Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump sinks to a new low 07:56 - Jul 18 with 8317 viewsElderGrizzly

Summed up by this text:

“If 20 high school students chanted this at a classmate how many would be expelled? If 20 employees yelled this at a colleague how many would be fired? If 20 Army soldiers aimed this at a platoon mate how many would be discharged? How much of US will accept this as a new standard?”
Trump sinks to a new low on 17:27 - Jul 18 with 1289 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump sinks to a new low on 11:03 - Jul 18 by Darth_Koont

The reactionary right will do everything to denigrate and dismiss the progressive left.

Is it possible to be a decent person person if you are socially conservative?

(this is completely separate from the original post and point of the thread - Trump is clearly a c unit)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:15 - Jul 18 with 1227 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump sinks to a new low on 17:27 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

(this is completely separate from the original post and point of the thread - Trump is clearly a c unit)

Interesting that this question seems to have killed the thread!

Truly impaired.

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:18 - Jul 18 with 1223 viewsfooters

Define your social conservatism.

If it means interfering with other people's private lives, what is your justification for that?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:35 - Jul 18 with 1209 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:18 - Jul 18 by footers

Define your social conservatism.

If it means interfering with other people's private lives, what is your justification for that?

I never said anything about me. It's just a question based on what he said. I've made it clear I have no desire to force anything on anyone.

Truly impaired.

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:45 - Jul 18 with 1201 viewsHerbivore

So long as you don't impose your social conservatism on others and impinge on their rights and freedoms as a result.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:46 - Jul 18 with 1200 viewsfooters

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:35 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

I never said anything about me. It's just a question based on what he said. I've made it clear I have no desire to force anything on anyone.

I've seen you describe yourself as that before so thought that was the connection. Mistake noted.

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:47 - Jul 18 with 1195 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:46 - Jul 18 by footers

I've seen you describe yourself as that before so thought that was the connection. Mistake noted.

I certainly have and in the same thread i've said they are personal beliefs. The rest of world doesn't need to agree.

Truly impaired.

Trump sinks to a new low on 21:03 - Jul 18 with 1175 viewsfooters

Trump sinks to a new low on 20:47 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

I certainly have and in the same thread i've said they are personal beliefs. The rest of world doesn't need to agree.

Well, in that case, I'd say that, yes, it is perfectly possible to be both a social conservative and a decent person. The problems only really start when trying to impose those views on others.

Although why anyone would be socially conservative, I don't know.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:09 - Jul 18 with 1138 viewslloydy84

Views like yours are exactly why Trump will win 2020. The man is playing 4D chess and winning, he is a Genius no matter what you think of him. In a matter of days he's unified the Democrats around 4 left wing extremists, signed off on radical immigration policies, all the while the left are crying out about racism. It won't effect the Trump base, but the popularity of the extreme left in the media will cause a lot of headaches and heartache for the moderates in the Democratic Party.
Trump sinks to a new low on 23:11 - Jul 18 with 1131 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:09 - Jul 18 by lloydy84

Views like yours are exactly why Trump will win 2020. The man is playing 4D chess and winning, he is a Genius no matter what you think of him. In a matter of days he's unified the Democrats around 4 left wing extremists, signed off on radical immigration policies, all the while the left are crying out about racism. It won't effect the Trump base, but the popularity of the extreme left in the media will cause a lot of headaches and heartache for the moderates in the Democratic Party.

He's smarter than he's given credit for but he's far from a genius.

Truly impaired.

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:14 - Jul 18 with 1127 viewsfooters

"4 left wing extremists"

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:15 - Jul 18 with 1123 viewsHerbivore

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:11 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

He's smarter than he's given credit for but he's far from a genius.

He has a single digit IQ, he can barely string a sentence together.

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:17 - Jul 18 with 1117 viewsfooters

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:15 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

He has a single digit IQ, he can barely string a sentence together.

And has to pay serious money for regular female company.

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:19 - Jul 18 with 1105 viewslloydy84

Single digit IQ, sure.

For those that are not aware about the turmoil within the Democrat party, it is divided by moderates (the majority) and the extreme left (minority). This 'squad' of 4 are extremists who are often called out by the moderates, especially Nancy Pelosi. Last week AOC said this:

Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post Wednesday Pelosi has been explicitly "singling out of newly elected women of color" in her criticism of the outspoken progressives.

So, accusing her of racism. Trump jumped to Pelosi's defence (why?), and then attacked the squad of 4 (why?). This forces the Democrat party to unify around the 4 under attack, including Pelosi.

And people believe Trump did this 'because he's racist'. No, he did this because the Democrats are divided, and he is unifying them - around the people he chooses, he crazy extremists. These four people are now faces of the Democratic party, and they are not popular. It's not just the comments about 911/anti-semetism etc.. It is other things, like a refusal to condemn the terrorist attack against ICE last week..

4D Trump, always winning.
Trump sinks to a new low on 23:22 - Jul 18 with 1096 viewsjeera

Bloody minded does not equate to genius.

Look at the state of his support. That tells you all you need to know really.

It's true you can tell a man by the company he keeps.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:24 - Jul 18 with 1089 viewsHerbivore

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:19 - Jul 18 by lloydy84

Single digit IQ, sure.

For those that are not aware about the turmoil within the Democrat party, it is divided by moderates (the majority) and the extreme left (minority). This 'squad' of 4 are extremists who are often called out by the moderates, especially Nancy Pelosi. Last week AOC said this:

Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post Wednesday Pelosi has been explicitly "singling out of newly elected women of color" in her criticism of the outspoken progressives.

So, accusing her of racism. Trump jumped to Pelosi's defence (why?), and then attacked the squad of 4 (why?). This forces the Democrat party to unify around the 4 under attack, including Pelosi.

And people believe Trump did this 'because he's racist'. No, he did this because the Democrats are divided, and he is unifying them - around the people he chooses, he crazy extremists. These four people are now faces of the Democratic party, and they are not popular. It's not just the comments about 911/anti-semetism etc.. It is other things, like a refusal to condemn the terrorist attack against ICE last week..

Sure, sure.

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:30 - Jul 18 with 1075 viewslloydy84

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:14 - Jul 18 by footers

"4 left wing extremists"

Creating net-zero greenhouse gases in ten years
Replacing or upgrading EVERY building in the USA within ten years
Phasing out air travel
Cancellation of all student debt (1.6 billion dollars)
Repatriations to black people over slavery..
Abolishing immigration controls

Pretty extreme.
Trump sinks to a new low on 23:30 - Jul 18 with 1073 viewsjeera

Single digit IQ, sure.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/21/garry-kasparov-would-like-you

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:32 - Jul 18 with 1071 viewsjeera

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:30 - Jul 18 by lloydy84

Creating net-zero greenhouse gases in ten years
Replacing or upgrading EVERY building in the USA within ten years
Phasing out air travel
Cancellation of all student debt (1.6 billion dollars)
Repatriations to black people over slavery..
Abolishing immigration controls

Pretty extreme.

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Edit: "Repatriation"?

Are you sure?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 23:35]

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:39 - Jul 18 with 1057 viewslloydy84

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:32 - Jul 18 by jeera

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Are you sure?

Oh no, did I get a word wrong?

And where did that copy/paste come from? I typed up what I knew about AOC. Mainly from videos I have seen in regards to the Green New Deal. Pretty sure that if I did copy/paste from somewhere the list would be substantially longer.
Trump sinks to a new low on 23:43 - Jul 18 with 1051 viewslloydy84

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:32 - Jul 18 by jeera

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Copy and paste.

Are you sure?

As commenting on things I've read is somewhat vilified, here is an article that puts things more articulately that I.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/16/20695031/trump-ocasio-cortez-o
Trump sinks to a new low on 07:48 - Jul 19 with 985 viewsHerbivore

Trump sinks to a new low on 23:43 - Jul 18 by lloydy84

As commenting on things I've read is somewhat vilified, here is an article that puts things more articulately that I.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/16/20695031/trump-ocasio-cortez-o

That article doesn't really back up the arguments you've been trying to make. In fact it says Trump is basically a white nationalist and does not call him a genius at any point.

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:55 - Jul 19 with 965 viewsGlasgowBlue

Single digit IQ, sure.

Trump hasn’t jumped to anyone’s defence. He’s riding in a wave of racist nationalism.

Look this isn't binary btw. You can and should condemn Trump whipping up a crowd to chant racist rhetoric against Ilhan Omar whilst at the same time disagree with her defence of Maduro’s Venezuela be appalled at her dog whistles against Jews.

There are no sides in this.

Once again Maajid calls it right.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:00 - Jul 19 with 953 viewsDanTheMan

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:55 - Jul 19 by GlasgowBlue

Trump hasn’t jumped to anyone’s defence. He’s riding in a wave of racist nationalism.

Look this isn't binary btw. You can and should condemn Trump whipping up a crowd to chant racist rhetoric against Ilhan Omar whilst at the same time disagree with her defence of Maduro’s Venezuela be appalled at her dog whistles against Jews.

There are no sides in this.

Once again Maajid calls it right.

Football game describes it perfectly. Everything now is just becoming about winning or owning the other side. It no longer matters if what you're doing is right or what you're actually saying is even vaguely correct.

As long as you win.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:36 - Jul 19 with 942 viewseireblue

Single digit IQ, sure.

You forget something.

It isn’t rich white males, like Trump, that get to decide what is and isn’t racist, for non-rich white males.

If he was a genius, he could win, without racist comments.

People do know what he is doing. It isn’t subtle.

Your “4D chess” is just a variation on means justify the ends, and aggrandising the stirring up of racist sentiment as something that is big and clever.

It isn’t genius, and it isn’t difficult.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024