Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! 13:53 - Jul 18 with 2777 viewsRyorry

Honestly, when I renovated this house I spent hours in bathroom show rooms peering right down into toilet bowls to try & find the one with the biggest exit + waste pipe.

Thought I had - but still, almost every time, end up with a horrible logjam. Manufacturers don't think of people eating modern roughage diets! Spent first 3 hours of the day trying to clear it (think I have now - cup of washing-up liquid into bowl to sit there overnight, plus bucket of cold water poured from chest height into bowl this a.m). Plunging & poking with small stick from garden had only impacted it further.

#YukkyMoanOfTheDay

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 16:26 - Jul 18 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is a crap thread

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 16:31 - Jul 18 with 678 viewsRyorry

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 14:21 - Jul 18 by Half_Idiot

work dumps are quite possibly the best part of adulthood.

Nothing better than getting paid to poo

Mmm, thanks, I'm now considering coming out of retirement to return to work

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 17:11 - Jul 18 with 660 viewsRyorry

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 15:20 - Jul 18 by Guthrum

The problem is quite likely to be down to modern water-saving small-flush cisterns. Not the first time I've come across it. They simply don't put enough volume of water in to flush things away.

Whilst I respect your wisdom in all things Guthers, I don't think that's the problem here. I do get a massive volume of water at a seemingly fast pace, but when the log is far fatter than the exit ..!

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 17:44 - Jul 18 with 653 viewsGuthrum

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 17:11 - Jul 18 by Ryorry

Whilst I respect your wisdom in all things Guthers, I don't think that's the problem here. I do get a massive volume of water at a seemingly fast pace, but when the log is far fatter than the exit ..!

The soil pipe for a toilet is normally about 4-inch diameter. If someone's extruding something fatter than that, they really need their innards looking at!

The issue may actually be too-sharp bends in the pipe (so it won't go round lengthways), or not enough fall.

One lady I used to do some work for put two entire boxes of tissues down the loo and managed to clog the entire drain network (they don't break down as easily as proper toilet paper). That was a fun afternoon with a spade down the manhole trying to clear it out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 18:00 - Jul 18 with 642 viewsfarkenhell

If/when it happens again, try pouring washing up liquid into the "water", then pour in a bucket of hot (not cold) water, then leave for 30 minutes or so before flushing. Apparently the hot water melts the log. You might need to repeat once or twice, but this has always worked for me. I have had to do this a few times after my boy has managed to block ours.

If all else fails, blame it on the boy!
Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 18:11 - Jul 18 with 632 viewsjeera

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 15:37 - Jul 18 by Superblue95

Just had my second of the day. Both took approximately 10 minutes.

Can’t be bothered to do the math but I’ve definitely made a few quid today from sitting on the can

sssssssssssssss.

Mathsssssssssssssssssss.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 18:34 - Jul 18 with 620 viewsRyorry

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 17:44 - Jul 18 by Guthrum

The soil pipe for a toilet is normally about 4-inch diameter. If someone's extruding something fatter than that, they really need their innards looking at!

The issue may actually be too-sharp bends in the pipe (so it won't go round lengthways), or not enough fall.

One lady I used to do some work for put two entire boxes of tissues down the loo and managed to clog the entire drain network (they don't break down as easily as proper toilet paper). That was a fun afternoon with a spade down the manhole trying to clear it out.

It's not the size of pipe that's the problem, it's the small neck from bowl to pipe (and/or maybe sharp bends as you say). Fall is good.

I don't use tissues or excessive bog roll!

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 18:38 - Jul 18 with 619 viewsRyorry

Why on earth don't manufacturers make loo waste pipes bigger?!! on 18:00 - Jul 18 by farkenhell

If/when it happens again, try pouring washing up liquid into the "water", then pour in a bucket of hot (not cold) water, then leave for 30 minutes or so before flushing. Apparently the hot water melts the log. You might need to repeat once or twice, but this has always worked for me. I have had to do this a few times after my boy has managed to block ours.

If all else fails, blame it on the boy!

Already had done that as I always do, multiple doses.

Think it was the amount (whole cupful) left overnight + pressure of water from bucket at chest height that eventually unplugged it, as per my OP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024