Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) 20:36 - Jul 14 with 1588 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 14 with 1578 viewsgainsboroughblue

Me too.

I can say that fully knowing we have won this.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:40 - Jul 14 with 1572 viewsCoastalblue

Got the chance to win both, be great.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:41 - Jul 14 with 1566 viewswkj

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

Me too.

I'm elated either way, the whole tournament was a credit to the sport.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:45 - Jul 14 with 1557 viewsITFC_Forever

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:40 - Jul 14 by Coastalblue

Got the chance to win both, be great.

Very true.

Happy though I am that we won today, Tests always have been and always will be the purest form of the game.

And what this tournament has done is allowed the likes of Archer and Roy in particularly a platform to force their way in to the Ashes squad.

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 14 with 1533 viewsFtnfwest

Ditto, but Aussie win both on a regular basis so hopefully it’s our turn
Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 21:52 - Jul 14 with 1449 viewsRyorry

The biggest win today was, I hope, enthusing a generation of youngsters, the majority of whom probably never get much chance to watch, let alone get excited about cricket.

Neither side deserved to lose, I feel for NZ, and the wonderful spirit in which the match was played contributed to making it so enjoyable as well as fingernail-shredding. Credit to all those 22 sporting players, and the good-natured crowd who were pretty mixed together & included fans from many of the other countries who'd taken part - reminded me in a way of our POF with Barnsley.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:10 - Jul 14 with 1422 viewsconnorscontract

Me too, but we knocked the Aussies out in the Semi's. Absolutely thumped them. First shots fired!

We go into The Ashes as WC Champions*, they go in with plasters on their chins where Archer hit them. We have possibly discovered the answer to our opener nightmares, as well as having three bowlers who can bowl 90mph, they have to massage Starc's hamstring every day and hope he can be relied upon for a 5 match 5day series when he struggled at times to be able to bowl 10 overs a day with a couple of days rest between matches.

And Jimmy is ready to come back.

It's all looking good. This WC has helped us and hurt them.

* It doesn't sit right with me that we are WC Champions, though, having tied twice. Winning because boundaries was the tie breaker just feels so limp. There should have been another Super Over, with different bowlers. And then another if necessary. A bit like Golf Major Play off holes.
Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:14 - Jul 14 with 1406 viewsITFC_Forever

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:10 - Jul 14 by connorscontract

Me too, but we knocked the Aussies out in the Semi's. Absolutely thumped them. First shots fired!

We go into The Ashes as WC Champions*, they go in with plasters on their chins where Archer hit them. We have possibly discovered the answer to our opener nightmares, as well as having three bowlers who can bowl 90mph, they have to massage Starc's hamstring every day and hope he can be relied upon for a 5 match 5day series when he struggled at times to be able to bowl 10 overs a day with a couple of days rest between matches.

* It doesn't sit right with me that we are WC Champions, though, having tied twice. Winning because boundaries was the tie breaker just feels so limp. There should have been another Super Over, with different bowlers. And then another if necessary. A bit like Golf Major Play off holes.

I would happily have shared the trophy after it was still a tie after the super overs.

Login to get fewer ads

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:19 - Jul 14 with 1393 viewsITFC_Forever

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 21:52 - Jul 14 by Ryorry

The biggest win today was, I hope, enthusing a generation of youngsters, the majority of whom probably never get much chance to watch, let alone get excited about cricket.

Neither side deserved to lose, I feel for NZ, and the wonderful spirit in which the match was played contributed to making it so enjoyable as well as fingernail-shredding. Credit to all those 22 sporting players, and the good-natured crowd who were pretty mixed together & included fans from many of the other countries who'd taken part - reminded me in a way of our POF with Barnsley.

Certainly the scenes of today could inspire the next generation to pick up a bat and ball.

All sports have had them in the last few years... as well as the short-term glory, if the achievements have inspired the next national heroes or simply inspired a kid to find a hobby and fall in love with sport, then that’s just as powerful an achievement.

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:22 - Jul 14 with 1393 viewsMelford

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 14 by gainsboroughblue

Me too.

You could never top 2005 for Ashes, we hadn't beat them for ages. That series has rightly gone down in history. Since then though they haven't won a series over here so Ashes wins have become routine lately. This is worth much more than the Ashes to us right now.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:30 - Jul 14 with 1371 viewsWD19

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:10 - Jul 14 by connorscontract

If it makes you feel better we played them twice in the tournament and won 1 1/2 to 1/2. 🙂
Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:35 - Jul 14 with 1362 viewsgainsboroughblue

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:30 - Jul 14 by WD19

If it makes you feel better we played them twice in the tournament and won 1 1/2 to 1/2. 🙂

Exactly. New Zealand should also remember that they were arguably fortunate to reach the last four. That said, as a group of cricketers and personalities, they are a credit to the game and their previous side and captain hugely influential in how we play the game now.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 00:18 - Jul 15 with 1252 viewsJakeITFC

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:14 - Jul 14 by ITFC_Forever

I would happily have shared the trophy after it was still a tie after the super overs.

The obvious advantage of chasing in the super over negates the need for sympathy IMO.
Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 00:24 - Jul 15 with 1243 viewsJ2BLUE

There's always one isn't there? Why not just enjoy it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 12:13 - Jul 15 with 1041 viewsRyorry

Would rather win The Ashes. (n/t) on 22:22 - Jul 14 by Melford

You could never top 2005 for Ashes, we hadn't beat them for ages. That series has rightly gone down in history. Since then though they haven't won a series over here so Ashes wins have become routine lately. This is worth much more than the Ashes to us right now.

The Ashes can never be "routine"!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024