Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump sinks to a new low 07:56 - Jul 18 with 8306 viewsElderGrizzly

Summed up by this text:

“If 20 high school students chanted this at a classmate how many would be expelled? If 20 employees yelled this at a colleague how many would be fired? If 20 Army soldiers aimed this at a platoon mate how many would be discharged? How much of US will accept this as a new standard?”
Trump sinks to a new low on 08:00 - Jul 18 with 3819 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not to mention her rampant antisemitism! Fancy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:13 - Jul 18 with 3786 viewsunstableblue

.... which he confirmed at that rally. Totally agree enabling that chanting is completely unacceptable.

He has a win at all costs strategy for re-election. And it is all about building people’s hate and fear and targeting it on ethnic migrants.

He clearly has decided that AOC is too ‘white’ and too likeable.

Omar is perfect for his agenda and he’s picking up on a ‘fake news’ article about her comments on 911. Her comments were not as he makes out. But that doesn’t matter to him, he just uses it anyway. He’s realised the rest of the ‘squad’ have not said anything remotely ‘hateful’ about America.

Omar is perfect as the hate figure for his base, she did make anti-Zionist comments - related to atrocities in Gaza. And much like our own Labour Party, this can be criticised.

By associating Omar to communism and hatred of the American flag (see Farage speech in Brussels!) he will win over swing voters... and the division and pent up hate this creates is just a by product he just doesn’t care about.

He’ll get re-elected and other cod-politicians globally will think ‘I can do that’ - race to the bottom.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:14 - Jul 18 with 3782 viewsnorth_stand77

He's a shockingly vile and dangerous human being, another hate preacher.
But that's just my opinion.

Unfortunately he's whipping up other Americans who are just as racist , encouraging them into thinking this is normal and acceptable behaviour.
How far backwards is he going to take them?
Trump sinks to a new low on 08:22 - Jul 18 with 3751 viewsStokieBlue

Vile playing to the crowd. He knows what he's doing unfortunately.

I wonder how the crowd would feel if one argued the extreme logical extension to the argument that all non-indigenous people get "sent back".

Fools.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:25 - Jul 18 with 3724 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:00 - Jul 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not to mention her rampant antisemitism! Fancy!

Yeah, she’s the issue here....🙄
Trump sinks to a new low on 08:26 - Jul 18 with 3722 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:14 - Jul 18 by north_stand77

Unfortunately he's whipping up other Americans who are just as racist , encouraging them into thinking this is normal and acceptable behaviour.

He’s taking them back decades. Whipping up hate, validating the opinion that only Americans of white European heritage are valid citizens, enabling the far right.

Bizarrely I don’t think those are his core values - his values are greed and self interest - and if that means fecking up US society, then that’s just tough.

It’s just mental. And as you say it feels like we’ve gone back in time. Democrats need to get their sh!t together with centrist candidate.

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:28 - Jul 18 with 3714 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:14 - Jul 18 by north_stand77

I’m in the USA a couple of times a month and while I spend a lot of time in DC, i get to travel to the places where Trump’s base is strong.

It is scary how they see this is acceptable and normal. “He’s a republican, so why wouldn’t I vote for him” type of comments. And they openly say, we did the same with Brexit. That’s how they see us. Blocking foreigners with darker skin, stopping immigration etc.

The world is a mess and our two countries are leading the way
He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:31 - Jul 18 with 3691 viewsElderGrizzly

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:13 - Jul 18 by unstableblue

.... which he confirmed at that rally. Totally agree enabling that chanting is completely unacceptable.

He has a win at all costs strategy for re-election. And it is all about building people’s hate and fear and targeting it on ethnic migrants.

He clearly has decided that AOC is too ‘white’ and too likeable.

Omar is perfect for his agenda and he’s picking up on a ‘fake news’ article about her comments on 911. Her comments were not as he makes out. But that doesn’t matter to him, he just uses it anyway. He’s realised the rest of the ‘squad’ have not said anything remotely ‘hateful’ about America.

Omar is perfect as the hate figure for his base, she did make anti-Zionist comments - related to atrocities in Gaza. And much like our own Labour Party, this can be criticised.

By associating Omar to communism and hatred of the American flag (see Farage speech in Brussels!) he will win over swing voters... and the division and pent up hate this creates is just a by product he just doesn’t care about.

He’ll get re-elected and other cod-politicians globally will think ‘I can do that’ - race to the bottom.

Agree, her anti-semitic comments need to be addressed, but that isn’t the issue here.

This is the President of the USA delegitimising anyone of colour who might have an immigrant background somewhere in their family history. This is about making the white, middle America scared of the boogeyman.

The GOP want power, so they will continue to back him if that is what it takes to keep it.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:37 - Jul 18 with 3668 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:28 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

I’m in the USA a couple of times a month and while I spend a lot of time in DC, i get to travel to the places where Trump’s base is strong.

It is scary how they see this is acceptable and normal. “He’s a republican, so why wouldn’t I vote for him” type of comments. And they openly say, we did the same with Brexit. That’s how they see us. Blocking foreigners with darker skin, stopping immigration etc.

Farages speech was a big moment in Trumps original election. I was in the States, it got huge coverage.

The UK public has enabled Farage. We are definitely complicit and as you say are leading the way.

There was a great interview with a senior EU politician - it was quite simple the UKs competition are continents, mega-populations - USA, China and India. Europe is about integrating smaller counties for two things driving peace with weight on the world stage AND being in an economic block that rivals these mega countries. USA does not have our interest at heart, period, unlike our European cousins whilst in the EU.

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:39 - Jul 18 with 3651 viewsitfcjoe

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:22 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

I wonder how the crowd would feel if one argued the extreme logical extension to the argument that all non-indigenous people get "sent back".

Fools.

SB

Why don't his kids get sent back? They have an Eastern European Mother - same as AOC, born in USA but with an immigrant parent....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:41 - Jul 18 with 3629 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:39 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Why don't his kids get sent back? They have an Eastern European Mother - same as AOC, born in USA but with an immigrant parent....

Immigrants can’t possibly have white skin Joe...
Trump sinks to a new low on 08:45 - Jul 18 with 3611 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:28 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

"The world is a mess and our two countries are leading the way."

....nothing new there then!

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:50 - Jul 18 with 3591 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:31 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, her anti-semitic comments need to be addressed, but that isn’t the issue here.

This is the President of the USA delegitimising anyone of colour who might have an immigrant background somewhere in their family history. This is about making the white, middle America scared of the boogeyman.

The GOP want power, so they will continue to back him if that is what it takes to keep it.

He literally brings up her anti semitism in the link you posted....who would have thought such things would be whipped up for cheap political purposes?

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:51 - Jul 18 with 3592 viewsGuthrum

To the crowd, the actual words are meaningless. They could be chanting "Mick-ey Mouse" as much as "Lock her up", or "Send her back". It's group affirmation by repeating a hypnotically-patterned slogan.

In the same way as Germans shouting "Hail victory" in the 1930s did not really think through the practicalities and possible outcomes of what they were thus advocating - nor the death and ruin it would eventually bring to their country.

Saw a great demonstration of that hypnotic crowd melding by, of all people, Michael Bentine. He was speaking about his wartime experiences and, at one point, started rhythmically shouting the Nazi slogan "Ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer". A quite tangible dark, tense and claustrophobic atmosphere descended over the theatre, only broken when he continued his description (and warning) of how they had gained control over an otherwise rational population.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:54 - Jul 18 with 3567 viewsBluefish

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:41 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

Immigrants can’t possibly have white skin Joe...

A bit like all of over here that some people can't wait to leave the eu so that we can send all of the brown people home
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 9:11]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:54 - Jul 18 with 3563 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely vile. I hate to think what this will lead to if unchecked.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:58 - Jul 18 with 3555 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:54 - Jul 18 by GlasgowBlue

Absolutely vile. I hate to think what this will lead to if unchecked.

It leads to US citizens of colour feeling like this.

Trump’s words are an incitement to maim and kill
He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 09:01 - Jul 18 with 3543 viewsElderGrizzly

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 08:50 - Jul 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

He literally brings up her anti semitism in the link you posted....who would have thought such things would be whipped up for cheap political purposes?

Anti-semitism, whoever appears to ‘support’ it, whether Ilhan Omar or Chris Williamson is unacceptable.

I think we’ve covered that plenty elsewhere.
He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 09:06 - Jul 18 with 3510 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He has a scary, sick and dangerous new strategy.... on 09:01 - Jul 18 by ElderGrizzly

Anti-semitism, whoever appears to ‘support’ it, whether Ilhan Omar or Chris Williamson is unacceptable.

I think we’ve covered that plenty elsewhere.

The use of 'appears to' is interesting.

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:20 - Jul 18 with 3467 viewsHerbivore

We can no longer say that Trump flirts with white nationalism, he now fully embraces it. Worrying times when you have a white nationalist leading the most powerful country in the world and you have a UK about to weaken itself on the global stage and appointing a PM who is happy to cosy up to a white nationalist.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:20 - Jul 18 with 3468 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:22 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Fools.

SB

I'd be interested to see what statute of limitations these racists want for 'sending them back'.

10 years? 40 years? 75 years?

There are 25 year olds that are descended from immigrants who moved to America 75 years ago, chanting for 50 year olds that are descended from immigrants who moved to America 100 years ago to 'go home'.

Is there some form of immigrant top trumps I don't know of? Pardon the 'trumps' pun.

It's insane. The President of the United States, using racists and bigots to spread hate and divide the nation in the hope that at least 51% of the country are racist enough. Which seems to look like it might be the case.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:21 - Jul 18 with 3468 viewsunstableblue

Trump sinks to a new low on 08:51 - Jul 18 by Guthrum

To the crowd, the actual words are meaningless. They could be chanting "Mick-ey Mouse" as much as "Lock her up", or "Send her back". It's group affirmation by repeating a hypnotically-patterned slogan.

In the same way as Germans shouting "Hail victory" in the 1930s did not really think through the practicalities and possible outcomes of what they were thus advocating - nor the death and ruin it would eventually bring to their country.

Saw a great demonstration of that hypnotic crowd melding by, of all people, Michael Bentine. He was speaking about his wartime experiences and, at one point, started rhythmically shouting the Nazi slogan "Ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer". A quite tangible dark, tense and claustrophobic atmosphere descended over the theatre, only broken when he continued his description (and warning) of how they had gained control over an otherwise rational population.

I’m not so sure Guthrum, if you take the Hilary thing, he had whipped them up for months into making Hillary seem truly criminal and loathsome! When they screeched ‘lock her up’ it was all about their hate for Hillary and perceived ‘justice’.

It’s all just so horrible.

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:26 - Jul 18 with 3445 viewsitfcjoe

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:20 - Jul 18 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'd be interested to see what statute of limitations these racists want for 'sending them back'.

There are 25 year olds that are descended from immigrants who moved to America 75 years ago, chanting for 50 year olds that are descended from immigrants who moved to America 100 years ago to 'go home'.

Is there some form of immigrant top trumps I don't know of? Pardon the 'trumps' pun.

It's insane. The President of the United States, using racists and bigots to spread hate and divide the nation in the hope that at least 51% of the country are racist enough. Which seems to look like it might be the case.

"Is there some form of immigrant top trumps I don't know of? "

Being white trumps anything (Again excuse the pun)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:28 - Jul 18 with 3431 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:20 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

We can no longer say that Trump flirts with white nationalism, he now fully embraces it. Worrying times when you have a white nationalist leading the most powerful country in the world and you have a UK about to weaken itself on the global stage and appointing a PM who is happy to cosy up to a white nationalist.

....and to think we give the State all of those powers to spy on us.....I mean protect us!

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:46 - Jul 18 with 3386 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump sinks to a new low on 09:20 - Jul 18 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He doesn't even have to get 51% of adult Americans to vote for him. It was explained to me, about 6 years ago, that 24% of those eligible to register to vote fail to do so. Some try but are refused the vote, rules vary from State to State. You are also able to write in the name of anyone you like rather than vote for the çandidates on the ballot paper. Hence Trump's personal attacks on Hilary Clinton. The wasted democrat vote, which went to other democrats apart from Clinton was part of Trump's strategy.

If he can keep his powerbase behind him he will win again.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024