Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just read this about London Bridge terrorists 20:27 - Jul 16 with 1247 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Makes me think how well the police did to get them and not innocent bystanders with all the confusion involved.

Never done jury service but I do wonder why it took 3.5 hours to come to the verdict.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/london-bridge-attackers-were-lawfully-kill
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:28]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:48 - Jul 16 with 1191 viewschristiand

If the verdict had gone against the police, it surely would ask the question as to why anybody would want to join the police and have a career in the force? I appreciate that at times they don't always crown themselves in glory, but when they are putting their lives on the line daily (especially this day and age) and are constantly challenged about their actions in dealing with different situations you then appreciate that the job isn't just physical, but a mental battle too. To me, it just seems that the police are constantly made accountable for their actions at the mere drop of a hat, is that because they are the easiest option? When in most cases they are simply trying to do the job to the best of their ability. It appears deliberate barriers are put up in front of them to make their job even tougher, it must be so frustrating for them to enjoy what they are doing and equally gain self-satisfaction that they are making a difference.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:52 - Jul 16 with 1189 viewsBlueBadger

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:48 - Jul 16 by christiand

If the verdict had gone against the police, it surely would ask the question as to why anybody would want to join the police and have a career in the force? I appreciate that at times they don't always crown themselves in glory, but when they are putting their lives on the line daily (especially this day and age) and are constantly challenged about their actions in dealing with different situations you then appreciate that the job isn't just physical, but a mental battle too. To me, it just seems that the police are constantly made accountable for their actions at the mere drop of a hat, is that because they are the easiest option? When in most cases they are simply trying to do the job to the best of their ability. It appears deliberate barriers are put up in front of them to make their job even tougher, it must be so frustrating for them to enjoy what they are doing and equally gain self-satisfaction that they are making a difference.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:50]

The day we have police who aren't accountable for their actions, whatever those actions are is the day we move one step closer to being, ironically enough, the sort of world that the terrorists they stopped at Westminster would like it to be.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:57 - Jul 16 with 1159 viewschristiand

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:52 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

The day we have police who aren't accountable for their actions, whatever those actions are is the day we move one step closer to being, ironically enough, the sort of world that the terrorists they stopped at Westminster would like it to be.

Not for every little incident though, every in-take of breath seems like it's monitored! I appreciate that an inquest is needed if something has been done incorrectly or against procedures after all the police are there to uphold the law, but sometimes these inquests take an eternity to get to this stage. Naturally, this impacts on the those police members involved, who maybe innocent, which is just plain wrong.

The length of time for the London Bridge verdict was just ridiculous, they're rampaging through streets of the capital killing or injuring innocent bystanders. How did they expect the Met Police to react, encourage the terrorists to sit down for an impromptu counselling session? As the OP pointed out 3.5 hours for that verdict? Just madness! They did their job clinically that night and did it well. If they hadn't, many more innocent lives would've been lost.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 21:19]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:58 - Jul 16 with 1155 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Indeed. I have no issue with their being an inquest (and would have an issue if there hadn't been).

I do wonder why it took over 3 hours to come to a verdict. Probably good reason, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 21:05 - Jul 16 with 1135 viewsBlueBadger

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:57 - Jul 16 by christiand

Not for every little incident though, every in-take of breath seems like it's monitored! I appreciate that an inquest is needed if something has been done incorrectly or against procedures after all the police are there to uphold the law, but sometimes these inquests take an eternity to get to this stage. Naturally, this impacts on the those police members involved, who maybe innocent, which is just plain wrong.

The length of time for the London Bridge verdict was just ridiculous, they're rampaging through streets of the capital killing or injuring innocent bystanders. How did they expect the Met Police to react, encourage the terrorists to sit down for an impromptu counselling session? As the OP pointed out 3.5 hours for that verdict? Just madness! They did their job clinically that night and did it well. If they hadn't, many more innocent lives would've been lost.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 21:19]

Which 'little incidents' should the police(or indeed any body or profession with a responsibility to the public) NOT be scrutinised over?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 21:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 1061 viewsfactual_blue

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 20:58 - Jul 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. I have no issue with their being an inquest (and would have an issue if there hadn't been).

I do wonder why it took over 3 hours to come to a verdict. Probably good reason, though.

There was a jury, who have to present their findings of fact. You only have to have a meeting on anything with another eleven people to realise what a world of pain that will mean.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 21:57 - Jul 16 with 1020 viewsMaySixth

I was there.
Scary.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Just read this about London Bridge terrorists on 22:17 - Jul 16 with 1010 viewsCoastalblue

You're dead right, and being mates with a few people in the Met they are extremely pleased that they are getting to wear body cameras which do hold them accountable, but also give them some protection.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024