Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go 17:29 - Jul 18 with 2820 viewschicoazul

And we have no right back cover (and the current incumbent doesnt seem rated), no CB cover (and no first team CBs at all for the first game), no wide player cover, and only 2 centre forwards.
Can't wait to get started lads!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 2125 viewsblueislander

Every team in this league have adequate cover in every position Inassume?
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 2120 viewsJ2BLUE

Emmanuel/Donacien

Woolf is a first team CB

Garbutt excelled on the left for Oxford and they wanted him back

You got one right, well played.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 2115 viewschicoazul

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 by blueislander

Every team in this league have adequate cover in every position Inassume?

Shouldn't we have aspirations to at the very least cover the basics? Our should we just try to be at least as good as MK Dons.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 with 2114 viewsTrequartista

Is anyone really surprised?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:32 - Jul 18 with 2094 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Emmanuel/Donacien

Woolf is a first team CB

We need 3 RB's apparently!...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:33 - Jul 18 with 2102 viewschicoazul

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Emmanuel/Donacien

Woolf is a first team CB

Neither Josh nor Dona seem very rated by Lambert which I did say.
Woolf, you may be right here and it's a fair comments, but would he be in the team if Toto and Chambers were free?
Garbutt couldn't get a game in his normal position at Oxford. I guess in that case he could be wide cover up front.

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:35 - Jul 18 with 2091 viewsblueislander

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:31 - Jul 18 by chicoazul

Shouldn't we have aspirations to at the very least cover the basics? Our should we just try to be at least as good as MK Dons.

As you said there are still 2 weeks before the start of the season, and a further few weeks before the transfer window. Closes, so maybe your aspirations will be at least partly achieved.
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:36 - Jul 18 with 2081 viewsJ2BLUE

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:33 - Jul 18 by chicoazul

Neither Josh nor Dona seem very rated by Lambert which I did say.
Woolf, you may be right here and it's a fair comments, but would he be in the team if Toto and Chambers were free?
Garbutt couldn't get a game in his normal position at Oxford. I guess in that case he could be wide cover up front.

Evidence for that? Emmanuel has done fine in L1. Donacien should be ok. Lambert has said they will both have a chance hasn't he?

No idea but teams have a first team squad of which he is part. I'm hoping Woolf claims a shirt by the end of the season.

We're talking about wide cover. His performance at LB is irrelevant.

I don't think everything is great, I just think your criticisms are wrong. If you were simply saying we need a CB and a ST minimum then I 100% agree but we have enough problems without imagining more.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:42 - Jul 18 with 2061 viewschicoazul

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:36 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Evidence for that? Emmanuel has done fine in L1. Donacien should be ok. Lambert has said they will both have a chance hasn't he?

No idea but teams have a first team squad of which he is part. I'm hoping Woolf claims a shirt by the end of the season.

We're talking about wide cover. His performance at LB is irrelevant.

I don't think everything is great, I just think your criticisms are wrong. If you were simply saying we need a CB and a ST minimum then I 100% agree but we have enough problems without imagining more.

I guess that guy who couldnt get in Walsall or Lincoln's team for the last 3 years could come in at CB.
I saw Dona play for Acc Stan last season the telly. Yeah nah.
Garbutt is an LB isnt he? And couldnt get in at Oxford at LB? I thin I read that on here but I may be imagining things.

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 2023 viewsJ2BLUE

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:42 - Jul 18 by chicoazul

I guess that guy who couldnt get in Walsall or Lincoln's team for the last 3 years could come in at CB.
Garbutt is an LB isnt he? And couldnt get in at Oxford at LB? I thin I read that on here but I may be imagining things.

He was then moved to LW and did very well. They wanted him back.

Truly impaired.

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:54 - Jul 18 with 1990 viewsblueislander

Can anyone be bothered to analyse Sunderland and Portsmouth’s squad to make some comparison?
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:04 - Jul 18 with 1943 viewschicoazul

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 17:49 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

He was then moved to LW and did very well. They wanted him back.

Ah right, thanks.

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:05 - Jul 18 with 1947 viewsSomethingBlue

Not a good sign at all that we're already struggling with injuries. We just can't get any momentum at all, ever. It is beyond frustrating — in fact it's almost beyond comprehension.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:16 - Jul 18 with 1888 viewsDanTheMan

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:05 - Jul 18 by SomethingBlue

Not a good sign at all that we're already struggling with injuries. We just can't get any momentum at all, ever. It is beyond frustrating — in fact it's almost beyond comprehension.

And somehow not surprising.

God knows what the centre back pairing will be for Burton.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:17 - Jul 18 with 1874 viewsHerbivore

Quite. A couple of weeks into preseason and we've got three potentially key players out for the opening part of the season already. Looking forward to Huws hobbling off after 20 minutes against Colchester to never be seen in a Town shirt again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:18 - Jul 18 with 1875 viewschristiand

Wow, a really negative post Chicoazul. Perhaps stay away from any knives with serrated edges until this mood passes?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 1879 viewsSteve_M

This season will be all about adapting to our new level; that so many fans are unconcerned at the gaping gaps in the squad is evidence of that.

And then everyone will turn on Lambert and the cycle of blaming the manager will continue.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:23 - Jul 18 with 1842 viewseireblue

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:16 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

And somehow not surprising.

God knows what the centre back pairing will be for Burton.

Pairing hey?

Well I guess we should stay optimistic.
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:26 - Jul 18 with 1827 viewsIllinoisblue

this surely has to go beyond bad luck. Some combination of poor preparation and poor treatment must be at play here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:31 - Jul 18 with 1777 viewschristiand

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:26 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

this surely has to go beyond bad luck. Some combination of poor preparation and poor treatment must be at play here.

Feel the time has come for Barry Fry to come and urinated in every corner of PR's pitch to break the curse!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:36 - Jul 18 with 1742 viewsHerbivore

It's happened now under three different managers though and I'm sure they all prepare differently. I think Bish is just made of wafer. Toto it's bad luck. Lankester is young and growing.

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:37 - Jul 18 with 1739 viewsTrequartista

Tearing a hamstring in a 45 minute kickabout? Sounds like something that should have been avoided.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:44 - Jul 18 with 1703 viewsHerbivore

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:37 - Jul 18 by Trequartista

Tearing a hamstring in a 45 minute kickabout? Sounds like something that should have been avoided.

How?

So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 18:57 - Jul 18 with 1673 viewseireblue

There are statistics on football injuries.

You could compare those studies to our team over the last couple of years, to verify how far from the norm we are.

Depending on which study and league you look at, a not unreasonable metric is that on average a player will be injured at least twice a season.

So another way of looking at it would be, maybe some of the other, ...errrmmmmm.... more agricultural players, could get 3 or more injuries this season so we can get Bish back and keep Huws for the season.
So here we are with a bit over 2 weeks to go on 19:01 - Jul 18 with 1655 viewschicoazul

Judge Nolan Edwards Lankester Toto Bishop all injured. And you watch Judge leave once he is fit again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024