Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? 12:50 - Jul 16 with 2162 viewssoupytwist

Does anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? Probably going to go to the Keith Haring exhibition at the Tate and make a weekend of it? Places to stay, things to do etc. (not intending to go to the Cavern unless I really have to).

Thanks
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 2147 viewsKieran_Knows

Little bit outside of Liverpool, but Chester Zoo?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 2146 viewsSitfcB

Chester Zoo

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 12:59 - Jul 16 with 2107 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lots of museums at Albert Dock. Think there are more events etc these days too;

https://albertdock.com/shop-see-stay

Are the Gormley statues still at Crosby?

Stadium tour?

Manchester!! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 13:03 - Jul 16 with 2086 viewsSwansea_Blue

Albert docks
China town
The Liverpool Eye thingy, if it's still there is worth a look to - my lad enjoyed the views you get from their across the river and City
Anfield tour
Ferry across the Mersey
Plenty of museums, although the kids might not like them depending on age - the Transport Museum at Birkenhead might be a bit more engaging

Or if you do prefer the countryside over the City, there are a few nice places on the Wirral too:
Wallasey & West Kirby beaches
Walks on Thursaston Hill
There are a few minor attractions on the Wirrall too - check Trip Advisor

Chester Zoo is another great option for kids, as others have said

[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 13:24]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 13:32 - Jul 16 with 2037 viewsBent_double

Was there last week for a flying visit to just do a stadium tour of Anfield, worth it if you like that kind of thing. Didn't really have time for anything else unfortunately, lots of lovely architecture to admire, and Beatles stuff of course, but yes, avoid the Cavern club area, especially at night if you have young children!

Stayed in an aparthotel close to the city centre and the 'Liverpool One' shopping complex, seemed to be loads of similar type accommodation in that area if that's what your looking for, as opposed to a hotel/b&b.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 15:52 - Jul 16 with 1969 viewsjontysnut

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 13:32 - Jul 16 by Bent_double

Was there last week for a flying visit to just do a stadium tour of Anfield, worth it if you like that kind of thing. Didn't really have time for anything else unfortunately, lots of lovely architecture to admire, and Beatles stuff of course, but yes, avoid the Cavern club area, especially at night if you have young children!

Stayed in an aparthotel close to the city centre and the 'Liverpool One' shopping complex, seemed to be loads of similar type accommodation in that area if that's what your looking for, as opposed to a hotel/b&b.

Nip up to Crosby for a bracing walk on the beach and see the Anthony Gormley statues. Get the ferry and have a walk along the front at New Brighton for good views across to Liverpool. Some cracking pubs if you get time. Knowsley safari park and watch chimps rip your window wipers off.
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 17:23 - Jul 16 with 1897 viewshoppy

Make sure your spare wheel is in good condition before travelling.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 17:24 - Jul 16 with 1895 viewshoppy

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 15:52 - Jul 16 by jontysnut

Nip up to Crosby for a bracing walk on the beach and see the Anthony Gormley statues. Get the ferry and have a walk along the front at New Brighton for good views across to Liverpool. Some cracking pubs if you get time. Knowsley safari park and watch chimps rip your window wipers off.

Are you sure that was Knowsley and not Toxteth?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 17:30 - Jul 16 with 1884 viewsStowTractorBoy

Fantastic city to visit. Had only been to Goodison and Anfield before so decided to have a few days up there. Stayed at the Campanile Hotel in the Dock Area which was cheap and cheerful but more than adequate and had a car park and a McDonalds directly opposite the hotel. There is tons to do including walking the Dock Area where there is a ferris wheel.
Take the Mersey Ferry which has to be done. You can go to the top of the Radio City Tower where there are spectacular views of the City and beyond and can see Anfield and Goodison in the distance. There are 2 cathedrals and the Anglican Cathedral which if you are lucky has a lift access to the top of the Tower. The Roman Catholic Cathedral is worth a visit for its uniqueness. There is of course the Beatles Story on display in the Dock Area and the Cavern Club in the City which to be honest is not awe inspiring but just took a photo of Cilla Blacks' statue. I could go on as there are many splendid buildings around the City my favourite being the Liver Building. Hope this helps.
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool on 17:52 - Jul 16 with 1855 viewsartsbossbeard

Pop to anfield and see if you can track down the Heysel commerative plaque and then let someone at anfield know where it is so that they can properly commerate the occasion every year.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 17:56 - Jul 16 with 1837 viewswellyblue

Don't go near any fountains.
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 19:48 - Jul 16 with 1765 viewsjontysnut

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 17:24 - Jul 16 by hoppy

Are you sure that was Knowsley and not Toxteth?

No because my hub caps were intact. They need, an opposable thumb.

I'd avoid the Spoons in Bootle though. First time for ages someone said 'you're not from round here are you'
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 20:08 - Jul 16 with 1741 viewspimballwizard

Wear matching shellsuits so as not to look out of place
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 20:43 - Jul 16 with 1702 viewsDevereuxxx

Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 19:48 - Jul 16 by jontysnut

No because my hub caps were intact. They need, an opposable thumb.

I'd avoid the Spoons in Bootle though. First time for ages someone said 'you're not from round here are you'

Whenever I'm up there in some of the more 'local' establishments in the Crosby/Waterloo area, I'm basically using my scouse girlfriend as a shield against the locals suspicious of my southern accent.

Lovely city to visit though. The Baltic market is a good area nowadays, lots of food (and booze) options. Not sure the policy on kids though. Crosby beach and the Anthony Gormley statues are also nice if the weather is kind.
Anyone have any tips for a family weekend in Liverpool? on 22:10 - Jul 16 with 1637 viewssoupytwist

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Should probably have mentioned that the kids are teenagers rather than toddlers.
Haven't been there since spending a weekend as a student in 1991 doing the Northern Polytechnics Team Sailing Championships at Albert Dock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024