Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Back pairing 16:04 - Jul 15 with 3434 viewsWickets

Well most of us have been saying that we need a decent centre back to our squad ,as things stand we seem as though we will kick off the season with the youngest pairing in the history of the club Woolfenden and Ndaba unless PL uses Skuse i suppose . Can we have updates on the injurys Phil as soon as poss please . And just in case anyone thinks i am i'm not knocking any of our young players !
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 16:06]
Centre Back pairing on 16:07 - Jul 15 with 3049 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why is Nsiala suddenly out of the picture?

Have I missed news that he's out for a while? Last I heard he came off yesterday but heard nothing to say it was serious.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Centre Back pairing on 16:13 - Jul 15 with 3002 viewshomer_123

Centre Back pairing on 16:07 - Jul 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Have I missed news that he's out for a while? Last I heard he came off yesterday but heard nothing to say it was serious.

When has Nsiala been in the picture?

He's done very little in his time with us really.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Centre Back pairing on 16:17 - Jul 15 with 2986 viewsGarv

Hamstring injury, so not unlikely he'll be out for Burton.

Having got to the PO finals a year ago you'd like to think he will nail down that spot, even if at Championship level he looked quite erratic.

In a more physical league he should flourish a bit more.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Centre Back pairing on 16:48 - Jul 15 with 2900 viewsWickets

Hamstring out for a month or so i think !
Centre Back pairing on 16:48 - Jul 15 with 2899 viewsPJH

Russell Osman and Terry Butcher were both aged 19 the first time that they played together in the first team,that worked out quite well eventually.
Centre Back pairing on 16:52 - Jul 15 with 2886 viewsWickets

Centre Back pairing on 16:48 - Jul 15 by PJH

Russell Osman and Terry Butcher were both aged 19 the first time that they played together in the first team,that worked out quite well eventually.

If they are half as good as those two bring it on ! But to make the step up to first team football in league one in a game that is very important so as to get us off to a good start is hardly ideal . Maybe PL has got it covered ?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 17:00]
Centre Back pairing on 18:08 - Jul 15 with 2758 viewslinhdi

Centre Back pairing on 16:48 - Jul 15 by Wickets

Hamstring out for a month or so i think !

He said out for 4 weeks yesterday, about an hour after hobbling off.
Centre Back pairing on 18:16 - Jul 15 with 2737 viewsBlueBadger

Centre Back pairing on 16:13 - Jul 15 by homer_123

When has Nsiala been in the picture?

He's done very little in his time with us really.

Apparently he's 'proven' in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Centre Back pairing on 18:22 - Jul 15 with 2723 viewsblueislander

Centre Back pairing on 16:48 - Jul 15 by PJH

When Osman broke into the first team he was very error prone, and they were quite often costly ones. Robson persevered with him , and the rest is history.
Centre Back pairing on 18:26 - Jul 15 with 2708 viewsLankHenners

Centre Back pairing on 18:16 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

Pretty much all your dull repetitive one-liners fall apart at the mildest inspection, but what exactly is your issue with the idea that one of the top performing defenders in league 1 last time he played there isn't a bad player to have in the team?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Centre Back pairing on 18:30 - Jul 15 with 2692 viewsPJH

Centre Back pairing on 18:22 - Jul 15 by blueislander

When Osman broke into the first team he was very error prone, and they were quite often costly ones. Robson persevered with him , and the rest is history.

During 1977/78 Osman had to be used a lot because of the number of games that The Beat was missing,Butcher played 3 games at the end of the season because Big Al was also missing.
The first two games that Butch played (with Osman) were Everton away and Liverpool away.

Russell Osman was of course on standby to play in the F.A. Cup Final if Hunter had failed his fitness test.

The previous season Dale Roberts had been understudy to Hunter and Beattie.
Centre Back pairing on 18:45 - Jul 15 with 2654 viewsBlueBadger

Centre Back pairing on 18:26 - Jul 15 by LankHenners

Pretty much all your dull repetitive one-liners fall apart at the mildest inspection, but what exactly is your issue with the idea that one of the top performing defenders in league 1 last time he played there isn't a bad player to have in the team?

It just depresses me that that's where we're at. We're actively worried that a player 'proven in League One' who spent most of last season picking up cards and making errors leading to goals has an injury.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 18:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Centre Back pairing on 18:48 - Jul 15 with 2633 viewsblueislander

Centre Back pairing on 18:30 - Jul 15 by PJH

During 1977/78 Osman had to be used a lot because of the number of games that The Beat was missing,Butcher played 3 games at the end of the season because Big Al was also missing.
The first two games that Butch played (with Osman) were Everton away and Liverpool away.

Russell Osman was of course on standby to play in the F.A. Cup Final if Hunter had failed his fitness test.

Didn’t Butcher play some games at left back?
Centre Back pairing on 18:49 - Jul 15 with 2636 viewsPJH

Centre Back pairing on 18:45 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

It just depresses me that that's where we're at. We're actively worried that a player 'proven in League One' who spent most of last season picking up cards and making errors leading to goals has an injury.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 18:47]

I think that it is depressing that the club has had to come down a level to be where Hurst's signings (apart from the one that has already gone) might be able to make a major contribution.

Actually the one that has left was the one that I thought the most likely to make a major contribution.
Centre Back pairing on 18:53 - Jul 15 with 2613 viewsBlueBadger

Centre Back pairing on 18:49 - Jul 15 by PJH

I think that it is depressing that the club has had to come down a level to be where Hurst's signings (apart from the one that has already gone) might be able to make a major contribution.

Actually the one that has left was the one that I thought the most likely to make a major contribution.

Don't forget Judge, who we shouldn't be accepting anything less than £3M for.

Centre Back pairing on 18:56 - Jul 15 with 2594 viewsPJH

Centre Back pairing on 18:48 - Jul 15 by blueislander

Didn’t Butcher play some games at left back?

Not until 1979/80 when either George Burley was out and Mick Mills RB or Mick Mills played in MF.

In 1977/78 and 1978/79 Butcher was in for either Hunter or Beattie-Osman was established in the first team from the start of 1978/79.
Centre Back pairing on 19:04 - Jul 15 with 2571 viewsblueislander

Centre Back pairing on 18:56 - Jul 15 by PJH

Not until 1979/80 when either George Burley was out and Mick Mills RB or Mick Mills played in MF.

In 1977/78 and 1978/79 Butcher was in for either Hunter or Beattie-Osman was established in the first team from the start of 1978/79.

No doubt in my mind that Beat’s best position was left back, mainly because of the 50 yard cross field balls that he could land on a sixpence.
Centre Back pairing on 19:11 - Jul 15 with 2556 viewsPJH

Centre Back pairing on 19:04 - Jul 15 by blueislander

No doubt in my mind that Beat’s best position was left back, mainly because of the 50 yard cross field balls that he could land on a sixpence.

I think Beat's best position was wherever you put him on a football pitch except presumably in goal although he may well have been pretty good at that too.

There was not a single element of what makes up being a footballer that he could not do and do well.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 19:39]
Centre Back pairing on 20:11 - Jul 15 with 2447 viewsWickets

Centre Back pairing on 18:30 - Jul 15 by PJH

So very much different to them starting against Burton IF that was too happen then !
Centre Back pairing on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 2275 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Centre Back pairing on 20:11 - Jul 15 by Wickets

So very much different to them starting against Burton IF that was too happen then !

Surely the positive to come from relegation is to be able to bring through our own players.

Woolfenden was a regular and receiving good reports from League 2 last season wasn't he?

I would be disappointed if he didn't get a significant number of games for us this season. I do understand the need for experience around them, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Centre Back pairing on 22:49 - Jul 15 with 2254 viewstextbackup

Centre Back pairing on 18:16 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

tell me why you believe him not to be then? this should be interesting

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Centre Back pairing on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 2241 viewsBlueBadger

Centre Back pairing on 22:49 - Jul 15 by textbackup

tell me why you believe him not to be then? this should be interesting

Centre Back pairing by BlueBadger 15 Jul 2019 18:45

Centre Back pairing on 22:57 - Jul 15 with 2229 viewstextbackup

Centre Back pairing on 22:52 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

actively worried? I think its only natural to think a player that played well at that level will be a miss if he's injured.

it is what it is, no point being depressed about it, nobody associated to this club is too good for L1 and what it brings, swallow it accept it

Centre Back pairing on 22:57 - Jul 15 with 2230 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Centre Back pairing on 22:52 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

It is where we are at. We are in League 1.

Nsiala is an interesting one. Was he so poor last season because he took time to settle and he could be outstanding for us next? Was it because the Championship was a step too far and he could be decent this season? Was it because he isn't actually all that good and he looked good to Hurst because of who he had playing around him? I guess time will tell.

He is our player and we have to give him a chance but we need better from him than we got last season. However, that could be said about pretty much every player we still have here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Centre Back pairing on 23:03 - Jul 15 with 2220 viewstextbackup

Centre Back pairing on 22:57 - Jul 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is where we are at. We are in League 1.

Nsiala is an interesting one. Was he so poor last season because he took time to settle and he could be outstanding for us next? Was it because the Championship was a step too far and he could be decent this season? Was it because he isn't actually all that good and he looked good to Hurst because of who he had playing around him? I guess time will tell.

He is our player and we have to give him a chance but we need better from him than we got last season. However, that could be said about pretty much every player we still have here.

had it been toto coming into a settled team, with not too many changes I think he'd have slotted in ok. as it was the amount of changes made them all look pretty porr.

toto will do fine for us in league 1, seems a good bloke too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024