Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still believe in you Teddy. 21:02 - Jul 18 with 4563 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Played 20 times last season and only just 23. I'm not writing him off. has a chance still to make a big impact this season. Clearly one of our best players. 3 Months is not a long time and will be a boost when he returns. The town 'fans' medical experts demanding his release are a bit pathetic tbh.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:16 - Jul 18 with 4171 viewsKropotkin123

He played 35 games in his first season and 45 games in the following 4 seasons... It is understandable if people have concerns over his body's ability to withstand professional football

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:41 - Jul 18 with 4123 viewsmartin12120137

Time to get rid!
Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:49 - Jul 18 with 4100 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:16 - Jul 18 by Kropotkin123

He played 35 games in his first season and 45 games in the following 4 seasons... It is understandable if people have concerns over his body's ability to withstand professional football

Bishop may struggle with injuries long term. But we literally just don't know that. he's a young guy who had a couple of significant injuries. Stating his games played dropping is just stating obvious. Whether he has been unlucky or whether biologically he is lacking is completely unknown and he may just be a later developer physically. What i cant stand are the things i'm reading such as "stealing a living", "club need to release him" etc etc. Disgusting attitude towards a player doing his best and desperate to play. I'll choose to support him and give him a few months.

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:50 - Jul 18 with 4098 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:41 - Jul 18 by martin12120137

Time to get rid!

...yes stuff like this...

Still believe in you Teddy. on 22:52 - Jul 18 with 4027 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

The injuries weren't treated properly until the summer of Mick's final season (summer 2017) and most of that season was spent recovering, before he was rushed back again. This latest one is an unfortunate one that could've happened to anyone. I'm confident he can stay fit, fingers crossed this is the last one
Still believe in you Teddy. on 23:02 - Jul 18 with 4006 viewsrickw

I hope you're right, but history has shown us that "injury prone" players tend to stay that way - Dyer, Wilshere, Carroll, Sturridge - but you never know McGoldrick didn't get injured last season!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Still believe in you Teddy. on 23:02 - Jul 18 with 4009 viewstextbackup

Time to get rid!

I wasn't lucky enough to watch Beattie ply, but by all accounts he is the best player we've ever had, and had injury problems..... you'd have wanted him out too?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Still believe in you Teddy. on 08:29 - Jul 19 with 3883 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 23:02 - Jul 18 by rickw

I hope you're right, but history has shown us that "injury prone" players tend to stay that way - Dyer, Wilshere, Carroll, Sturridge - but you never know McGoldrick didn't get injured last season!!

It's not really about me being right. It's just that nobody knows. He's not old enough to really have a history as such. Anyone can have a bad injury or two. I'm just saying i'm not writing him off. But lets suuport the guy.

Bish could go the way of some of those names, we dont know. there. Plenty of examples of players that struggled with injury early in their careers and came through to have good long careers: Gerrard (regularly broke down early on even if not long term), Van Nistelrooy (back to back knee injuries inc cruciates similar age), Original Ronaldo - Bad injury as teenager at PSV and then missed most of 3 years at Inter before he became best player in the world and very few injuries after.

Login to get fewer ads

Still believe in you Teddy. on 09:15 - Jul 19 with 3837 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a nice OP. Have an uppy. Whether he's going to ever get over these seemingly constant injury problems, who knows. But a little bit of support never hurts anyone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 10:07 - Jul 19 with 3801 viewsbraveblue

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:49 - Jul 18 by Terry_Nutkins

Bishop may struggle with injuries long term. But we literally just don't know that. he's a young guy who had a couple of significant injuries. Stating his games played dropping is just stating obvious. Whether he has been unlucky or whether biologically he is lacking is completely unknown and he may just be a later developer physically. What i cant stand are the things i'm reading such as "stealing a living", "club need to release him" etc etc. Disgusting attitude towards a player doing his best and desperate to play. I'll choose to support him and give him a few months.

After 5 years averaging about 15 games per season I think we all know the score.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 11:55 - Jul 19 with 3751 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 10:07 - Jul 19 by braveblue

After 5 years averaging about 15 games per season I think we all know the score.

Why would you look at his average? That would be a moronic way to assess whether he can come back or not given his age. He's just turned 23 and had a long spell out. of course his average games is low. That's just pointing out the obvious. You would need to look at whether he has strung games together in a season when not injured. Yes before injury (37) and jury out after at 20 games. He could still play 30+ games for us this season (equally, for balance he could break down and play a handful). I'm going to back him and hope he can do the former.

Having a concern about his fitness is fine but we the fans have no real way of knowing whether he is anything more than unlucky. picking example from my list above. After playing one full season for Inter Milan when about 19 i think, Ronaldo (Brazil) went on to play 28, 8, 0 ,16 (avg 13) in his next 4 seasons. Guess what, he wasn't finished. 44, 48 45, 27 next 4 seasons. Won everything after that. He did get fat later though...

*note: Bish won't have Ronaldo's career :(

Still believe in you Teddy. on 11:58 - Jul 19 with 3742 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Still believe in you Teddy. on 22:52 - Jul 18 by No_Moore_Kieffer

The injuries weren't treated properly until the summer of Mick's final season (summer 2017) and most of that season was spent recovering, before he was rushed back again. This latest one is an unfortunate one that could've happened to anyone. I'm confident he can stay fit, fingers crossed this is the last one

Hopefully. I agree with you that this is an unfortunate one, especially as he did seem to be fully recovered last season towards the end of it. Hopefully he can stay fit, this time.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 12:00 - Jul 19 with 3732 viewsuefacup81

I don't think we can really pass judgement at this point in time, and I worry that his previous injury problems are muddying the waters.

Yes he had a long period out, but by all accounts the injury was poorly managed and it was only when that management was changed that he moved back towards full fitness.

Since then he's had a good run of first team football, and has only just sustained a mid-term injury.

If he hadn't had the previous spell on the sidelines, we'd just chalk it up to bad luck and look forward to seeing him back once he has recovered (see Sears F, Dozzell A, Skuse C, Lankester J et al.).

It's unfortunate timing for sure, but it's an injury that could have happened to anyone. Teddy is a professional footballer and will get injured many more times throughout the rest of his career. We can't let one bad spell colour our point of view, and lead to demands for him to be got rid of every time he ends up on the sidelines.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:11 - Jul 19 with 3669 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 12:00 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

I don't think we can really pass judgement at this point in time, and I worry that his previous injury problems are muddying the waters.

Yes he had a long period out, but by all accounts the injury was poorly managed and it was only when that management was changed that he moved back towards full fitness.

Since then he's had a good run of first team football, and has only just sustained a mid-term injury.

If he hadn't had the previous spell on the sidelines, we'd just chalk it up to bad luck and look forward to seeing him back once he has recovered (see Sears F, Dozzell A, Skuse C, Lankester J et al.).

It's unfortunate timing for sure, but it's an injury that could have happened to anyone. Teddy is a professional footballer and will get injured many more times throughout the rest of his career. We can't let one bad spell colour our point of view, and lead to demands for him to be got rid of every time he ends up on the sidelines.

Exactly right.

oh ffs.... (n/t) on 14:21 - Jul 19 with 3661 viewsDyland

Time to get rid!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:23 - Jul 19 with 3655 viewsbraveblue

Still believe in you Teddy. on 11:55 - Jul 19 by Terry_Nutkins

Why would you look at his average? That would be a moronic way to assess whether he can come back or not given his age. He's just turned 23 and had a long spell out. of course his average games is low. That's just pointing out the obvious. You would need to look at whether he has strung games together in a season when not injured. Yes before injury (37) and jury out after at 20 games. He could still play 30+ games for us this season (equally, for balance he could break down and play a handful). I'm going to back him and hope he can do the former.

Having a concern about his fitness is fine but we the fans have no real way of knowing whether he is anything more than unlucky. picking example from my list above. After playing one full season for Inter Milan when about 19 i think, Ronaldo (Brazil) went on to play 28, 8, 0 ,16 (avg 13) in his next 4 seasons. Guess what, he wasn't finished. 44, 48 45, 27 next 4 seasons. Won everything after that. He did get fat later though...

I got to moronic and stopped reading. Grow up.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:35 - Jul 19 with 3640 viewsKeanos_Monkey

Still believe in you Teddy. on 23:02 - Jul 18 by textbackup

I wasn't lucky enough to watch Beattie ply, but by all accounts he is the best player we've ever had, and had injury problems..... you'd have wanted him out too?

What a ridiculous argument. It's like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Ford Capri.

We should do all we can to get rid of an injury-prone waste of time and money.

If Bishop was a world beater it would be a fair shout, but he's not even a panel beater.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:37 - Jul 19 with 3637 viewsKeanos_Monkey

Still believe in you Teddy. on 21:49 - Jul 18 by Terry_Nutkins

Ah, the old blind faith. That'll work.

You choose to give him a few months. He's already been given 5 years.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 3635 viewseddiespearitt03

Still believe in you Teddy. on 11:55 - Jul 19 by Terry_Nutkins

Oh FFS ...give it a rest, please.
Still believe in you Teddy. on 17:15 - Jul 19 with 3589 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:40 - Jul 19 by eddiespearitt03

Oh FFS ...give it a rest, please.

too reasoned for you? What exactly has annoyed you here? The fact i'm using some actual factual information/cases to suggest it's too early to right a young player off as crocked? No idea why that would annoy you.

My whole point is nobody knows how his career will go from here so rather than make emotional please of get rid and worse lets just support the guy. Again why woukd that annoy you?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 17:18 - Jul 19 with 3585 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:23 - Jul 19 by braveblue

I got to moronic and stopped reading. Grow up.

I'll happily retract 'moronic' if offense taken (not intended). Not sure it warrants a 'grow up' but retracted none the less. Replace with a bit silly. I think you can replace your "we all know" with "in my opinion" in return. (Puts his hand out to shake hands).

Still believe in you Teddy. on 17:29 - Jul 19 with 3577 viewsITFCBlues

I'm with you on this one. He's a talented player.

The positive about this injury is that it's not muscle related & more of a freak injury as opposed to snapping his hamstring or groin again.

Fingers crossed he comes back stronger

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 18:17 - Jul 19 with 3548 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Still believe in you Teddy. on 14:37 - Jul 19 by Keanos_Monkey

Ah, the old blind faith. That'll work.

You choose to give him a few months. He's already been given 5 years.

Blind faith? It's blind guesswork to suggest he can't go on to have a career just because he had a couple of injuries and now he's finished because he has a minor knee injury.

You'll do well to find a footballer who hasn't had at least one medial knee injury. it's par for the course.

Still believe in you Teddy. on 18:41 - Jul 19 with 3531 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone who wants him released is an idiot. He's one of the most talented players we have and he's under contract. Releasing him would be utterly stupid

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Still believe in you Teddy. on 18:59 - Jul 19 with 3519 viewsHerbivore

This thread has brought out quite a few trolls.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024