Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for people who bill by the hour 18:39 - Jul 19 with 1128 viewsgiant_stow

How do you actually account for the time, as in what units — mins, 5-min blocks, 10 min blocks or strictly in one hour blocks, regardless of if it was 75 mins with 10 mins for chatting and tea in reality?

Personally, I’m doing more and more work like this (which is maybe stupid commercially — why I ask) and keep a to-the-minute time sheet, stopping for fag, piss or twtd breaks.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 18:40]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A question for people who bill by the hour on 18:42 - Jul 19 with 1111 viewsPendejo

We bill time based services at a minimum of three hours, with 15 minute increments thereafter.

Non-time based work that incurs waiting time is billed as per 15 minutes [thus 16 minutes = 30 minutes billed]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A question for people who bill by the hour on 19:14 - Jul 19 with 1061 viewsgiant_stow

A question for people who bill by the hour on 18:42 - Jul 19 by Pendejo

We bill time based services at a minimum of three hours, with 15 minute increments thereafter.

Non-time based work that incurs waiting time is billed as per 15 minutes [thus 16 minutes = 30 minutes billed]

Thank you, that's interesting. How did you decide on the 3 hours? Was that based on costs?

(Sorry if this is all obvious)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A question for people who bill by the hour on 19:49 - Jul 19 with 1012 viewsWD19

Gigolo. Charge £4,500 per hour. Regularly earn up to £100 for a nights work.
A question for people who bill by the hour on 20:19 - Jul 19 with 935 viewsDurovigutum

By the hour. I must confess to feeling guilty if I'm not "on it" on a particular day, but then hope that on a good day I'm worth double what I'm charged at....
A question for people who bill by the hour on 20:33 - Jul 19 with 910 viewsSikamikanico

The 5 accountancy firms I have worked for have used the following methods:

Units of 6 minutes
Units of 1 minute
Units of 15 minutes
Units of 10 minutes
No timesheets and bill a set fee.
A question for people who bill by the hour on 21:05 - Jul 19 with 863 viewsgiant_stow

Thanks for the answers - good to see how everyone handles it

A question for people who bill by the hour on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 823 viewsSikamikanico

A question for people who bill by the hour on 21:05 - Jul 19 by giant_stow

Thanks for the answers - good to see how everyone handles it

One final point.... Charging July the hour for standard stuff is fine.

For special work consider the value to the client.
A question for people who bill by the hour on 21:24 - Jul 19 with 808 viewsPendejo

A question for people who bill by the hour on 19:14 - Jul 19 by giant_stow

Thank you, that's interesting. How did you decide on the 3 hours? Was that based on costs?

(Sorry if this is all obvious)

For us it's the figure that stops people from taking the p155.

2 hours tends to be cheaper than a single journey and 3 hours more expensive. Unfortunately our new system is currently allowing American bookers to book 2 hours....

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024