Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury 17:14 - Jul 17 with 2493 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What happens if they

a) can't fulfil fixtures
b) go to the wall during the season

I always thought the other teams got awarded 3-0 wins but didn't Brentford only get given a 1-0 win last season?

Also, if they do vanish during the season, does everyone then get a win against them or do they just remove the points other teams have earned against them? Seem to remember with North Ferriby or someone that teams who'd lost to them twice were happy as others who beat them twice lost 6 points.

From what I recall they get 'expunged' and none of the games ever counted. So I assume the goals all get removed as well? We could end up witnessing the only goal that say Donacien ever scores for Ipswich only to find he leaves with 0 goals to his name.

It looks a realistic possibility that a) or b) could happen with one if not both.

Also how would that work with relegation and promotion from League Two. I assume just two would go down, but four up from League Two and they'd have to then not relegate anyone from League Two but still have two come up or something like that?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 17:21]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:19 - Jul 17 with 2465 viewsPendejo

Meanwhile on another planet...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-utd-blow-as-alexis-sanchez-decides-to-sit-happ

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49017405

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49022843

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49013991

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48729302

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49000422

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:25 - Jul 17 with 2452 viewsITFC_Forever

It looks pretty doubtful they will make the start of the season.

In which case L1 will carry on with two less teams, and teams who are due to have played them on each match-day will simply have a day off.... although I'm not sure the clubs will be too happy about losing two game's worth of revenue - and it also has an impact on fans who have STs for L1 clubs, they will now be getting 21 games for their money instead of 23.

Then at the end of the season, I assume six teams will come up from L2 (the usual four, plus two extra), so top five in L2 will get automatic promotion and then one of the next four in the POs. The bottom four in L1 will still go down - there's no reward for failure.

And then at the end of this season, the top three will come up from the National League (Conference) and the next four in the POs.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:32 - Jul 17 with 2426 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:25 - Jul 17 by ITFC_Forever

It looks pretty doubtful they will make the start of the season.

In which case L1 will carry on with two less teams, and teams who are due to have played them on each match-day will simply have a day off.... although I'm not sure the clubs will be too happy about losing two game's worth of revenue - and it also has an impact on fans who have STs for L1 clubs, they will now be getting 21 games for their money instead of 23.

Then at the end of the season, I assume six teams will come up from L2 (the usual four, plus two extra), so top five in L2 will get automatic promotion and then one of the next four in the POs. The bottom four in L1 will still go down - there's no reward for failure.

And then at the end of this season, the top three will come up from the National League (Conference) and the next four in the POs.

League 2 having the Top 5 go up automatically and the next 4 in the playoffs is going to be interesting.

Finishing 9th is effectively mid table and you could still end up promoted.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:34 - Jul 17 with 2418 viewsPJH

Aldershot became bankrupt having played 36 games in 1991/92 and their results were removed from the records so presumably the same would happen now if a club went out of business midway through a season.
On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:37 - Jul 17 with 2406 viewsTangledupin_Blue

a) If they can't fulfil their fixtures they'll probably go to the wall.
b) If they go to the wall they probably won't fulfil their fixtures.

You are welcome.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:41 - Jul 17 with 2387 viewsITFC_Forever

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:32 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

League 2 having the Top 5 go up automatically and the next 4 in the playoffs is going to be interesting.

Yep..... if there's a league somewhere you get rewarded for finishing 15th, we could be in business.

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 21:03 - Jul 17 with 2216 viewsBlueBadger

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:32 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I bet if that happened in the Championship Derby would still fail to go up.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 21:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 21:10 - Jul 17 with 2177 viewswkj

Is "on a serious note" to you what "pattern of behaviour" is to GlasgowBlue

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 21:57 - Jul 17 with 2050 viewsSibelius8

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 17:34 - Jul 17 by PJH

Aldershot became bankrupt having played 36 games in 1991/92 and their results were removed from the records so presumably the same would happen now if a club went out of business midway through a season.

Indeed. Their results were "expunged" officially. What a wonderful word!
Ah! The delights of the English language!
On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 22:22 - Jul 17 with 1980 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am fairly sure that as they cease to exist it simply means 2 fewer teams are relegated. Presumably that then knocks on down the leagues. Are only two relegated from League 2 anyway?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 02:07 - Jul 18 with 1837 viewsflimflam

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 22:22 - Jul 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am fairly sure that as they cease to exist it simply means 2 fewer teams are relegated. Presumably that then knocks on down the leagues. Are only two relegated from League 2 anyway?

This.

1 team would be relegated from the Championship.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 06:43 - Jul 18 with 1740 viewsITFC_Forever

On a serious note regarding Bolton and Bury on 02:07 - Jul 18 by flimflam

This.

1 team would be relegated from the Championship.

No, because you’re rewarding failure. If you finish in the relegation spots, you deserve to go down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024