Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This car crash in Stevenage is horrific 00:55 - Jul 19 with 4437 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Boy racers racing their flashy cars down the roads in front of crowds lined up on the side of the road and one of them has hit smashed into another and hit the people watching.

Sounds utterly grim. Seen a video of the crowd there and there was hundreds watching it.

These race meet things have always been dangerous and something like this was bound to happen.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 1:18]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 07:16 - Jul 19 with 4127 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Something similar happened in Manchester, a few injured and one fatality I think. Couple of years ago.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 07:46 - Jul 19 with 4011 viewsuefacup81

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Your comments about this only being a matter of time are very interesting.

In Berlin of late there has been an issue with these sort of things taking place on the Ku'Damm and Tauentzienstrasse (think Oxford and Regent Street). An accident happened a couple of years back in which an uninvolved motorist was killed and, in March last year, those responsible were sentenced to life in prison for murder.

I know our standards for murder are slightly different, but I wouldn't be surprised, if a fatality results, to see a pretty hefty manslaughter charge handed down.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 07:59 - Jul 19 with 3961 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 07:46 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Your comments about this only being a matter of time are very interesting.

In Berlin of late there has been an issue with these sort of things taking place on the Ku'Damm and Tauentzienstrasse (think Oxford and Regent Street). An accident happened a couple of years back in which an uninvolved motorist was killed and, in March last year, those responsible were sentenced to life in prison for murder.

I know our standards for murder are slightly different, but I wouldn't be surprised, if a fatality results, to see a pretty hefty manslaughter charge handed down.

It already has...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-452623

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 08:08 - Jul 19 with 3926 viewsfergalsharkey

Most of the participants are young dickheafs or retarded older adults with about as much driving skill as a duck.
They illegally speed up and down in public areas and the police do nothing.
Then when this happens it's all shock horror how ould this happen!!
Hope the scum bag who's driving caused this gets 40 years.

Poll: Cook out?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 08:47 - Jul 19 with 3785 viewsRealSlimShady

Apparently the 'organisers' assured the police that it would be a static show with no racing. You would have thought the police would have been in attendance or at least stopped by for a look.

Unfortunately when the crowd are standing on the edge of the curb or at times on the road then incidents are due to happen when cars are driving at speed down public roads.
This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 09:14 - Jul 19 with 3654 viewsuefacup81

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 07:59 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

It already has...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-452623

I see the sentence there was Death by Dangerous Driving, which carries a maximum of 14 years, whilst Manslaughter leaves the possibility for a life sentence.

I'm not sure whether DbDD is the vehicular equivalent of Manslaughter, or whether you can be charged with either, but I'd argue that Manslaughter is the most appropriate charge for this sort of thing.

These people go out knowing precisely what they intend to do, knowing that it's dangerous, and mindful of the fact that there's a risk of death associated with it. Despite this they carry on regardless. That's Manslaughter right there, and worth a damned sight more than 9 years 9 months (less than five years on good behaviour).

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 09:23 - Jul 19 with 3597 viewsSwansea_Blue

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 08:47 - Jul 19 by RealSlimShady

Apparently the 'organisers' assured the police that it would be a static show with no racing. You would have thought the police would have been in attendance or at least stopped by for a look.

Unfortunately when the crowd are standing on the edge of the curb or at times on the road then incidents are due to happen when cars are driving at speed down public roads.

Seemed to look a bit more like a procession from the limited footage on the BBC news pages. Someone pulled out into the path of someone else. Potentially quite innocuous unless you've got people lining the central reservation which is the only escape route.

Not condoning it in the slightest though, as it's all a bit bellendish. Fingers crossed there aren't any fatalities or life-changing injuries,

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 12:15 - Jul 19 with 3196 viewsSacrebleu

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 09:14 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

I see the sentence there was Death by Dangerous Driving, which carries a maximum of 14 years, whilst Manslaughter leaves the possibility for a life sentence.

I'm not sure whether DbDD is the vehicular equivalent of Manslaughter, or whether you can be charged with either, but I'd argue that Manslaughter is the most appropriate charge for this sort of thing.

These people go out knowing precisely what they intend to do, knowing that it's dangerous, and mindful of the fact that there's a risk of death associated with it. Despite this they carry on regardless. That's Manslaughter right there, and worth a damned sight more than 9 years 9 months (less than five years on good behaviour).

The spectators should take some responsibility. You should know retards in fast cars and no barrier protection for kerbside viewing is a recipe for disaster.
Login to get fewer ads

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:05 - Jul 19 with 3060 viewsElderGrizzly

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 08:47 - Jul 19 by RealSlimShady

The Police are saying they were in attendance, which then makes you question what they hell were they doing while these morons were drag racing up and down?
This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 3056 viewsElderGrizzly

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 09:23 - Jul 19 by Swansea_Blue

Seemed to look a bit more like a procession from the limited footage on the BBC news pages. Someone pulled out into the path of someone else. Potentially quite innocuous unless you've got people lining the central reservation which is the only escape route.

Not condoning it in the slightest though, as it's all a bit bellendish. Fingers crossed there aren't any fatalities or life-changing injuries,

The footage elsewhere on the internet shows cars doing what must be 50/60mph up and down that straight stretch of road.

Locals are saying this happens once a week
This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:26 - Jul 19 with 2977 viewsBlackboots

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 09:14 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

One of the main reasons for introducing the death by dangerous driving charge was that jury members were reluctant to convict motorists of manslaughter.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:28 - Jul 19 with 2969 viewsfergalsharkey

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:06 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

The footage elsewhere on the internet shows cars doing what must be 50/60mph up and down that straight stretch of road.

I'm sure it does and the police dont do a thing.
I know they are understaffed but where will it all end?

Drink driving is so rife now its unreal as there is zero chance of getting nicked unless you have a proper pile up or run someone over.
New figures show only 8% of reported crime is resolved now.
Basically do what you like.

Poll: Cook out?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 17:53 - Jul 19 with 2714 viewsSwansea_Blue

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 13:06 - Jul 19 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, ok. You can’t tell an awful lot from the video. It didn’t look like racing, but I’ve no idea what speed they were doing nor the speed limit. The locals would be the ones who know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 19:41 - Jul 19 with 2573 viewsmathiemagic

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 08:08 - Jul 19 by fergalsharkey

Most of the participants are young dickheafs or retarded older adults with about as much driving skill as a duck.
They illegally speed up and down in public areas and the police do nothing.
Then when this happens it's all shock horror how ould this happen!!
Hope the scum bag who's driving caused this gets 40 years.

Nasty crash it has to be said but I do get rather wound up by the generalisation that all people that drive nice and/or fast cars are either dick heads or retards . I have driven nothing but performance cars for the last 20 years or so and am not either a dick head or a retard and nor do I have any speeding tickets. I also have an advanced driving licence. We are not all automatically a bell end just because of one idiot that pulls out without looking and causes a crash.

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 20:23 - Jul 19 with 2476 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This car crash in Stevenage is horrific on 19:41 - Jul 19 by mathiemagic

Nasty crash it has to be said but I do get rather wound up by the generalisation that all people that drive nice and/or fast cars are either dick heads or retards . I have driven nothing but performance cars for the last 20 years or so and am not either a dick head or a retard and nor do I have any speeding tickets. I also have an advanced driving licence. We are not all automatically a bell end just because of one idiot that pulls out without looking and causes a crash.

I think he was referring to the participants of these weekly driving events which are full of idiots doing 80 down normal roads rather than referring to anyone who drives a decent motor.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 20:23]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024