Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well 20:22 - Jul 16 with 1112 viewshomer_123

but to perform a minor miracle this season.

His track record on the pitch isn't great...we haven't pulled up any trees but hopefully a decent pre season will see us start well and build confidence.

However...if the worst happens and we continue last seasons form...what do we do?

Do we stick with Lambert for a full season, regardless, or do we take a further gamble and change again?

To be honest I'm not overly optimistic for this season...fearing a mid table finish right now but really hope I am wrong. Also hoping that we do pick up 1 or 2 more players as we still feel light in a couple of places.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 20:24 - Jul 16 with 1083 viewsTractorCam

I expect top 6 minmium so far so my 'minor miracle' would be the 100 points 100 goals joke.

If we are cut adrift of the top 6 in October/November he should go.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 20:29 - Jul 16 with 1062 viewsCoastalblue

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 20:24 - Jul 16 by TractorCam

I expect top 6 minmium so far so my 'minor miracle' would be the 100 points 100 goals joke.

If we are cut adrift of the top 6 in October/November he should go.

I think we have to accept we've turned into a project for someone now, maybe it's not Lambert but I hope it is, we do however need to give the right person time to sort the club out.

That said, I do expect top 6.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 20:57 - Jul 16 with 994 viewspointofblue

Comparing the current squads in the division we should be in the top six easily. Of course football isn't contested on paper but he won't be performing a minor miracle getting us there - he'll be doing as expected.

Of course other teams could make signings in the interim but, for now, we should be in a reasonable position.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 21:03 - Jul 16 with 973 viewsKeaneish

I like the man. He does very well off the field and I appreciate his principles and approach on the pitch. He has to deliver this season though and I’m really hoping he does it. Jury is still out for me though. Can’t make the Burton game but eagerly awaiting to see what he’s crafted against Sunderland. Worrying thing for me at the moment is we still seem to be making the same mistakes as last season in pre-season. Now is the time to eradicate the mistakes, youth or not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 21:05 - Jul 16 with 964 viewsArnieM

Tbh , it really wouldn’t surprise me if it takes a couple of seasons for Town to get promoted.

We have s lots of youngsters in the squad now and some have made s significant step up or are finally getting a chance to establish themselves. Rome weren’t built in a day , as they say. Think we might have to be patient a little bit longer.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 21:44 - Jul 16 with 866 viewsTractorCam

I want (and we need) Lambert to not just do well on 21:05 - Jul 16 by ArnieM

Tbh , it really wouldn’t surprise me if it takes a couple of seasons for Town to get promoted.

We have s lots of youngsters in the squad now and some have made s significant step up or are finally getting a chance to establish themselves. Rome weren’t built in a day , as they say. Think we might have to be patient a little bit longer.

I don't like that youngsters tag. Dozzell, Downes, Kenlock, Emmanuel are 4 you will be thinking about and all 4 have played regularly in the championship, and in Josh's case as well as championship a League 1 promotion team. The players who have had to step up have all now had a year in the championship so should be able to ease into league 1 easily, especially as most were playing there anyway.

Norwood is his own case obviously but he should fit in fine. Holy and Garbutt have had league 1 experience, Garbutt even championship as well. The players are there, it's down to Lambert now and I believe we will go up, but it has to be now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024