Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now 16:26 - Jul 17 with 2682 viewsElderGrizzly

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:27 - Jul 17 with 2650 viewsKieran_Knows

Thought they only had like 7 players anyway?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:27 - Jul 17 with 2643 viewsElderGrizzly

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:27 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. I assume the U23 players need paying too
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:30 - Jul 17 with 2606 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I don't see how they can realistically even start the season.

It'll be a farce. At best they will have U23 or even U19 players playing that are willing to overlook not being paid, because it's relatively little, only to get absolutely annihilated.

You could be talking record scores. How many games in the 'league' would those kids play before they simply don't want to do so anymore?

If it gets any worse they'll be holding trials for fans and picking an XI of decent semi-professionals who support the club.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:30 - Jul 17 with 2597 viewsKieran_Knows

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:30 - Jul 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I don't see how they can realistically even start the season.

It'll be a farce. At best they will have U23 or even U19 players playing that are willing to overlook not being paid, because it's relatively little, only to get absolutely annihilated.

You could be talking record scores. How many games in the 'league' would those kids play before they simply don't want to do so anymore?

If it gets any worse they'll be holding trials for fans and picking an XI of decent semi-professionals who support the club.

You watch them still somehow finish above us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:31 - Jul 17 with 2601 viewsITFC_Forever

Bury also have no squad - they fielded a team of entirely trialists the other night.

L1 may only have 22 teams at this rate.

Not sure what the clubs in the division are going to do about that - missing out on two home games of revenue.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:32 - Jul 17 with 2578 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:31 - Jul 17 by ITFC_Forever

Bury also have no squad - they fielded a team of entirely trialists the other night.

Not sure what the clubs in the division are going to do about that - missing out on two home games of revenue.....

Knowing the Football League, they will completely ignore the situation with Bolton and Bury until they have no choice but to expel them and then fine the other 22 clubs for just falling short of turnover expectations by those two missing home games!

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:34 - Jul 17 with 2566 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:27 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

Yep, the game was only at the local Goals centre

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:39 - Jul 17 with 2520 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:31 - Jul 17 by ITFC_Forever

On a serious note, I look forward to the deafening silence coming from the FA on the matter.

Two former FA Cup winners, only in the third tier of the league pyramid, one in the Premier League not so long ago, the other somewhat smaller, are fighting for their existence and have no players just 3 weeks before the season.

I wonder what, if anything, they've done to help the two clubs in this period, given the inevitable likeliness of this sort of thing occurring when players leave at the expiry of their contracts and others funnily enough don't want to join a club that won't pay them.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 with 2505 viewsitfcjoe

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:39 - Jul 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

On a serious note, I look forward to the deafening silence coming from the FA on the matter.

Two former FA Cup winners, only in the third tier of the league pyramid, one in the Premier League not so long ago, the other somewhat smaller, are fighting for their existence and have no players just 3 weeks before the season.

I wonder what, if anything, they've done to help the two clubs in this period, given the inevitable likeliness of this sort of thing occurring when players leave at the expiry of their contracts and others funnily enough don't want to join a club that won't pay them.

WHat can the FA do? They are EFL clubs and that is who needs to be sorting this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 with 2506 viewsIllinoisblue

there's only so much the EFL and FA can do though. Ultimately it's on the respective owners to be responsible stewards of their clubs. Maybe it will take a club going bust for things to really change.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 with 2500 viewsNazemariner

Surely they have a player or two that we can pinch on the cheap?
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 17:16 - Jul 17 with 2322 viewsElderGrizzly

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

WHat can the FA do? They are EFL clubs and that is who needs to be sorting this

20 weeks without wages at Bolton. I’m surprised the 7 players are still there
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 17:54 - Jul 17 with 2205 viewsBlueBadger

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

there's only so much the EFL and FA can do though. Ultimately it's on the respective owners to be responsible stewards of their clubs. Maybe it will take a club going bust for things to really change.

Not until it's Premier League club that's actually in the premier league when it happens they won't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 2122 viewsPJH

Bolton are in a hell of a state.
It seems that the takeover that is in the pipeline is partially dependent on the deal including The Whites Hotel but the hotel deal is being handled by a different Administrator and the people on the point of getting the Football Club are not top of the list of those after the Hotel.

Looks like we have a trip to Bolton in doubt again, just like last season.
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 18:28 - Jul 17 with 2082 viewsArnieM

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 16:41 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

.....and people moan about Evans so called lack of serious funding eh!

There by the Grace of God goes Ipswich Town FC.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 18:37 - Jul 17 with 2042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The takeover is going so slowly... must be doubts whether it will go through...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 18:47 - Jul 17 with 2015 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought the EFL had to be satisfied, by 1st July, that a club was in a financial position to see the season out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 19:02 - Jul 17 with 1960 viewsrosseden

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 18:28 - Jul 17 by ArnieM

.....and people moan about Evans so called lack of serious funding eh!

There by the Grace of God goes Ipswich Town FC.

at least we dont have to worry about that even if we dont like how 'little' ME invests

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 20:04 - Jul 17 with 1854 viewstroyse

Bolton will be ok for 2 weeks time our game be fine they will like bury promote under 23s and get freebies
Bolton refusing to play friendlies now on 21:02 - Jul 17 with 1715 viewsDurovigutum

They will ensure that more TV rights money is paid to football agents than football clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024