Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleasurewood Hills..... 09:15 - Jul 15 with 5295 viewsITFC_Forever

Took the family there yesterday....

For those who remember the glory days of PWH in the 80s and early 90s, you're going to be in a for a shock.... it's living off past glories and is now distinctly third-rate.

Needs a hell of a lot of investment to spruce it up - there's paint peeling all over the place that last saw some TLC decades ago, gaps where rides used to be are aren't there any longer, the rides that are there have been there for years - the "new for 2019" ride is the old Rattlesnake / Ladybird rollercoaster that has had the good fortune to see some paint and some new metal sheeting.
Three of the rides were out of action for long-term maintenance or just generally broken (one of the rollercoasters, the Pirate Ship and one of the dodgems).
The castle which used to house the Mr Blobby show is closed, with no signs of life, the old American style street looks run-down, and the stunt show doesn't open for another few weeks yet, despite the fact the park has been open for the summer for weeks now.

The two plus sides are that there's a decent amount of stuff for young kids who don't see the lack of TLC the place has received, and on account of it being a bit rubbish you don't have to queue for anything as hardly anyone bothers going any more.

I'll be amazed if that place manages to last much longer. It's been left way behind by other attractions that would have considered them an equal back in the day (or could at least compete with).

It's the Theme Park equivalent of a certain football club we all know and love.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 9:23]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 12:20 - Jul 15 with 905 viewsPendejo

As a kid I was taken to both Disney Land and Disney World in the same holiday, long before PWH.... needless to say I was unimpressed with PWH then [80s]

Preferred Charles Mannings as the Wild Mouse struck me as being inches away from crashing off it's track and the Haunted House was always a hoot.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 13:40 - Jul 15 with 859 viewsITFC_Forever

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 11:36 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

Is it still just off the A12 between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft though?

And that's another thing that's annoyed me (a couple of years ago, but it still rankles).... the A12 north of Lowestoft has been re-branded as the A47.

Norfolk encroachment on to Suffolk turf. First Norwich opening training academies at Needham Market, now this.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 14:23 - Jul 15 with 818 viewsJ2BLUE

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 11:05 - Jul 15 by ITFC_Forever

Nope.

All gone.

Thank god. Terrifying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 14:26 - Jul 15 with 815 viewschristiand

Think you'll find that the ME Group already have majority ownership at PWH!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 14:30 - Jul 15 with 811 viewschristiand

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 11:12 - Jul 15 by footers

They're marketing the toilet as a ride now? Desperate stuff.

Well played Footers, that really tickled my funny bone. I'm still chuckling away!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Pleasurewood Hills..... on 17:29 - Jul 15 with 755 viewsTrequartista

It's relatively cheap to get in though.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024