Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... 20:00 - Jul 14 with 4532 viewsgainsboroughblue

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 20:01]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 4516 viewsFunge

You did well, GB, thank you.
Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:05 - Jul 14 with 4507 viewswkj

I'm still in disbelief, such a great tournament even had we lost

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 4487 viewswkj

Bookmarking this post
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 20:16]

Crybaby

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:21 - Jul 14 with 4456 viewssohamblue74

Never in doubt. What a match.
What a player Stokes is. Great captaincy all day from Morgan.
Seems like we got the luck today too.
This was the target for Bayliss and he did it, but only just.
Bring on the Ashes. I've got tickets for 4 of the 5 matches.
Will love it if we beat them. LOVE IT!
Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:28 - Jul 14 with 4432 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:21 - Jul 14 by sohamblue74

Never in doubt. What a match.
What a player Stokes is. Great captaincy all day from Morgan.
Seems like we got the luck today too.
This was the target for Bayliss and he did it, but only just.
Bring on the Ashes. I've got tickets for 4 of the 5 matches.
Will love it if we beat them. LOVE IT!

Every emotion went through there.

I wondered if the extras we seemed to be giving away would come back to haunt us as I arrived at the Dove to watch our innings.

28-0 became 28-1. Not overly concerned though runs seemed to be none too easy to come by.

89-4. I thought we were long way 2nd favourites but my rational side thought that 150 odd from best part of 30 overs was certainly doable if Buttler/Stokes stuck for a while.

Thought that we were 80-20 favourites up until Buttler going but still too many dots for my liking.

Dead and buried with three overs to go but thought all it needs is one big over.

My brain went to mush for the last 18 balls and as for that last over of normal time.

When that winning run out happened, I was standing still wondering why everyone else around me was jumping around going berzerk not realising the boundary countback rule. (I thought another super over was going to ensue).

All in all, shattering. I'm just glad I didn't take up smoking again. There was a garden full of nervous chuffers and I was very tempted to beg for one.

Now for the Ashes.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 20:29]

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:32 - Jul 14 with 4406 viewswkj

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:28 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

I wondered if the extras we seemed to be giving away would come back to haunt us as I arrived at the Dove to watch our innings.

28-0 became 28-1. Not overly concerned though runs seemed to be none too easy to come by.

89-4. I thought we were long way 2nd favourites but my rational side thought that 150 odd from best part of 30 overs was certainly doable if Buttler/Stokes stuck for a while.

Thought that we were 80-20 favourites up until Buttler going but still too many dots for my liking.

Dead and buried with three overs to go but thought all it needs is one big over.

My brain went to mush for the last 18 balls and as for that last over of normal time.

When that winning run out happened, I was standing still wondering why everyone else around me was jumping around going berzerk not realising the boundary countback rule. (I thought another super over was going to ensue).

All in all, shattering. I'm just glad I didn't take up smoking again. There was a garden full of nervous chuffers and I was very tempted to beg for one.

Now for the Ashes.

I need a fag after that too, wow

Crybaby

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:43 - Jul 14 with 4375 viewsvapour_trail

The last half hour of that match was like nothing I can recall in any sporting contest at the top level.

Unreal.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 21:53 - Jul 14 with 4293 viewsvapour_trail

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 20:28 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

Now for the Ashes.

The three sixes towards the end were absolutely incredible.

The one boult (I think?) carried over the top after catching it
Stokes clearing the boundary
Stokes inadvertently diverting the incoming ball for an additional four runs

Ridiculous

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:08 - Jul 14 with 4254 viewsMelford

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 21:53 - Jul 14 by vapour_trail

The three sixes towards the end were absolutely incredible.

The one boult (I think?) carried over the top after catching it
Stokes clearing the boundary
Stokes inadvertently diverting the incoming ball for an additional four runs

Ridiculous

I had it on the laptop at work, was completely dead all day so I was able to watch all of it. God knows how many miles I walked pacing up and down the kitchen during our innings. Those last couple of overs I was shaking, I could hear my heart beating. Had to take a couple of puffs on the inhaler! Went completely bezerk at the end, bolted out the kitchen jumping around in the car park like a loon. That was bloody amazing,we've still got The Ashes to come too!

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:11 - Jul 14 with 4239 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:08 - Jul 14 by Melford

I had it on the laptop at work, was completely dead all day so I was able to watch all of it. God knows how many miles I walked pacing up and down the kitchen during our innings. Those last couple of overs I was shaking, I could hear my heart beating. Had to take a couple of puffs on the inhaler! Went completely bezerk at the end, bolted out the kitchen jumping around in the car park like a loon. That was bloody amazing,we've still got The Ashes to come too!

Five tests crammed into six weeks. It's going to be survival of the fittest. Would be amazed if Starc, Wood, Anderson et al were ever present in this.

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:17 - Jul 14 with 4222 viewsMelford

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:11 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

Five tests crammed into six weeks. It's going to be survival of the fittest. Would be amazed if Starc, Wood, Anderson et al were ever present in this.

Anderson and Broad should be alright, they've been playing county stuff whilst the carnival was on, working themselves into prime fitness. Wood would probably need a rest. I hope Roy and Archer are on the team sheet for the first test.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:22 - Jul 14 with 4213 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:17 - Jul 14 by Melford

Anderson and Broad should be alright, they've been playing county stuff whilst the carnival was on, working themselves into prime fitness. Wood would probably need a rest. I hope Roy and Archer are on the team sheet for the first test.

Roy is certainly worth a go. Especially if he could do what Warner has done for Aus.

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 07:43 - Jul 15 with 4025 viewsSteve_M

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 22:17 - Jul 14 by Melford

Anderson has a calf injury, it's quite likely that he'll miss the first Test.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 08:00 - Jul 15 with 3999 viewsfooters

The clearest indication yet that Brexit Britain can be a success trading on WTO rules. Great showcase to the world of what we can do outside the constraints of the Brussels bureaucrats.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:15 - Jul 15 with 3913 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 08:00 - Jul 15 by footers

The clearest indication yet that Brexit Britain can be a success trading on WTO rules. Great showcase to the world of what we can do outside the constraints of the Brussels bureaucrats.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:17 - Jul 15 with 3905 viewsDanTheMan

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:15 - Jul 15 by Swansea_Blue

*sigh*

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:18 - Jul 15 with 3899 viewsSteve_M

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:17 - Jul 15 by DanTheMan

*sigh*

The worst part of that tweet is his removal of the middle two letters from 'damn'. The rest of it is as expected.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:20 - Jul 15 with 3894 viewsfooters

Ok. I abstained from posting on here until it was over but...... on 10:18 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

The worst part of that tweet is his removal of the middle two letters from 'damn'. The rest of it is as expected.

Mr Rees-Mogg takes his Catholicism *very* seriously indeed. When it suits him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024