of seasoned pro's albeit part time. Coggeshall have spent a lot of money recently and have reached Isthmian North where they reached the play offs last season. They expect to improve on that this season.
Coggeshall on 21:09 - Jul 13 with 1850 viewsBLUEBEAT

Coggeshall on 21:04 - Jul 13 by oldburian

I agree that the format should have been sorted out beforehand.

To lose to Coggeshall is not as bad as it seems. The bulk of the u23s will be in Germany and today we had a number of young lads playing against a team of seasoned pro's albeit part time. Coggeshall have spent a lot of money recently and have reached Isthmian North where they reached the play offs last season. They expect to improve on that this season.

Does the nice popstar with the big square head still play/coach for the Cogs?

He was very amiable at the Soham Town Rangers match last season

Poll: W or W

Coggeshall on 21:31 - Jul 13 with 1778 viewsxrayspecs

Coggeshall on 19:48 - Jul 13 by jeera

Would have been a very young U23s side as most of those who will play in that team this season are in Germany. Big difference between adult and junior football. Even the best U18s will struggle against decent adult sides.

Will have been a good experience for them though, better than tonking a local junior side.
Coggeshall on 21:35 - Jul 13 with 1769 viewsjeera

Coggeshall on 21:31 - Jul 13 by xrayspecs

Would have been a very young U23s side as most of those who will play in that team this season are in Germany. Big difference between adult and junior football. Even the best U18s will struggle against decent adult sides.

Will have been a good experience for them though, better than tonking a local junior side.

Yes I s'pose so. I hadn't thought it through really.

I just saw the likes of Cotter and Drinan in there and made assumptions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Coggeshall on 21:44 - Jul 13 with 1748 viewsxrayspecs

Coggeshall on 21:35 - Jul 13 by jeera

Yes I s'pose so. I hadn't thought it through really.

I just saw the likes of Cotter and Drinan in there and made assumptions.

XRS junior has played U18 football for a club at the same level as Coggleshall for the last couple of seasons. His team are a good side and they play against U18 teams whose adult teams play in the Nationwide South and Ryman Premier League. Only a couple of XRS junior team have made first team appearances for the club and then mainly as subs. It really is men against boys.

The reality is that at most clubs a lot of the U18s will not progress into the U23/development teams and of those that do step up, quite a few will not make it into the first team. Some will drop down a few division to get games - think about a lot of Town youths who have gone on to represent local sides - a lot drop out completely,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024