Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bid for Judge 08:45 - Jul 14 with 7431 viewsFarmerpiles

Alan Nixon in today's Sun says Town rejected a bid for Judge of £250,000.
QPR bid for Judge on 10:25 - Jul 14 with 1959 viewsHerbivore

QPR bid for Judge on 10:22 - Jul 14 by RegencyBlue

Whoops!

Upvoted that in error!

Nowt wrong with up voting the truth, friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

QPR bid for Judge on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 1961 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR bid for Judge on 10:22 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

If he does go I'd hope we invest in another genuine wide option. Sticking Judge out on the left in a 4-3-3, which is mostly what Lambert has done, doesn't get the best out of him or us.

Yep, we’re a bit short in that department. Have been for quite some time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR bid for Judge on 10:38 - Jul 14 with 1912 viewssundaze

QPR bid for Judge on 10:09 - Jul 14 by jas0999

We will probably sell Judge then replace him with a loan. That’s been the Evans way for years. I doubt very little will change.

Can you see the irony in what you have said?

If we hadn't taken a chance on Judge last season, then you wouldn't be getting upset about him being sold now.
The main problem last summer, was selling players and replacing them with expensive buys from lower divisions, not the loans.
QPR bid for Judge on 10:42 - Jul 14 with 1877 viewsKeaneish

QPR bid for Judge on 08:52 - Jul 14 by SomethingBlue

If that's true then they clearly know enough that Judge quite fancies the move ... but also clearly won't match anything like what Town would want, even with a couple of revisions. Unless the player absolutely kicks off you would hope he is staying.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 9:01]

Why does Judge fancy the move or where has it been said that he's open to a move? Think this is unfounded speculation isn't it?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

QPR bid for Judge on 10:43 - Jul 14 with 1878 viewsGuthrum

I don't want to see Judge sold, but if we have a fit Huws (as per thread below), Nolan, Dozzell and Bishop, plus someone - perhaps Garbutt - to play wide left, I will be less unhappy in the event he does decide to leave.

Especially if the fee funds another LW/Striker/CB coming in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

QPR bid for Judge on 10:50 - Jul 14 with 1857 viewspointofblue

Good to see FFP at work - QPR punished for spending beyond their means yet still putting bids in for players!

I’m pretty sure Judge will go but there’s no way the money will be reinvested in the playing squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

QPR bid for Judge on 10:56 - Jul 14 with 1839 viewsKeaneish

QPR bid for Judge on 10:43 - Jul 14 by Guthrum

I don't want to see Judge sold, but if we have a fit Huws (as per thread below), Nolan, Dozzell and Bishop, plus someone - perhaps Garbutt - to play wide left, I will be less unhappy in the event he does decide to leave.

Especially if the fee funds another LW/Striker/CB coming in.

It negates everything PL is trying to do though doesn't it? He's pretty much said he's trying to build a team around Judge so selling him is a terrible move 3-weeks before the start of the season. Judge behind Norwood has the potential to lift us out of this division at the first time of asking in my opinion.

While we are a selling club, history has taught us that we're in this mess because we sell our best players and don't replace the with the same quality, something PL said he wants to address. This started in '82/'83 and has been a constant ever since...

QPR bid for Judge on 11:11 - Jul 14 with 1798 viewsSomethingBlue

QPR bid for Judge on 09:13 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

It would. And fairly unjustified imo, I think the perception of Judge is way out of whack with how he's actually performed for us.

I understand this but I think he will be excellent in L1 — as much as anything else he demands the ball and will get others playing, and also has a bit of a mouth on him unlike literally anyone else in our squad. Will need that down there. Losing him would for me be a massive disappointment.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

QPR bid for Judge on 11:19 - Jul 14 with 1773 viewsipswichtillidie

£250,000!! Flabbergasted if that is the sort of money they have offered! He is worth 10 times that amount to us next season and If we flog him on the cheap regardless of the fee and things go wrong you’ll see the start of the end of Marcus Evans. This would be a tipping point without question for many many fans.

Gav

QPR bid for Judge on 11:19 - Jul 14 with 1769 viewsGarv

QPR bid for Judge on 09:53 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

I'd probably let him go for a million to be honest. He managed one assist and no goals in half a season here, I don't really get why so many fans are pinning all their hopes on him.

Did you watch many games?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

QPR bid for Judge on 11:53 - Jul 14 with 1700 viewsbobbyramsey

QPR bid for Judge on 10:19 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve know of interest for a few weeks now, so it’d be nice to think that we’ve a couple of options lined up if/when he does go.

We know Evans won't replace, he'll just pocket the cash. It's the "Evans way."

Another nail in the coffin...
QPR bid for Judge on 11:59 - Jul 14 with 1669 viewsMrTown

Add a zero and we’ll come to the table.

£250,000 is insulting to us and Judge.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

QPR bid for Judge on 12:03 - Jul 14 with 1661 viewsHerbivore

QPR bid for Judge on 11:19 - Jul 14 by Garv

Did you watch many games?

Yes, sadly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

QPR bid for Judge on 12:04 - Jul 14 with 1659 viewsSWGF

QPR bid for Judge on 10:56 - Jul 14 by Keaneish

It negates everything PL is trying to do though doesn't it? He's pretty much said he's trying to build a team around Judge so selling him is a terrible move 3-weeks before the start of the season. Judge behind Norwood has the potential to lift us out of this division at the first time of asking in my opinion.

While we are a selling club, history has taught us that we're in this mess because we sell our best players and don't replace the with the same quality, something PL said he wants to address. This started in '82/'83 and has been a constant ever since...

Trying to build a team around him yet, after 6 months, still not having a formation to be able to do so.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

QPR bid for Judge on 12:27 - Jul 14 with 1612 viewsKeaneish

QPR bid for Judge on 12:04 - Jul 14 by SWGF

Trying to build a team around him yet, after 6 months, still not having a formation to be able to do so.

All eyes on today's system i reckon...

QPR bid for Judge on 12:37 - Jul 14 with 1599 viewsbilllm

QPR bid for Judge on 09:53 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

I'd probably let him go for a million to be honest. He managed one assist and no goals in half a season here, I don't really get why so many fans are pinning all their hopes on him.

Also he unbalances the team where Lambert plays him, outside left leaves our defence exposed as he's never there defensively
QPR bid for Judge on 13:01 - Jul 14 with 1571 viewsChocorange

QPR bid for Judge on 12:37 - Jul 14 by billlm

Also he unbalances the team where Lambert plays him, outside left leaves our defence exposed as he's never there defensively

All these posts saying let him go and quoting stats from last season... How many games did you see?

He was our only player ( apart from loans Quaner and Keane) who had any know how in winning free kicks, slowing the game down , being in the refs ear... Apart from him , we had no one willing to do that.

Look at the strikers that were playing, how often did we have a player up front who wasnt out of his depth, not fully fit , or playing in a run of games for him to pass to.

Add to that and he played out on the left due to the unbalanced squad which granted left the full back exposed.

This season , all of those can be solved, Norwood, Garbutt, hopefully another striker... At a lower level. Judges old head and know how is exactly what our team and our kids needs ...

How much would it cost to replace him? And how much is Evans going to allow to be spent if we sold him? No brainier has to stay.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 13:02]
QPR bid for Judge on 13:05 - Jul 14 with 1564 viewsRyorry

QPR bid for Judge on 10:42 - Jul 14 by Keaneish

Why does Judge fancy the move or where has it been said that he's open to a move? Think this is unfounded speculation isn't it?

If he's worth his salt, he'll be bloody insulted by that price tag, & refuse to budge himself!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

QPR bid for Judge on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 1491 viewsbilllm

QPR bid for Judge on 13:01 - Jul 14 by Chocorange

All these posts saying let him go and quoting stats from last season... How many games did you see?

He was our only player ( apart from loans Quaner and Keane) who had any know how in winning free kicks, slowing the game down , being in the refs ear... Apart from him , we had no one willing to do that.

Look at the strikers that were playing, how often did we have a player up front who wasnt out of his depth, not fully fit , or playing in a run of games for him to pass to.

Add to that and he played out on the left due to the unbalanced squad which granted left the full back exposed.

This season , all of those can be solved, Norwood, Garbutt, hopefully another striker... At a lower level. Judges old head and know how is exactly what our team and our kids needs ...

How much would it cost to replace him? And how much is Evans going to allow to be spent if we sold him? No brainier has to stay.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 13:02]

I'm a season ticket holder and a few away games, I'm not saying get rid of him, I'm more concerned that Lambert fails to play him in a position where he is at his most dangerous, maybe he was played wide left as Sears was injured, now we have the Everton kid he can be played behind Norwood, or behind a two at the tip of a diamond,
QPR bid for Judge on 10:11 - Jul 24 with 1252 viewsGeoffSentence

Loft For Words fellas seem less than impressed with this bid

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/243685/alleged-bi

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024