Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do we start to panic? 19:04 - Jul 18 with 20457 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Because the season starts in 16 days and we currently have 0 first team CBs for the Burton game and 1 striker.

EVANS OUT

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:36 - Jul 18 with 3491 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:35 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Unfair on Lambert. Why people can't give him a fair chance I really don't know.

You might be right in the end but for now it's extremely tedious.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but very little about him fills me with confidence, right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:40 - Jul 18 with 3492 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

When the white wine runs out.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:47 - Jul 18 with 3457 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:36 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but very little about him fills me with confidence, right now.

You keep saying that and then you go back to your little digs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:52 - Jul 18 with 3453 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:47 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

You keep saying that and then you go back to your little digs.

When he starts giving me something to stop taking the piss out of him over....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:53 - Jul 18 with 3446 viewsStokieBlue

Why 1 striker?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:54 - Jul 18 with 3443 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:52 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

When he starts giving me something to stop taking the piss out of him over....

It's a bit sad to keep making digs and saying if he proves me wrong i'll take it back.

Either give him a chance or don't. Your current stance is just pathetic.

Truly impaired.

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:54 - Jul 18 with 3439 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:53 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Why 1 striker?

SB

Because we need at least one and he has too much sense to hope for two!

Truly impaired.

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:57 - Jul 18 with 3438 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:54 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

It's a bit sad to keep making digs and saying if he proves me wrong i'll take it back.

Either give him a chance or don't. Your current stance is just pathetic.

He wants my respect, he can earn it back. He had a blank sheet start of his tenure and proceeded to fill it with nice PR, Improved Performances and a fight-free relegation. Granted, his hand was shocking, but he still played it terribly.
I'll even buy him and the Town legend of his choice a nice dinner, if you like.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 22:01]

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:19 - Jul 18 with 3388 viewsGarv

I understand the panic but Woolfenden is a first team CB.

We need one at least, but players like Woolfenden and Ndaba won’t ever get a chance to shine, and not just in meaningless end of season games, unless they’re chucked in when we need them.

I’d be quite happy to see Woolfenden with a new man at Burton. And Chambers will be back the week after.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:22 - Jul 18 with 3383 viewsITFC_Forever

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:57 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

He wants my respect, he can earn it back. He had a blank sheet start of his tenure and proceeded to fill it with nice PR, Improved Performances and a fight-free relegation. Granted, his hand was shocking, but he still played it terribly.

How did he play it terribly?

He took over a dreadful squad at the end of October, two months and one day before the transfer window opened.
By the time it did, we were already 10 points adrift of safety, so we could only attract the crap, the forgotten and the injury-prone. Some were a combination of two or three.

So I’m not sure he could have done much more with what he had at his disposal, in the same way Burley couldn’t in 1994-95.

For me, the time to judge Lambert is this season. He starts on an even-keel with me...ME’s willingness (or not) to help signings wise notwithstanding. Certainly we have a competitive advantage over the majority of the division next season, so anything less than a consistent top six challenge at least is a failure, and preferably top two.
But it won’t be easy... plenty of teams have spent several seasons in this division who really shouldn’t have done - and we have no divine right to simply expect we won’t.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:31 - Jul 18 with 3369 viewssundaze

I doubt he is concerned about earning your respect, I imagine he has a lot more on his mind at the moment.
There must be a limit to the amount of threads you bring up the same post, I think we all get it by now.
At what point do we start to panic? on 22:35 - Jul 18 with 3359 viewsStokieBlue

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:54 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Because we need at least one and he has too much sense to hope for two!

That's not what he said.

He said we have only 1 striker - clearly that's not true.

SB

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:36 - Jul 18 with 3351 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:35 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

That's not what he said.

SB

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

Truly impaired.

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:38 - Jul 18 with 3346 viewsSpruceMoose

Looking forward to you getting a job and buying us!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

At what point do we start to panic? on 23:21 - Jul 18 with 3309 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:38 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Looking forward to you getting a job and buying us!

I have a job.

And no I won’t be buying.

And yes I will carry on moaning.

And no I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

At what point do we start to panic? on 23:23 - Jul 18 with 3303 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:35 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

That's not what he said.

SB

Apologies - I had forgotten about Jackson entirely.

Although Roberts can’t be counted as a striker as he’s a winger. He played as a makeshift striker when Lambert came in but that was because of injury problems and there was no transfer window.. Relying on him two windows later to do the same job Is incredibly naive of the club if we were that desperate for striking options.

At what point do we start to panic? on 23:42 - Jul 18 with 3277 viewstextbackup

"He wants my respect, he can earn it back"

says the drip that rarely attends a game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

At what point do we start to panic? on 07:22 - Jul 19 with 3195 viewsStokieBlue

At what point do we start to panic? on 23:23 - Jul 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Apologies - I had forgotten about Jackson entirely.

Although Roberts can’t be counted as a striker as he’s a winger. He played as a makeshift striker when Lambert came in but that was because of injury problems and there was no transfer window.. Relying on him two windows later to do the same job Is incredibly naive of the club if we were that desperate for striking options.

Fair enough.

I think there is a chance Jackson will come good if he's given the right service, certainly in this league where the defenders just won't be as good.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Lambert. His hands are tied but he didn't really play Roberts once he managed to get a few strikers in on loan.

SB

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:13 - Jul 19 with 3156 viewsHerbivore

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:22 - Jul 18 by ITFC_Forever

How did he play it terribly?

He took over a dreadful squad at the end of October, two months and one day before the transfer window opened.
By the time it did, we were already 10 points adrift of safety, so we could only attract the crap, the forgotten and the injury-prone. Some were a combination of two or three.

So I’m not sure he could have done much more with what he had at his disposal, in the same way Burley couldn’t in 1994-95.

For me, the time to judge Lambert is this season. He starts on an even-keel with me...ME’s willingness (or not) to help signings wise notwithstanding. Certainly we have a competitive advantage over the majority of the division next season, so anything less than a consistent top six challenge at least is a failure, and preferably top two.
But it won’t be easy... plenty of teams have spent several seasons in this division who really shouldn’t have done - and we have no divine right to simply expect we won’t.

Do you honestly not think he could have done better? I'm not anti-Lambert by any stretch but so far on the pitch he's not done a great job. Yes the squad he inherited wasn't great but we ought to have picked up more points than we did by the 1st of January and that might have helped us to attract better players. Instead we spent big money (by our standards) on some pretty mediocre players who didn't massively improve us. That's also on Lambert.

It's fairer to judge once he's had preseason and another transfer window, but it's not hard to understand why some people have reservations about him. Not everyone can readily dismiss the, at best, below par job he did in terms of results last season.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 8:22]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:14 - Jul 19 with 3152 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:18 - Jul 19 with 3141 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we start to panic? on 23:42 - Jul 18 by textbackup

"He wants my respect, he can earn it back"

says the drip that rarely attends a game

In part, last season, due to Lamberts utter inability to do anything remotely galvanising. Hell, come January, I would have settled for not looking like we'd finish bottom, at least it might have suggested he'd installed sme backbone into the side.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 8:20]

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:18 - Jul 19 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:31 - Jul 18 by sundaze

I doubt he is concerned about earning your respect, I imagine he has a lot more on his mind at the moment.
There must be a limit to the amount of threads you bring up the same post, I think we all get it by now.

For better or for worse, it's my opinion. I'm not going to change it because people don't like it. I might if he gives me some evidence for changing it.

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:25 - Jul 19 with 3114 viewsartsbossbeard

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:18 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

In part, last season, due to Lamberts utter inability to do anything remotely galvanising. Hell, come January, I would have settled for not looking like we'd finish bottom, at least it might have suggested he'd installed sme backbone into the side.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 8:20]

Galvanising is the one thing that PL did do and did it very well - from both a team and fans perspective.

He knew before he walked through the door that we were doomed but has managed to get the fans (majority) on side, hence the magnificent season ticket sales, and actually provided some hope, vision & some much needed formation and tactical nous that his predecessor decided to ignore largely.

You can't polish a turd but you can put some tinsel on top of it.

He gets a free hit from me up to and just beyond the January window and we'll see where things lie then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:29 - Jul 19 with 3102 viewsHerbivore

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:25 - Jul 19 by artsbossbeard

Galvanising is the one thing that PL did do and did it very well - from both a team and fans perspective.

He knew before he walked through the door that we were doomed but has managed to get the fans (majority) on side, hence the magnificent season ticket sales, and actually provided some hope, vision & some much needed formation and tactical nous that his predecessor decided to ignore largely.

You can't polish a turd but you can put some tinsel on top of it.

He gets a free hit from me up to and just beyond the January window and we'll see where things lie then.

Can't agree on the formation and tactical nous bit. The rest is mostly fair enough, although it'd have been nice for us to have at least threatened not to finish bottom behind an abject Bolton side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:35 - Jul 19 with 3090 viewsartsbossbeard

At what point do we start to panic? on 08:29 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

Can't agree on the formation and tactical nous bit. The rest is mostly fair enough, although it'd have been nice for us to have at least threatened not to finish bottom behind an abject Bolton side.

To clarify, PL got things organised on defending corners, where before it looked like a free for all.

Set piece wise too, we no longer had 48 players around the ball wanting to take the free kick but set free kick takers dependent on the free kick position to also include the centre back pairing looking interested at the back stick.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024