Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little Bewildered 14:38 - Jul 18 with 2053 viewsMetal_Hacker

So many negative comments and we've not started the season as yet. Be it related to lack of signings , recent friendly results etc

Am I correct in saying Blackburn went down , maintained most of their relegated squad who weren't good enough for the Championship and bounced back with 96 point and 82 goals for ?

Why is it that there seems a host of negativity about ourselves bearing in mind the above mentioned fact ?

I look forward to being corrected as ever
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 14:41]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Little Bewildered on 14:43 - Jul 18 with 2011 viewsTractorCam

Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham all went down in 2017 and came back up in 2018. I seem to remember Wigan got rid of a lot of their team and signed mostly League 1/2 players.

We have every right to finish at the top.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pretty sure that Blackburn..... on 15:09 - Jul 18 with 1977 viewsBloots

....released/sold a load of players when they got relegated.

They also signed a load that summer including Bradley Dack.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

And..... on 15:16 - Jul 18 with 1953 viewsBloots

Pretty sure that Blackburn..... on 15:09 - Jul 18 by Bloots

.....they were relegated from The Championship on goal difference with 51 points, they won 12 matches that season.

We were relegated by 13 points, on 31 points and won 5 matches.

Just saying.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Pretty sure that Blackburn..... on 15:20 - Jul 18 with 1930 viewsMetal_Hacker

Pretty sure that Blackburn..... on 15:09 - Jul 18 by Bloots

Which I'm appreciative of but in the same vein we've had a proper pre-season with no major upheavel and those players ( Jackson , Nolan , Woolfy etc) who either struggled to find form or weren't even offered the opportunity are now up and running all things being equal so........

And..... on 15:21 - Jul 18 with 1922 viewsMetal_Hacker

And..... on 15:16 - Jul 18 by Bloots

.....they were relegated from The Championship on goal difference with 51 points, they won 12 matches that season.

Just saying.

yeah fair comment but relegated all the same

And and and..... on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 1911 viewsTractorCam

And..... on 15:16 - Jul 18 by Bloots

Just saying.

Rotherham went down with 23 points and 5 wins and got promoted via the play offs.

And and and..... on 15:24 - Jul 18 with 1895 viewsMetal_Hacker

And and and..... on 15:23 - Jul 18 by TractorCam

Rotherham went down with 23 points and 5 wins and got promoted via the play offs.

OK but there should be more optimism perhaps ?

And and and..... on 15:25 - Jul 18 with 1885 viewsTractorCam

And and and..... on 15:24 - Jul 18 by Metal_Hacker

Yes, definitely.

Login to get fewer ads

Little Bewildered on 15:28 - Jul 18 with 1875 viewsIllinoisblue

we've won 25 of our last 100 league games. Maybe that's why fans are a little tetchy.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Little Bewildered on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 1859 viewsSWGF

Little Bewildered on 15:28 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

we've won 25 of our last 100 league games. Maybe that's why fans are a little tetchy.

That's 75 points, so only another 25 to find from somewhere

#100goals100points

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Little Bewildered on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 1849 viewsMetal_Hacker

I also understand that but those games were won/lost from a position of negativity , with our backs against the wall. Issues with MM and the relationship and then the implementation of PH etc......if we don't change this demonic mindset it'll just increase and the issues that aren't really there will actually be there ...if that makes sense !!??

And and and..... on 15:32 - Jul 18 with 1838 viewsartsbossbeard

And and and..... on 15:24 - Jul 18 by Metal_Hacker

Out of interest - where does your optimism come from?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

And and and..... on 15:37 - Jul 18 with 1810 viewsMetal_Hacker

And and and..... on 15:32 - Jul 18 by artsbossbeard

Out of interest - where does your optimism come from?

Maybe it's blind optimism.Perhaps a want but the squad hasn't changed massively from last season albeit that squad got us relegated granted but those very same players have a lot to salvage in terms of their own careers not forgetting saving face and nullifying the embarrassment of relegation on their own CV's

The very same squad with arguably new signings like Huws ( who may as well be) and Norwood.

Surely those two give us reason for optimism with the inclusion of what else has been suggested ?

Little Bewildered on 15:40 - Jul 18 with 1791 viewsITFC_Forever

As many as that?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

And and and..... on 15:40 - Jul 18 with 1792 viewsartsbossbeard

And and and..... on 15:37 - Jul 18 by Metal_Hacker

Maybe it's blind optimism.Perhaps a want but the squad hasn't changed massively from last season albeit that squad got us relegated granted but those very same players have a lot to salvage in terms of their own careers not forgetting saving face and nullifying the embarrassment of relegation on their own CV's

The very same squad with arguably new signings like Huws ( who may as well be) and Norwood.

Surely those two give us reason for optimism with the inclusion of what else has been suggested ?

We severely lacked a target man last season and paid for it. An injury free Norwood would most certainly provide some much needed ammunition and presence.

I'm cautiously optimistic but I'm not going to suggest a top spot finish or indeed a play off finish just yet...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

And and and..... on 15:47 - Jul 18 with 1769 viewsMetal_Hacker

And and and..... on 15:40 - Jul 18 by artsbossbeard

We severely lacked a target man last season and paid for it. An injury free Norwood would most certainly provide some much needed ammunition and presence.

I'm cautiously optimistic but I'm not going to suggest a top spot finish or indeed a play off finish just yet...

Without being hypercritical and doing my own optimism a down vote , an injury to either (for me personally anyway ) Norwood , Judge and / or Huws would most definitely hurt .We've got Freddie back November is it ? That too will be like a new signing as such . Freddie in this League should be quality too

Little Bewildered on 17:24 - Jul 18 with 1679 viewsbraveblue

I think we have been accustomed to failure. Also, most of the players were shocking last season and the final quarter was nothing to shout about. Very little to encourage positive thinking.
Little Bewildered on 12:04 - Mar 30 with 1020 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I'd say we were absolutely right to be negative about the pre-season and retaining Lambert despite being told here we were wrong. Blackburn may have bounced up with 96 points and 82 goals. We finished 11th. So maybe hold fire on having digs at people merely pointing out Paul Cook thus far hasn't done very well. You were very wrong on this one and those supporters looking at the facts and situation were right. Lambert should have never been retained.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Little Bewildered on 12:53 - Mar 30 with 968 viewschrismakin

Little Bewildered on 12:04 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

I'd say we were absolutely right to be negative about the pre-season and retaining Lambert despite being told here we were wrong. Blackburn may have bounced up with 96 points and 82 goals. We finished 11th. So maybe hold fire on having digs at people merely pointing out Paul Cook thus far hasn't done very well. You were very wrong on this one and those supporters looking at the facts and situation were right. Lambert should have never been retained.

I'm really confused

You said you're given PC a year but keep moaning about him after 6 games.

And you're going back 2 years to post haha told you.

Are you on the wrong forum?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We really do have some right oddballs..... on 19:55 - Mar 30 with 771 viewsTractorCam

I totally stand by comments, and with what i've seen of this league the last 19 months i'm even more confused as to why we aren't around the top.

They've been totally mismanaged and now all need releasing and replacing, serial losers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024