Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman 14:11 - Jul 15 with 2947 viewsGeoffSentence

Not only is the shorter gentleman in danger of having a taller scoundrel reach over them in a crowded bar and demand to be served first (Phil Whelan did this to me once, and I am on the cusp of average height), but now I discover that it is harder for the more compact fellow to burn calories.

In my new found vigour for cycling, I like to check my runs against a METS (metabolic equivalent somethings) calculator to get a handle on how many calories I might have used. In doing so I have discovered that changing the height parameter alone increases both the base metabolic rate and the number calories burnt for the activity.

It's a tough life for the diddy gent, doomed to be dumpy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:13 - Jul 15 with 2931 viewschicoazul

NSFW, needs sound.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:17 - Jul 15 with 2917 viewsGeoffSentence

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:13 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

NSFW, needs sound.

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing that can happen when you are struggling to burn calories. He was an extreme case, on the cusp of dwarf (are you allowed to say dwarf these days? Or is it midget that's wrong?)

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:27 - Jul 15 with 2896 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:30 - Jul 15 with 2883 viewsGeoffSentence

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:27 - Jul 15 by factual_blue

Man alive, that's the worst yet. Tiny folk also have to put up with Randy Newman abusing them via the medium of song.

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:32 - Jul 15 with 2872 viewsBlueBadger

Speaking of tiny folk, whatever happened to MJH?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 14:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 15:02 - Jul 15 with 2838 viewslinhdi

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:30 - Jul 15 by GeoffSentence

Man alive, that's the worst yet. Tiny folk also have to put up with Randy Newman abusing them via the medium of song.

That's certainly worth a whoosh!
The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:20 - Jul 15 with 2793 viewsWeWereZombies

Just eat less, most of what we eat just gets crapped out the other end anyway so you will be putting less strain on your digestive system.

I try and keep my weight in the nine and a half to ten and a half stone range, specifically for climbing (it's nice to not have your own body trying to pull you off a rock face) and other outdoor stuff, Less weight up top means less stress on the hips and knees, hopefully the joints will last a bit longer. And taller people sometimes say they envy me my balanced physique as I have more stability on rock and slippery surfaces, which can be a life saver - or can draw you on to more perilous climbs.

Also, in a riot or other heated gathering when the police or army fire warning shots above the crowd and get it a bit wrong it is the tall people who get the bullet in the head.

Finally, I find it easier to blend in with a lot of cultures when I do not tower over them and people are more open. You find out how to get the best local knowledge and at a decent price. But you do have endure lanky buffoons wobbling around and asking 'Do you speak English?' in their querulous voices...
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 16:29]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:26 - Jul 15 with 2783 viewsgiant_stow

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 14:27 - Jul 15 by factual_blue

I play that song to Mrs ullaa (who's v short) when I'm trying to mate with her. Haven't played it for a while but there are some very funny lines.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:29 - Jul 15 with 2776 viewsBluebell

What about some short ladies.

I won’t stand at Burton because I am bound to get a tall man in front of me and won’t be able to see the game.

We were at the theatre last Saturday and (as usual) I got a large man in front of me. Not only was he fat but was tall too. I spent the first half moving from side to side trying to see the stage. Fortunately we were able to move after the interval.

So please spare a thought for small women too.
The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:31 - Jul 15 with 2771 viewsgiant_stow

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:29 - Jul 15 by Bluebell

I won’t stand at Burton because I am bound to get a tall man in front of me and won’t be able to see the game.

We were at the theatre last Saturday and (as usual) I got a large man in front of me. Not only was he fat but was tall too. I spent the first half moving from side to side trying to see the stage. Fortunately we were able to move after the interval.

You lot have lower centres of gravity - I've noticed this means you're far more nimble moving through a crowd.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:36 - Jul 15 with 2746 viewsfooters

Grow up.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 19:26 - Jul 15 with 2674 viewsfactual_blue

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:26 - Jul 15 by giant_stow

I play that song to Mrs ullaa (who's v short) when I'm trying to mate with her. Haven't played it for a while but there are some very funny lines.

You've got to pick them up just to say hello.

They've got grubby little fingers, dirty little minds.
They're gonna get you every time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 2497 viewsbritbiker

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:29 - Jul 15 by Bluebell

Trouble with being a taller man is that I have a large chopper. Those short guys can have little ones.

If I had a little chopper I would keep scraping my knees on tight bends. I just look silly on a little bike.:-)
The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:35 - Jul 17 with 2476 viewsWeWereZombies

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:26 - Jul 17 by britbiker

Trouble with being a taller man is that I have a large chopper. Those short guys can have little ones.

If I had a little chopper I would keep scraping my knees on tight bends. I just look silly on a little bike.:-)

You highlight yet another advantage of being a sensible height. A compact frame gives stability and assurance whereas, as you point out, an excessive loftiness brings a degree of instability. Where issues such as thrust and positioning are involved then a discerning passenger will realise that not only that small is beautiful, it is considerably more effective.

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:48 - Jul 17 with 2456 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:35 - Jul 17 by WeWereZombies

You highlight yet another advantage of being a sensible height. A compact frame gives stability and assurance whereas, as you point out, an excessive loftiness brings a degree of instability. Where issues such as thrust and positioning are involved then a discerning passenger will realise that not only that small is beautiful, it is considerably more effective.

So people of diminutive stature have several advantages. Clearly our taller brethren benefit in lots of ways from their extra inches.

Will anyone spare a thought for we poor average joes who always seem to be shunted into a siding of mediocrity.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 2413 viewsGeoffSentence

Tall chaps are inconsiderate aren't they. The scallywags.

It's the one thing I like about flying, it is the only everyday situation in which lofty folk are at a disdvantage, how I love to see them with their knees squeezed up to their chests looking uncomfortable. Take that Phil Whelan.

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:23 - Jul 17 with 2408 viewsGeoffSentence

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 16:20 - Jul 15 by WeWereZombies

Just eat less, most of what we eat just gets crapped out the other end anyway so you will be putting less strain on your digestive system.

I try and keep my weight in the nine and a half to ten and a half stone range, specifically for climbing (it's nice to not have your own body trying to pull you off a rock face) and other outdoor stuff, Less weight up top means less stress on the hips and knees, hopefully the joints will last a bit longer. And taller people sometimes say they envy me my balanced physique as I have more stability on rock and slippery surfaces, which can be a life saver - or can draw you on to more perilous climbs.

Also, in a riot or other heated gathering when the police or army fire warning shots above the crowd and get it a bit wrong it is the tall people who get the bullet in the head.

Finally, I find it easier to blend in with a lot of cultures when I do not tower over them and people are more open. You find out how to get the best local knowledge and at a decent price. But you do have endure lanky buffoons wobbling around and asking 'Do you speak English?' in their querulous voices...
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 16:29]

Just eat less? The point is short folk do have to eat less just to stay in equilibrium, but food is a pleasure. It would only be worse if the solution to shortiness was to 'just w@nk less'.

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:25 - Jul 17 with 2401 viewsGeoffSentence

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 08:26 - Jul 17 by britbiker

I suppose that is one thing about the condesnsed don, they don't suffer from the boastfulness of the rangier fellow.

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 2386 viewsfooters

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:25 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

I suppose that is one thing about the condesnsed don, they don't suffer from the boastfulness of the rangier fellow.

No, even worse- they try to make up for it!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 13:18 - Jul 17 with 2321 viewsOldsmoker

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:21 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

Tall chaps are inconsiderate aren't they. The scallywags.

It's the one thing I like about flying, it is the only everyday situation in which lofty folk are at a disdvantage, how I love to see them with their knees squeezed up to their chests looking uncomfortable. Take that Phil Whelan.

And driving sports cars like Ferraris.
At 193 cm all the flash cars are impossible for me to get in.
I always get picked on by shorties in supermarkets to get stuff off the top shelf for them.
I have to constantly avert my eyes when standing next to a shortish lady with a plunging neckline - it's hard being tall.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 17:46 - Jul 17 with 2280 viewsWeWereZombies

The trials and tribulations of the shorter gentleman on 09:23 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

Just eat less? The point is short folk do have to eat less just to stay in equilibrium, but food is a pleasure. It would only be worse if the solution to shortiness was to 'just w@nk less'.

OK, eat less but better quality. If you buy less then you can afford top notch produce. Which will improve your physique, which will make you more attractive, which will get you more sex, so you will not have to w@nk at all. Unless you find that you are so healthy that you can increase your frequency of masturbation even though you are having regular sex.

And once she cottons on to your superior heft capabilities compared with the loftier partners she has now ditched you may also get a lot of irregular sex too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024