Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... 10:19 - Jul 22 with 12900 viewsSomethingBlue

... according to Nixon, who has been right on this story from the beginning so it would take a fool to reject out of hand. I suspect this ends with him leaving, to be honest. And gives us a hell of a problem for the season's early months with no Bishop and an unreliable Huws, as well as Lankester/Judge/Edwards all well off. I say it again: we just can't have nice things anymore.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:21]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:22 - Jul 22 with 5597 viewsSwansea_Blue

This was always likely to happen. It may still not of course, but I'm surprised there hasn't been interest in one or two others as well (Bart especially; even though he didn't have a particularly good year last year, his quality for the Championship is well known).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:23 - Jul 22 with 5567 viewsSomethingBlue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:22 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

This was always likely to happen. It may still not of course, but I'm surprised there hasn't been interest in one or two others as well (Bart especially; even though he didn't have a particularly good year last year, his quality for the Championship is well known).

Lambert's words after the Col U game — to the effect that the player needs to remember we got his career going again — were also a clear indication that he wants out and I was surprised more people didn't pick up on it.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:24 - Jul 22 with 5541 viewsDanTheMan

It's OK, I'm sure that £450k will be reinvested into the team.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:24 - Jul 22 with 5545 viewschicoazul

As I continue to pour scorn over everything, I have to say one of the things that makes me laugh the most about the board at the moment is the theme of "our midfield is incredible at this level" when practically none of them are fit.
But yes, no doubt Judge will be off unless we are determined to hold him to his contract which I suppose is possible but seems very unlikely.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 5541 viewsRadlett_blue

So if Judge is so keen to play in the Championship, why did he sign a Town deal? Given his decent form & proven fitness when on loan at Town, I'm sure there would have been interest.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 5529 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unless it hits;

1. An agreed release clause

or

2. At least £1m+

We need to resist.

I am fed up of us risking the future of our club just because a player 'wants to leave'.

We need to stand our ground, and do what is best for Ipswich Town FC. With Bishop injured, we need to keep hold of Judge.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Someone needs to tell Judge and his agent on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 5532 viewsBobbychase

To have a look at what's happening at Bolton right now. QPR are under FFP restrictions and are among the favourites for relegation.

Would love to see him in an ITFC shirt this season but if he does push for a move, expect zero sympathy when he's going on strike with his team-mates this time next year over unpaid wages.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 5514 viewschicoazul

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:24 - Jul 22 by DanTheMan

haha!

EDIT; if we did get 500k for Judge like Thingers suggests, wouldnt that be 3m in incoming fees this summer so far? And still lots of talk about Webster and Keiffer Moore moving on. you would think the 3m alone would give Evans the leeway to at least allow Lambert a couple hundred K to spend on a defender or two.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:27]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:26 - Jul 22 with 5502 viewsNazemariner

We are just waiting for an offer that isn't insulting and he's gone.

£750k ought to do it.
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:26 - Jul 22 with 5490 viewsSomethingBlue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:24 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

As I continue to pour scorn over everything, I have to say one of the things that makes me laugh the most about the board at the moment is the theme of "our midfield is incredible at this level" when practically none of them are fit.
But yes, no doubt Judge will be off unless we are determined to hold him to his contract which I suppose is possible but seems very unlikely.

Presumably we are asking for £1m and will compromise on like £600k and he will go. But it will leave us well short. I would love to be wrong but it is hard not to see the same old patterns bedevilling us again and again, and you wonder if it will ever end. "Not under this regime" is the answer, I suspect.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:27 - Jul 22 with 5466 viewsKieran_Knows

Just a matter of when now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Spot on on 10:27 - Jul 22 with 5467 viewsBobbychase

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unless it hits;

1. An agreed release clause

or

2. At least £1m+

We need to resist.

I am fed up of us risking the future of our club just because a player 'wants to leave'.

We need to stand our ground, and do what is best for Ipswich Town FC. With Bishop injured, we need to keep hold of Judge.

Screw the players' interest, his agent and QPR with their pathetic bids. We've been through torture the past 12 months and I'm sick of it. Come back to us when you've got an actual bid Rangers

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:28 - Jul 22 with 5436 viewshampstead_blue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:24 - Jul 22 by DanTheMan

which team?
(I am joking of course).....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:29 - Jul 22 with 5408 viewschicoazul

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:26 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

Presumably we are asking for £1m and will compromise on like £600k and he will go. But it will leave us well short. I would love to be wrong but it is hard not to see the same old patterns bedevilling us again and again, and you wonder if it will ever end. "Not under this regime" is the answer, I suspect.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:29 - Jul 22 with 5394 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:26 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

We need to be 100% selfish here.

There is absolutely NO reason for us to compromise in any way whatsoever.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 5395 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Get rid... Lets blow all our cash on Marcus Maddison @ Peterboro

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 5395 viewsBloots

....I reckon.

Then he'll go for about £600K and we won't get a replacement in.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Aye, that's precisely what will happen on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 5373 viewsDyland

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:30 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....I reckon.

nftffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:31 - Jul 22 with 5359 viewsSomethingBlue

....I reckon.

My expectation too.

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:31 - Jul 22 with 5346 viewschicoazul

....I reckon.

Leon Best sits patiently by his phone.

EDIT; Jonny Williams?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:33]

Yes there is.... on 10:31 - Jul 22 with 5342 viewsBloots

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:29 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

We need to be 100% selfish here.

There is absolutely NO reason for us to compromise in any way whatsoever.

....we need the money and it's no use us having a player here who doesn't want to play for us.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:32 - Jul 22 with 5314 viewsartsbossbeard

....I reckon.

Paid in 3x £200k installments so not immediately available for the cause. Or available at all.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I don't think Hoolahan has.... on 10:33 - Jul 22 with 5294 viewsBloots

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:31 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Leon Best sits patiently by his phone.

EDIT; Jonny Williams?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:33]

....signed for anyone yet.

Think he's training with Cambridge.

That would be a laugh.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 with 5251 viewsrickw

He might be our most creative player, but he didn't score last season and his best position doesn't fit into Lambert's preferred 4-3-3 system or the promising 4-4-2 system we played second half in Colchester.

I would like to think if he did go, say for 1m we'd be able to re-invest the money on someone who we'd get the best out of in more systems, maybe I'm just being naive though!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 with 5240 viewsReuser_is_God

Lambert is going to lose it when Judge leaves for 500k & none of it goes into his budget.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024