Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian 21:49 - Jul 16 with 1469 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/tom-watson-backs-labour-motion-

The peers, including more than a dozen former ministers such as Peter Hain, Beverley Hughes and John Reid, have addressed the advert in the Guardian to Corbyn directly, saying: “The Labour party welcomes everyone* irrespective of race, creed, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. (*except, it seems, Jews). This is your legacy, Mr Corbyn.”
Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 21:53 - Jul 16 with 1457 viewsStokieBlue

They are just disaffected anti-Corbynists. They can be dismissed.

I'm not sure an advert in the Guardian is the best way to make a point though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 22:03 - Jul 16 with 1426 viewsElderGrizzly

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 21:53 - Jul 16 by StokieBlue

SB

I’d expect that is the line the defenders will take. I guess frustration on their part

The considered reaction on Twitter tonight is to expunge the whole House of Lords...
Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 07:49 - Jul 17 with 1226 viewshampstead_blue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 21:53 - Jul 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Do you not agree there is a problem?

This is a group of senior politicians who ought to be taken seriously, regardless of which side they are on.
If they are "to be dismissed" are you not taking the stance of a Corbyn apologist?

Come-on, anyone who saw Panorama and seeing MP's leave and stand-up against that vile little man can see there is a problem.

A problem caused by HIS people right under his nose.......Has he lost his sense of smell?

Edit;
I didn't hear or read the quote to which SB alludes, hence my attributing it to him and rather pointed reaction.
My apologies.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 9:32]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 07:54 - Jul 17 with 1219 viewsCoastalblue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 07:49 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

Do you not agree there is a problem?

This is a group of senior politicians who ought to be taken seriously, regardless of which side they are on.
If they are "to be dismissed" are you not taking the stance of a Corbyn apologist?

Come-on, anyone who saw Panorama and seeing MP's leave and stand-up against that vile little man can see there is a problem.

A problem caused by HIS people right under his nose.......Has he lost his sense of smell?

Edit;
I didn't hear or read the quote to which SB alludes, hence my attributing it to him and rather pointed reaction.
My apologies.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 9:32]

I think SB's point is that was precisely what was said about anybody who spoke out on the Panorama programme.

It's what will be said rather than his view.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:08 - Jul 17 with 1192 viewshampstead_blue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 07:54 - Jul 17 by Coastalblue

I think SB's point is that was precisely what was said about anybody who spoke out on the Panorama programme.

It's what will be said rather than his view.

I like his irony, if that is the case. Maybe some grammar.

I wonder why he wrote in as coming from himself.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:11 - Jul 17 with 1186 viewsitfcjoe

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:08 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

I think anyone who has conversed with Stokie on here previously would have known that this isn't his view.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:22 - Jul 17 with 1155 viewsStokieBlue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:08 - Jul 17 by hampstead_blue

The grammar is fine in that post. If I put it in quotation marks then it's no longer ironical.

It's basically exactly what the Labour response was after the Panorama expose last week. Shameful as that was I don't see why they would respond in any different way to this. Once you've taken a line to dismiss anything inconvenient it's likely you'll stick to it.

SB
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 8:23]

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:48 - Jul 17 with 1107 viewsElderGrizzly

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:22 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

The grammar is fine in that post. If I put it in quotation marks then it's no longer ironical.

It's basically exactly what the Labour response was after the Panorama expose last week. Shameful as that was I don't see why they would respond in any different way to this. Once you've taken a line to dismiss anything inconvenient it's likely you'll stick to it.

SB
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 8:23]

Here’s the advert

Login to get fewer ads

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 09:01 - Jul 17 with 1087 viewsStokieBlue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 08:48 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Here’s the advert

Yep, saw it on Newsnight last night where they sprung it on someone.

It's all just a bit ridiculous. On one side you have the Tories lying about pretty much everything and on the other side you have Labour unable to even talk about subjects face to face.

Pathetic stuff all round.

SB

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 09:02 - Jul 17 with 1085 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

This testimony blows apart the usual defences, one by one.

“It’s disaffected Blairites”: this whistleblower voted for Corbyn

“It’s just opposition to Israel”. He describes racism directed at Jews including how the Holocaust wasn’t such a bad thing.

“It’s a tiny handful”. He says there were 100s of cases a week

I’ve also mentioned Tracy Ann Oberman on here before and the in-line hate she receives for highlighting Labour’s antisemitism issues. The following from the Victoria Derbyshire show last week are well worth watching, although absolutely heartbreaking at the same time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 09:35 - Jul 17 with 1039 viewshampstead_blue

Now the Labour peers come for Corbyn - an advert in the Guardian on 09:01 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

Yep, saw it on Newsnight last night where they sprung it on someone.

It's all just a bit ridiculous. On one side you have the Tories lying about pretty much everything and on the other side you have Labour unable to even talk about subjects face to face.

Pathetic stuff all round.

SB

It's 'action=opposite and equal reaction'.

When a radical wing get in power it's simply balanced. Not saying it's right but it happens and is happening all across the world.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024