Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tric (trigger) 22:16 - Jul 19 with 866 viewsSwailsey

I seem to have developed this over the last few months, to the point where I can’t stop. It’s only my facial hair, but I can’t shake the urge.

Those who vaguely know me will know I have suffered numerous anxiety issues all my life, but I always thought I had managed to dodge this.

I’m not looking for sympathy, but genuinely any advice please. I’ve been trying to beat it myself but can’t - and the fidget toys aren’t working.

Thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tric (trigger) on 22:55 - Jul 19 with 773 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I also suffered with this a couple of years ago for a while during a very low period of my life (it was my eyelashes mostly) and started a thread on here about it a couple of years ago.

Some excellent advice on there. I’ll try to find the thread (assuming it wasn’t deleted in Gavs update) for you. Good luck.

Edit - Found it
Trichotillomania by The_Romford_Blue 27 Apr 2017 4:10
I imagine most people will have to google this.

I'm not really sure how to word this post so bear with me. This place will have to do as I can at least try to get my words out slowly.

I've spent the last hour having found out pretty easily on the internet that I think I've developed that mental disorder. I've know for a while I've got a problem but didn't realise it's an actual thing. Anyway for ages now (2/3 months maybe) I've developed an uncontrollable urge to pull out my eyelashes. That sounds so weird to type down but I can't find the words to actually say something out loud so this'll have to do.

I'm literally bald in my left eye and basically bald in my right eye. Every time I am pissed off or something happens, I would pull one out. And then another. Then another. It wouldn't hurt but actually felt good when one would rip out. A slight pain but then it would just calm me down.

I can't describe how bad it makes me feel afterwards as, when I point it out as I once did to my mum, i look ridiculous. But I can't stop myself. Genuinely the urge to do it is too much. As soon as I do, I feel almost relieved and much more chilled out. Until it hits me moments later and I realise what a moron it makes me. And then at some point that hour, that day or that night, the process happens all over again.

I feel quite gutted typing this out on my phone tbh. Taken me ages to try to explain it.

I thought it was just me being weird at first. Then I couldn't stop doing it. Managed to go 2 days without like a month ago but now I think I've pulled out the stumps. Finding out tonight that it's an actual thing - and the fact that they don't just grow back - has left me feeling even worse than normal. Plus of course the eyes and eyelids constantly hurt nowadays as I'm touching them for an hour or two every Bl00dy day

I don't know why I'm saying any of this tbh. Not sure if I want advice or just to be told to man up. But I'm confused as f**k.

Posting it here because i can trust the advice of you lot whilst remaining anonymous to the majority. Pointed it out to my best mate a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't stop laughing. I probably might've too if it was the other way round as I assume he didn't realise beforehand until I pointed them out.

Anyway.. I'm going to sleep. I await the replies in the morning. Apologies for the look at me thread. My mum knows about it but I have lied loads about carrying it on and would rather tell you lot who are mostly anonymous

What a weird thread this is

I don’t want to read what I posted as I wasn’t at all in a good place and I simply don’t want to re-read it. Going to the doctors the first time about it and the reason I was so down at the time, helped a fair bit though. That thread - the advice people on here who didn’t know me - was extremely helpful.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 22:59]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Tric (trigger) on 11:30 - Jul 20 with 622 viewsSwailsey

Tric (trigger) on 22:55 - Jul 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I also suffered with this a couple of years ago for a while during a very low period of my life (it was my eyelashes mostly) and started a thread on here about it a couple of years ago.

Some excellent advice on there. I’ll try to find the thread (assuming it wasn’t deleted in Gavs update) for you. Good luck.

Edit - Found it

I'm not really sure how to word this post so bear with me. This place will have to do as I can at least try to get my words out slowly.

I've spent the last hour having found out pretty easily on the internet that I think I've developed that mental disorder. I've know for a while I've got a problem but didn't realise it's an actual thing. Anyway for ages now (2/3 months maybe) I've developed an uncontrollable urge to pull out my eyelashes. That sounds so weird to type down but I can't find the words to actually say something out loud so this'll have to do.

I'm literally bald in my left eye and basically bald in my right eye. Every time I am pissed off or something happens, I would pull one out. And then another. Then another. It wouldn't hurt but actually felt good when one would rip out. A slight pain but then it would just calm me down.

I can't describe how bad it makes me feel afterwards as, when I point it out as I once did to my mum, i look ridiculous. But I can't stop myself. Genuinely the urge to do it is too much. As soon as I do, I feel almost relieved and much more chilled out. Until it hits me moments later and I realise what a moron it makes me. And then at some point that hour, that day or that night, the process happens all over again.

I feel quite gutted typing this out on my phone tbh. Taken me ages to try to explain it.

I thought it was just me being weird at first. Then I couldn't stop doing it. Managed to go 2 days without like a month ago but now I think I've pulled out the stumps. Finding out tonight that it's an actual thing - and the fact that they don't just grow back - has left me feeling even worse than normal. Plus of course the eyes and eyelids constantly hurt nowadays as I'm touching them for an hour or two every Bl00dy day

I don't know why I'm saying any of this tbh. Not sure if I want advice or just to be told to man up. But I'm confused as f**k.

Posting it here because i can trust the advice of you lot whilst remaining anonymous to the majority. Pointed it out to my best mate a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't stop laughing. I probably might've too if it was the other way round as I assume he didn't realise beforehand until I pointed them out.

Anyway.. I'm going to sleep. I await the replies in the morning. Apologies for the look at me thread. My mum knows about it but I have lied loads about carrying it on and would rather tell you lot who are mostly anonymous

I don’t want to read what I posted as I wasn’t at all in a good place and I simply don’t want to re-read it. Going to the doctors the first time about it and the reason I was so down at the time, helped a fair bit though. That thread - the advice people on here who didn’t know me - was extremely helpful.

Thank you very much Rommy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tric (trigger) on 11:32 - Jul 20 with 616 viewsSwailsey

Tric (trigger) on 22:55 - Jul 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Edit - Found it

What an emotional thread that is. I didn’t even realise I had commented on it - funny how things can change.

RIP Oz.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024