Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do we start to panic? 19:04 - Jul 18 with 20431 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Because the season starts in 16 days and we currently have 0 first team CBs for the Burton game and 1 striker.

EVANS OUT

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:07 - Jul 18 with 8416 viewsyorkshire

We have Woolfie and Ndaba as well as Donacian and Skuse who can play there

We have Norwood, Roberts and Jackson who all play up front

We are in the 3rd division - we can not afford to have 2-3 senior players for each position
At what point do we start to panic? on 19:21 - Jul 18 with 8352 viewsTendring_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:07 - Jul 18 by yorkshire

We have Woolfie and Ndaba as well as Donacian and Skuse who can play there

We have Norwood, Roberts and Jackson who all play up front

We are in the 3rd division - we can not afford to have 2-3 senior players for each position

Honestly reading this site today is hilarious. Has everyone forgotten we were relegated?

We are I league 1 now this is the new normal. And I hope if we do one day go up appreciate that the championship is a very elite level to be competing at.

I suggest we all look at our competitors squads. Bit of perspective!
At what point do we start to panic? on 19:32 - Jul 18 with 8303 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:21 - Jul 18 by Tendring_Blue

Honestly reading this site today is hilarious. Has everyone forgotten we were relegated?

We are I league 1 now this is the new normal. And I hope if we do one day go up appreciate that the championship is a very elite level to be competing at.

I know right! How dare I wish for a senior CB in the squad for the first match of the season. The worlds gone mad!
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 19:33]

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:36 - Jul 18 with 8267 viewsGuthrum

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:32 - Jul 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I know right! How dare I wish for a senior CB in the squad for the first match of the season. The worlds gone mad!

We've never lost a Championship game in which Woolfenden played for ITFC (two draws and a win).
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 19:37]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 8244 viewsITFC_Forever

You started yonks ago.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:45 - Jul 18 with 8201 viewsHerbivore

Panic? Good lord.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:48 - Jul 18 with 8188 viewsGuthrum

About the middle of October if we're lower mid table having scored few goals and not won many games. Top ten - see how it goes through to Christmas. Top six is ok. Top two ideal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:53 - Jul 18 with 8158 viewschicoazul

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:21 - Jul 18 by Tendring_Blue

It's so weird how so many people on here, Ipswich fans of a club who have not been at this level in basically forever, have a broad good understanding of average squad depth at this level.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:54 - Jul 18 with 8147 viewsMrTown

Right now. No, to be honest, we have been saying it for a long time, and it is evidential to see we’ve long needed defensive improvements and support. A combination of bad management and poor ownership.

For Burton we have:
Emmanuel: not a great second half of the season, and a back up at Shrewsbury.
Donacien: shipped out by Lambert at first opportunity, had to back track this season.
Woolfenden: kid who’s never played consistently above L2
Ndaba: never played competitive senior football
Kenlock: very hit and miss
Garbutt: should be good at L1

Even our strongest back four won’t be good enough for a promotion push I’m convinced

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:03 - Jul 18 with 8109 viewsITFC_Forever

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:54 - Jul 18 by MrTown

Right now. No, to be honest, we have been saying it for a long time, and it is evidential to see we’ve long needed defensive improvements and support. A combination of bad management and poor ownership.

For Burton we have:
Emmanuel: not a great second half of the season, and a back up at Shrewsbury.
Donacien: shipped out by Lambert at first opportunity, had to back track this season.
Woolfenden: kid who’s never played consistently above L2
Ndaba: never played competitive senior football
Kenlock: very hit and miss
Garbutt: should be good at L1

Even our strongest back four won’t be good enough for a promotion push I’m convinced

Yep. Because there’s no opportunity to sign another defender or two in the next fortnight.

Thompson especially sounds ideal for us and is on a free.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:06 - Jul 18 with 8082 viewsJ2BLUE

The end of the window IMO.

Get Keane and a CB in and suddenly it looks a lot better. I don't understand the people saying we were relegated, what do you expect? Well I expect the basics of a proper squad. I don't think another experienced CB and a striker is asking too much.

What is very clear is that we have a real chance of staying down and becoming an established league one side. Plan A is promotion on a budget. Plan B will be more cuts, more sales and accepting league one as our new normal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:12 - Jul 18 with 8057 viewsMattinLondon

Ridiculous post
At what point do we start to panic? on 20:20 - Jul 18 with 8012 viewsMrTown

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:03 - Jul 18 by ITFC_Forever

Yep. Because there’s no opportunity to sign another defender or two in the next fortnight.

Thompson especially sounds ideal for us and is on a free.

No real pre season games, no real pre season training, no building relationships with players, thrown straight into a match day squad, screams of a bit desperate/disastrous to myself.

Who has Thompson been training with since his termination at Bury? No one I’d imagine.

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:21 - Jul 18 with 7993 viewsartsbossbeard

Unbunch your panties, christ.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:23 - Jul 18 with 7988 viewsTendring_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 19:32 - Jul 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Transfer window is still open!
At what point do we start to panic? on 20:28 - Jul 18 with 7954 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:23 - Jul 18 by Tendring_Blue

Transfer window is still open!

But how many times have we been here before?

Everyone just assumes we’ll get someone in and then we don’t. Did we replace Smith? No. Berra? No. Webster? Arguably yes with Nsiala.

It’s so Ipswich.

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:33 - Jul 18 with 7915 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 20:28 - Jul 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Everyone just assumes we’ll get someone in and then we don’t. Did we replace Smith? No. Berra? No. Webster? Arguably yes with Nsiala.

It’s so Ipswich.

Wait until we sell Bart and make Wright our #2 keeper.

Truly impaired.

10th April 2018. (n/t) on 20:39 - Jul 18 with 7888 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:18 - Jul 18 with 7717 viewsVaughan8

Can’t that Everton left back play centre back?

I’m sure we are gonna get someone 8n before then! Or we go with the youngsters......it’s 1 game and chambers is back?
At what point do we start to panic? on 21:20 - Jul 18 with 7710 viewsVaughan8

It’s so Ipswich.

The last bit of the middle paragraph is remarkably true. No comparison unfortunately.

I can’t believe we won’t bring in another cb but who knows
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 21:21]
At what point do we start to panic? on 21:22 - Jul 18 with 7696 viewsMrTown

It’s so Ipswich.

Even if we replace them now, they have no real pre season, no gelling with the squad, and then thrown into a quite frankly poor back line at the best of times for match day one.

It is so so Ipswich.

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:30 - Jul 18 with 7670 viewsBlueBadger

It's often said that history repeats, first as tragedy, then as farce.

Last seaosn we employed Roy mark 2 and he succeeded where the previous Roy failed in bringing the club to to its knees. Now we have the Paul who followed him who's let us get into a situation where we've large gaping holes in an unbalanced squad which doesn't know its best lineup or formation.
Thankfully, we won't be humiliated at Blackpool till much later in the season this year.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 21:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:31 - Jul 18 with 7662 viewsMach_foreignBlue

It’s so Ipswich.

Every year the same isn't it? You voice your concerns Rommy and obviously some are trying to cool you out.

We can't panic nor can we voice any concerns. All is fine in the parish of Evans.

Even when we had our defence injured 2 years ago we waited until the last day of the window and ... Goldson transfer fell through.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 21:32]
At what point do we start to panic? on 21:32 - Jul 18 with 7648 viewsmonty_radio

If we were to lose to Col Utd tomorrow I think I'd cancel my TWTD subscription if there was one.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:35 - Jul 18 with 7625 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:30 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

It's often said that history repeats, first as tragedy, then as farce.

Last seaosn we employed Roy mark 2 and he succeeded where the previous Roy failed in bringing the club to to its knees. Now we have the Paul who followed him who's let us get into a situation where we've large gaping holes in an unbalanced squad which doesn't know its best lineup or formation.
Thankfully, we won't be humiliated at Blackpool till much later in the season this year.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 21:35]

Unfair on Lambert. Why people can't give him a fair chance I really don't know.

You might be right in the end but for now it's extremely tedious.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024