Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had been pretty positive about the start of the season 09:37 - Jul 15 with 1141 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I also firmly believe that pre-season is completely irrelevant to what happens during the season, but on the evidence I have seen so far against both Paderborn and Dusseldorf, I honestly can't see us being in the Bundesliga next year.

I can understand why so many people are concerned by a pair of defeats. I don't even think we will qualify for Europe.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 10:29]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:39 - Jul 15 with 1116 viewsBigManBlue

I do see the point. I do also hope that we remember how to win before the start of the season, whether it "matters" or not.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:41 - Jul 15 with 1101 viewsitfcjoe

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:39 - Jul 15 by BigManBlue

I do see the point. I do also hope that we remember how to win before the start of the season, whether it "matters" or not.

Yep, it' so easy to write off pre season - but if you go to, or watch, the games there is plenty that can be gleaned from the games.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 1067 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:41 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Yep, it' so easy to write off pre season - but if you go to, or watch, the games there is plenty that can be gleaned from the games.

Of course. I remember going to most of the pre-season games in the late 80's / early 90's (Finland was fun) and we were rubbish in pre-season in 1991/92 yet won the league. Other seasons we have looked at it from day one and been rubbish in the league.

I would guess over the next few games we will start to play what Lambert sees as a best team / formation and it'll go from there. Far too early to panic.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 1066 viewsBigManBlue

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:41 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

It always worries me when you hear, "but it's only about fitness". Can you imagine any club with an expectation to win things ever, ever saying to themselves, oh it's just a kickabout, result doesn't matter, it's just about getting sharp? If winning is a mentality then that's not an attitude that engenders it.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:13 - Jul 15 with 910 viewsEwan_Oozami

Got my tickets for Friday against the more realistic test of ColU - I'll reserve any tentative judgement till after then! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:17 - Jul 15 with 888 viewsSwansea_Blue

If only you believed more....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:34 - Jul 15 with 841 viewsFreddies_Ears

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 09:44 - Jul 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Of course. I remember going to most of the pre-season games in the late 80's / early 90's (Finland was fun) and we were rubbish in pre-season in 1991/92 yet won the league. Other seasons we have looked at it from day one and been rubbish in the league.

I would guess over the next few games we will start to play what Lambert sees as a best team / formation and it'll go from there. Far too early to panic.

Both games so far we have played 2 different XIs, neither obviously stronger than the other. Paderborn stuffed us first half, but we were the better side in the second.

Yesterday, our first half team was absolutely destroyed by Fortuna, but it was a very strong Fortuna XI. (The Fortuna side who played v Utrecht was a much weaker line-up). Our second half team matched Meppen, who played their first XI until late subs.

All is not great, of course. There are obvious weaknesses, but, equally, some real positives. Not just Norwood!

ColU will be a better opportunity to judge, as team and shape emerge.
I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:53 - Jul 15 with 785 viewsxrayspecs

Will get a better idea of where we are at over next few games as we move more toward a first XI.
Login to get fewer ads

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:53 - Jul 15 with 786 viewsGuthrum

I had been pretty positive about the start of the season on 10:34 - Jul 15 by Freddies_Ears

Both games so far we have played 2 different XIs, neither obviously stronger than the other. Paderborn stuffed us first half, but we were the better side in the second.

Yesterday, our first half team was absolutely destroyed by Fortuna, but it was a very strong Fortuna XI. (The Fortuna side who played v Utrecht was a much weaker line-up). Our second half team matched Meppen, who played their first XI until late subs.

All is not great, of course. There are obvious weaknesses, but, equally, some real positives. Not just Norwood!

ColU will be a better opportunity to judge, as team and shape emerge.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, this Geman trip, including the Paderborn game and the Interwetten Cup, is more an extended assessment and training session for the benefit of the squad than competitive preseason matches for the fans, or any real indication of the eventual first team and its capabilities.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024