Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday 08:50 - Jul 15 with 7521 viewsSteve_M

What an incredible match, so hard-fought and so close. We had lost that twice I think, once by being always 10 runs behind where we wanted to be in the run chase and again after New Zealand's six in the Super Over. To drag it back once let alone twice was impressive, even if a bit of luck was needed.

A nice piece here anyway, just look at the reactions in the bloody Pavilion.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/14/lords-perfect-venue-greatest-one-d

Greatest one day match ever, not sure on that. but given the occasion then I suppose it is a reasonable claim.

Shall we have a thread for links of coverage?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:52 - Jul 15 with 4886 viewsBigManBlue

Certainly think it has a good claim to being the best ODI ever, given the context of it being a final. And us winning, of course...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:52 - Jul 15 with 4882 viewshomer_123

I make it three times.....Archers first ball for a wide and a free hit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:54 - Jul 15 with 4871 viewschicoazul

Did anyone watch Bargain Hunters In The sun on C5 yesterday?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:57 - Jul 15 with 4864 viewsartsbossbeard

On top of this, I'd like to add that New Zealand were the perfect opponents too.

Nothing snidey about them, they just get on with the game much like England do.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:11 - Jul 15 with 4818 viewsSWGF

I watched on telly so didn't hear the radio commentary.

Five Live Sports Extra are replaying the last hour, every hour, until 11am. I've already listened to it once. Might do again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:25 - Jul 15 with 4764 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:11 - Jul 15 by SWGF

I watched on telly so didn't hear the radio commentary.

Five Live Sports Extra are replaying the last hour, every hour, until 11am. I've already listened to it once. Might do again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

Thanks for this, that's 10am sorted.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 4761 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm still buzzing too.

Just listening to the TMS podcast now with all the reaction after the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07gx8q6

Evans out

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 4758 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:57 - Jul 15 by artsbossbeard

On top of this, I'd like to add that New Zealand were the perfect opponents too.

Agreed.

Guptill giving the 6 straight away when Boult stood on the boundary was real class.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:29 - Jul 15 with 4739 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:27 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

I'm still buzzing too.

Just listening to the TMS podcast now with all the reaction after the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07gx8q6

The crowd singing 'Crickets coming home' in the background on this is unreal.

Evans out

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:29 - Jul 15 with 4739 viewsEly_Blue

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:25 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

Thanks for this, that's 10am sorted.

Apparently now available as a podcast so no need to listen on the hour

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:35 - Jul 15 with 4724 viewsSteve_M

Barney Ronay is, as ever, worth reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/14/england-win-cricket-world-cup-and-

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 09:40 - Jul 15 with 4697 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If that had been scripted in some cheesy Disney sports movie, you'd laugh at how ridiculous it was.

To get a 6 off the ball hitting Stokes bat in the last over to keep us alive, to draw and then to win in the manner that we did, with a run out, probably a 20th of a second before the batsman got home was just unreal.

To do so with Stokes being the hero after what's happened and with Archer being the hero as well, after some people thought he shouldn't be included leading up to the tournament. Insane.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:26 - Jul 15 with 4607 viewsSteve_M

And this is lovely:

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/108959/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019-england-

Yeah, that's why we watch sport and why all the crap days count merely as a reason to enjoy the good ones even more.

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:27 - Jul 15 with 4597 viewsartsbossbeard

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 08:57 - Jul 15 by artsbossbeard

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:32 - Jul 15 with 4566 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:26 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

And this is lovely:

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/108959/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019-england-

Yeah, that's why we watch sport and why all the crap days count merely as a reason to enjoy the good ones even more.

Needed about 5 pairs of eyes and ears yesterday:

Wimbledon
F1
Cricket
Formula E
Scottish Open

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:36 - Jul 15 with 4551 viewsgiant_stow

I was listening in the car - incredible radio apart from anything. I had a bit of sympathy for the new Zealand commentator who felt it was a draw really.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:43 - Jul 15 with 4524 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:36 - Jul 15 by giant_stow

I was listening in the car - incredible radio apart from anything. I had a bit of sympathy for the new Zealand commentator who felt it was a draw really.

You can't have a final finish as a draw.

Evans out

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 4509 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:43 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

You can't have a final finish as a draw.

Yeah, but you're talking to UIla here.

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 4509 viewsfactual_blue

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:26 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

And this is lovely:

ICC highlights

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/video/1279178?utm_campaign=10719940_ECB%20%20NZ%

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 4477 viewsfactual_blue

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 10:50 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

Yeah, but you're talking to UIla here.

He works only in even numbers - six digits and all that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:10 - Jul 15 with 4459 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:03 - Jul 15 by factual_blue

He works only in even numbers - six digits and all that.

Also fails to understand the concept of a final, which I think was the point Steve is making here.

Evans out

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:19 - Jul 15 with 4445 viewsgiant_stow

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:10 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

Also fails to understand the concept of a final, which I think was the point Steve is making here.

Yeah yeah, I know you're all right, but imagine it - the two captains lifting the cup together - think it would have been lovely.

Hey ho, you're all brutes as per.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:25 - Jul 15 with 4429 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:19 - Jul 15 by giant_stow

Yeah yeah, I know you're all right, but imagine it - the two captains lifting the cup together - think it would have been lovely.

Hey ho, you're all brutes as per.

It really wouldn't though.

I'd genuinely rather NZ won it than we shared it. How anti climatic would sharing the trophy have been?

Evans out

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:34 - Jul 15 with 4397 viewsgiant_stow

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:25 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

It really wouldn't though.

I'd genuinely rather NZ won it than we shared it. How anti climatic would sharing the trophy have been?

fair dos mr - I know I'm being a bit of soppy idiot, so will stop spoiling the glow now.

Cricket: I'm still coming down from yesterday on 11:36 - Jul 15 with 4388 viewsCoastalblue

It was one of the most gripping sporting occasions I've ever watched, and I gained an enormous amount of respect and sympathy for that New Zealand side yesterday.

There had to be a result, but nobody deserved to lose that final.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024