Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile Nodge .... 16:00 - Jul 14 with 2906 viewsbackwaywhen

Are winning in Germany and the game is live on the Pink un .... bah humbug .
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:03 - Jul 14 with 2870 viewsBlueBadger

Last time they did that we heard about it ever since....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:07 - Jul 14 with 2840 viewsActionMan

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:03 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

Last time they did that we heard about it ever since....

We used to be fairly strong in Europe and band on about it too. Now we concede 7 in 3 games and the best we managed was a draw! I know it's only preseason but I am disappointed we didn't make more of it, to finish 4th out of 4 is hardly the morale booster we needed going into the new season!

One thing this has told us is we need to sign some defenders, and fast.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 16:07]
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:08 - Jul 14 with 2816 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:07 - Jul 14 by ActionMan

We used to be fairly strong in Europe and band on about it too. Now we concede 7 in 3 games and the best we managed was a draw! I know it's only preseason but I am disappointed we didn't make more of it, to finish 4th out of 4 is hardly the morale booster we needed going into the new season!

A lot on here, myself included would have said that was obvious BEFORE we headed off to Germany.
Currently at centre half, we've two largely unproven youngsters then an ageing Chambers and Nsiala, who is rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:12 - Jul 14 with 2789 viewsartsbossbeard

Congrats to them for winning the 14/7/2019 meaningless win in a meaningless match Cup.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:13 - Jul 14 with 2778 viewsActionMan

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:08 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

A lot on here, myself included would have said that was obvious BEFORE we headed off to Germany.
Currently at centre half, we've two largely unproven youngsters then an ageing Chambers and Nsiala, who is rubbish.

I would have agreed with you too. We just need to get some in now, no more faffing assuming that a miracle will happen and all these youth team products will come good all at once. You need a mixture to make it work - we made this mistake last season when we changed up frankly average Championship players (by the leagues standards) for players from the leagues below and just expected that to work. I fear we're making the same mistake by trying to rely so heavily on the youth/reserves stepping up. Let's be frank even Norwood is making a step up this season and he's our marquee signing!
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:15 - Jul 14 with 2756 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:13 - Jul 14 by ActionMan

I would have agreed with you too. We just need to get some in now, no more faffing assuming that a miracle will happen and all these youth team products will come good all at once. You need a mixture to make it work - we made this mistake last season when we changed up frankly average Championship players (by the leagues standards) for players from the leagues below and just expected that to work. I fear we're making the same mistake by trying to rely so heavily on the youth/reserves stepping up. Let's be frank even Norwood is making a step up this season and he's our marquee signing!

In all fairness though, I don't think that Bart sale collapsing has helped here. A few quid and his wages off the bill would have allowed to bring a defender or two in.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:17 - Jul 14 with 2741 viewsJ2BLUE

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:15 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

In all fairness though, I don't think that Bart sale collapsing has helped here. A few quid and his wages off the bill would have allowed to bring a defender or two in.

I understand the financial argument but if we need defenders, we need defenders. If we are going to risk our entire season to save a few hundred K in wages then I find it very odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:18 - Jul 14 with 2726 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:17 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

I understand the financial argument but if we need defenders, we need defenders. If we are going to risk our entire season to save a few hundred K in wages then I find it very odd.

Have you been following us for the last decade?

It's a real bitter irony that it would probably cost Evans relatively peanuts comparative to the Championship to actually invest in the team this season AND it would ultimately end up saving him if he could build in as much 'insurance' against staying down as possibl.e
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 16:19]

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:26 - Jul 14 with 2661 viewsJ2BLUE

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:18 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

It's a real bitter irony that it would probably cost Evans relatively peanuts comparative to the Championship to actually invest in the team this season AND it would ultimately end up saving him if he could build in as much 'insurance' against staying down as possibl.e

I reserve judgement until the window closes but i'm slightly concerned.

Truly impaired.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:28 - Jul 14 with 2644 viewsRegencyBlue

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:17 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

It’s the Evans way and why we are where we are!
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:30 - Jul 14 with 2634 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:26 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

I reserve judgement until the window closes but i'm slightly concerned.

I'm with you on that one. I'm yet to be convinced that Lambert is the man for the job and Evans' apparent lack of interest in backing his man, yet again, is a concern.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:32 - Jul 14 with 2619 viewsJ2BLUE

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:30 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

I'm with you on that one. I'm yet to be convinced that Lambert is the man for the job and Evans' apparent lack of interest in backing his man, yet again, is a concern.

It would be nice if you gave Lambert a chance though and dropped the constant digs.

Truly impaired.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:32 - Jul 14 with 2615 viewsJ2BLUE

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:28 - Jul 14 by RegencyBlue

It’s the Evans way and why we are where we are!

I'm as concerned about Judge as I am new signings. I'm sure Evans is thinking well we got him for free...

Truly impaired.

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:36 - Jul 14 with 2593 viewsBlueBadger

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:32 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

It would be nice if you gave Lambert a chance though and dropped the constant digs.

As I've said, I'm unconvinced but more than happy to proven wrong.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 16:42]

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 01:52 - Jul 15 with 2110 viewsActionMan

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:18 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

The thing is I don't expect him to cough up millions, just sign a couple of reasonable defenders for this level with some Championship experience to mix in with the youngsters for balance/experience and I don't think we need to sell Bart to do that. Bart will improve with a better backline, he's more than good enough for the third division.
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 06:43 - Jul 15 with 1981 viewsKieran_Knows

Who cares?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 08:06 - Jul 15 with 1864 viewsbritbiker

They drew 2-2 against a german div2 side I've never heard of. Admittedly we didn't beat a div 3 side. But lets not too excited about Nodge.
Meanwhile Nodge .... on 08:11 - Jul 15 with 1857 viewsbournemouthblue

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:07 - Jul 14 by ActionMan

It should be no surprise that the defence needs some work

Of the three teams we've played, only Meppen are any where near what we are likely to be up against this season?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 08:20 - Jul 15 with 1834 viewsBigManBlue

Meanwhile Nodge .... on 16:08 - Jul 14 by BlueBadger

Have to agree - we're one serious injury away from asking a youngster to step into one of the most crucial positions on the pitch and step straight to providing consistent promotion form. Even without that, we're assuming that Nsiala and Chambers form an excellent partnership and play most games, which their performances together thus far don't suggest is likely.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024