Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train Tickets 07:29 - Jul 17 with 1660 viewsKTBlue

Just bought return train tickets, first class, from Kingston in SW London to Ipswich for the Sunderland game. Less than £40. Not bad I thought bearing in mind it is not that far in advance, and got the times I wanted.

Only went first class as it was a couple of quid more than normal class.
Train Tickets on 07:59 - Jul 17 with 1533 viewsSWGF

Train ticket prices are one of life's many mysteries.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Train Tickets on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 1346 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blimey! Back in England, eh? I'll have to bring along my MTTS script for your perusal!! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Train Tickets on 17:22 - Jul 17 with 1297 viewsGeoffSentence

I've travelled first class to London from Ipswich on a Saturday before as it was only £3 more than standard.

Remember to claim the complementary stuff, get that couple of quids worth. It was coffee and a bacon roll last time I did it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Train Tickets on 22:09 - Jul 17 with 1204 viewsKTBlue

Train Tickets on 16:22 - Jul 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Blimey! Back in England, eh? I'll have to bring along my MTTS script for your perusal!! :-)

Back in 2 weeks!
Train Tickets on 02:50 - Jul 18 with 1132 viewsKTBlue

Train Tickets on 17:22 - Jul 17 by GeoffSentence

I've travelled first class to London from Ipswich on a Saturday before as it was only £3 more than standard.

Remember to claim the complementary stuff, get that couple of quids worth. It was coffee and a bacon roll last time I did it.

think that's only weekdays. Did it on GNR a while back and got a bottle of wine and steak and kidney pudding for free.
Train Tickets on 07:24 - Jul 18 with 1031 viewsGeoffSentence

Train Tickets on 02:50 - Jul 18 by KTBlue

think that's only weekdays. Did it on GNR a while back and got a bottle of wine and steak and kidney pudding for free.

Nope, this was on a Saturday. Also went up to Edinburgh on a Sunday a few weeks ago first class and there was complimentary stuff on that service too, but just not the hot meals that were available on the Thursday return journey.

Train Tickets on 07:49 - Jul 18 with 998 viewsKTBlue

Train Tickets on 07:24 - Jul 18 by GeoffSentence

Nope, this was on a Saturday. Also went up to Edinburgh on a Sunday a few weeks ago first class and there was complimentary stuff on that service too, but just not the hot meals that were available on the Thursday return journey.

Depends on the train company. London to ipswich is only weekdays, i looked at their site.
Train Tickets on 07:59 - Jul 18 with 980 viewsGeoffSentence

Train Tickets on 07:49 - Jul 18 by KTBlue

Depends on the train company. London to ipswich is only weekdays, i looked at their site.

Cripes, looks like they have downgraded first class since last year. On some services you don't even get a table or wifi, which begs the question , what is first class about it.

Login to get fewer ads

Train Tickets on 08:12 - Jul 18 with 954 viewsKTBlue

Train Tickets on 07:59 - Jul 18 by GeoffSentence

Cripes, looks like they have downgraded first class since last year. On some services you don't even get a table or wifi, which begs the question , what is first class about it.

ha yes. Maybe getting a seat differentiates it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024