Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... 09:17 - Jul 19 with 3948 viewsSitfcB

Well played. ‘Cos now everyone knows they’re sponsored by Paddy Power without it even being on there.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

They've played an absolute blinder there. (n/t) on 09:19 - Jul 19 with 3881 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:22 - Jul 19 with 3843 viewsGuthrum

Cleverly done.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:23 - Jul 19 with 3829 viewsKieran_Knows

Decent looking kit that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:25 - Jul 19 with 3824 viewsSwansea_Blue

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:22 - Jul 19 by Guthrum

Cleverly done.

I didn't realise they'd even played a friendly in the Paddy Power version. Very cleverly done indeed. And a nice looking kit - I might even buy it lol (er, not really).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:26 - Jul 19 with 3820 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chuckle

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:55 - Jul 19 with 3686 viewsSaigonTractor

Gone from the worst kit in England to one of the best. Bet that will sell very well.
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:58 - Jul 19 with 3666 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep.

PP will have got more coverage and been noticed more from this one stunt, than a whole season's worth of actually appearing on the shirts.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:21 - Jul 19 with 3590 viewsuefacup81

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 09:58 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Yep.

PP will have got more coverage and been noticed more from this one stunt, than a whole season's worth of actually appearing on the shirts.

That's actually fantastic.

I thought it was going to be a typical bellendish PP marketing stunt which would still end with their name emblazoned on the front of the shirt; can't fault them for the actual outcome though!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:25 - Jul 19 with 3580 viewsElderGrizzly

Was very well done.

I did roll my eyes when they said the club with a £100m+ parachute payments would be an underdog though...
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:26 - Jul 19 with 3580 viewsvilanovablue

The PR department have smashed it out of the park there. Someone in their marketing department is I suspect very smug today!
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:28 - Jul 19 with 3562 viewsTrequartista

But they are not sponsored by Paddy Power.

(Edit) My mistake they are.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:29]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:28 - Jul 19 with 3567 viewsuefacup81

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:26 - Jul 19 by vilanovablue

The PR department have smashed it out of the park there. Someone in their marketing department is I suspect very smug today!

Exactly.

Despite not having a sponsor on the front of their shirt, I bet more football fans (and non-fans alike) could tell you Huddersfield are sponsored by Paddy Power, than could tell you who West Brom are sponsored by, despite having their sponsor on their shirts.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:43 - Jul 19 with 3483 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some good press coverage generated thats for sure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:44 - Jul 19 with 3479 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 10:21 - Jul 19 by uefacup81

That's actually fantastic.

I thought it was going to be a typical bellendish PP marketing stunt which would still end with their name emblazoned on the front of the shirt; can't fault them for the actual outcome though!

The impact will be short lived, its not going to lead to plain shirts.

But fair play to PP.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 12:22 - Jul 19 with 3305 viewsitfc48

I don't know if this is the same for all French clubs however I know that with Nice and Monaco you buy the shirt plain then have the option to add the sponsor on later if you wish. I've an old Nice shirt without a sponsor I wear for 5-aside and it looks absolutely class.
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 12:39 - Jul 19 with 3237 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahaha, still can’t believe some thought this was genuine

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 12:44 - Jul 19 with 3207 viewsWeWereZombies

Looking at the 'splash' behind the shirt I at first wanted to question what a thrige champion was though...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 3109 viewsclive_baker

So obvious, but the upshot is they're left with the best kit in England. I love it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 13:30 - Jul 19 with 3088 viewsSenatorBlue

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 12:44 - Jul 19 by WeWereZombies

Looking at the 'splash' behind the shirt I at first wanted to question what a thrige champion was though...

....perhaps Thai-Rice champions.
Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 13:40 - Jul 19 with 3054 viewsLankHenners

And once again the winner at the end of all this is the people’s favourite - gambling!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Huddersfield kit the complete opposite to a hideous sponsored shirt... on 15:17 - Jul 19 with 2933 viewsEireannach_gorm

Paddy Power have a history of shock advertising.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/sep/28/rugbyunion.rugbyworldcup20077
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024