Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... 10:19 - Jul 22 with 12913 viewsSomethingBlue

... according to Nixon, who has been right on this story from the beginning so it would take a fool to reject out of hand. I suspect this ends with him leaving, to be honest. And gives us a hell of a problem for the season's early months with no Bishop and an unreliable Huws, as well as Lankester/Judge/Edwards all well off. I say it again: we just can't have nice things anymore.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:21]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I don't think Hoolahan has.... on 10:36 - Jul 22 with 2459 viewschicoazul

I don't think Hoolahan has.... on 10:33 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....signed for anyone yet.

Think he's training with Cambridge.

That would be a laugh.

Well, here's my hot take; if Judge does leave and if Lankester is fit, then we probably dont need a replacement.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

wishful thinking on 10:36 - Jul 22 with 2459 viewsDyland

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 by rickw

He might be our most creative player, but he didn't score last season and his best position doesn't fit into Lambert's preferred 4-3-3 system or the promising 4-4-2 system we played second half in Colchester.

I would like to think if he did go, say for 1m we'd be able to re-invest the money on someone who we'd get the best out of in more systems, maybe I'm just being naive though!

It will be like the Murphy fiasco.

We'll reinvest the cash by signing Frank Nouble.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:37 - Jul 22 with 2462 viewsSomethingBlue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 by rickw

He might be our most creative player, but he didn't score last season and his best position doesn't fit into Lambert's preferred 4-3-3 system or the promising 4-4-2 system we played second half in Colchester.

I would like to think if he did go, say for 1m we'd be able to re-invest the money on someone who we'd get the best out of in more systems, maybe I'm just being naive though!

Fine but there is no chance whatsoever of us reinvesting it properly. Might get a kid on loan from one of the weaker Prem outfits if we are very lucky.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:37 - Jul 22 with 2458 viewsBobbychase

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 by Reuser_is_God

Lambert is going to lose it when Judge leaves for 500k & none of it goes into his budget.

The only way this would be acceptable would be if we get £800k to £1m PAID NOW MARCUS and we invest that in a young rising star. Then I can stomach it

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:39 - Jul 22 with 2446 viewsWickets

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:23 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

Lambert's words after the Col U game — to the effect that the player needs to remember we got his career going again — were also a clear indication that he wants out and I was surprised more people didn't pick up on it.

Thats why i started the Alan Judge thread ! reading between the lines i thought Judge wanted to go !!
Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:39 - Jul 22 with 2450 viewsBloots

I don't think Hoolahan has.... on 10:36 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Well, here's my hot take; if Judge does leave and if Lankester is fit, then we probably dont need a replacement.

....and when he is it will be sporadic.

The only vaguely positive thing to take from this is that Lambert insisted on playing Judge out of position anyway, so we were never going to see any real influence from him on the pitch.

He made it clear when he came here that one of the reasons he left Brentford was that when he did play it was always out wide.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

wishful thinking on 10:40 - Jul 22 with 2435 viewsfooters

wishful thinking on 10:36 - Jul 22 by Dyland

CL4CK!

My word. It's not been a lot of fun this banter era, has it?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert has never had "it".... on 10:40 - Jul 22 with 2431 viewsBloots

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:35 - Jul 22 by Reuser_is_God

Lambert is going to lose it when Judge leaves for 500k & none of it goes into his budget.

....to lose.

Login to get fewer ads

Yes there is.... on 10:41 - Jul 22 with 2421 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yes there is.... on 10:31 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....we need the money and it's no use us having a player here who doesn't want to play for us.

....but that's the same poor reasoning that gets used everytime.

If we kept him, I am sure that come the start of the season his mind would be back on it and he would perform.

Its not like Man City have come in for him.

We let Garner leave because he was homesick, and that wasnt a good move.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

wishful thinking on 10:42 - Jul 22 with 2407 viewschicoazul

wishful thinking on 10:36 - Jul 22 by Dyland

Nouble looked good when I saw him play a couple times last season!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

no... no it hasn't (n/t) on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 2396 viewsDyland

wishful thinking on 10:40 - Jul 22 by footers

CL4CK!

My word. It's not been a lot of fun this banter era, has it?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 2397 viewsBluefish

Lambert probably spent that much getting Quaner here last season. Probably best we put it towards debt payments instead this time.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 2396 viewschicoazul

Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:39 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....and when he is it will be sporadic.

The only vaguely positive thing to take from this is that Lambert insisted on playing Judge out of position anyway, so we were never going to see any real influence from him on the pitch.

He made it clear when he came here that one of the reasons he left Brentford was that when he did play it was always out wide.

Good point is good point. Have you seen much of el Miz so far...?

It was a good move for him.... on 10:43 - Jul 22 with 2390 viewsBloots

Yes there is.... on 10:41 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we kept him, I am sure that come the start of the season his mind would be back on it and he would perform.

....this will be a good move for Judge.

The players hold all the cards in these situations.

He'll leave and there is nothing that a club with no money can do about it.

Yes there is.... on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 2388 viewsBobbychase

Yes there is.... on 10:41 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed. This is how player power gets out of control. "Oh he wants to go so we should let him." Feck off. He signed a contract and we need him.

Big week for Evans now. 12,000 season tickets sold on the back of promising signs like signing Judge, 3,000 fans at Colchester and Burton sold out. This optimism will be punctured very quickly indeed if he gets this wrong.

wishful thinking on 10:44 - Jul 22 with 2377 viewsDyland

wishful thinking on 10:42 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

Nouble looked good when I saw him play a couple times last season!

That's as may be Chickers.

It would be a typically ITFC thing to happen.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:45 - Jul 22 with 2374 viewsRegencyBlue

If Judge is sold it just confirms the complete lack of ambition for the club from Evans. Judge should rip this League up and was one of the main reasons I renewed my season ticket.

If he wants to go then that’s tough! It was clear where we were headed when he signed and if he had any doubts he shouldn’t have signed on the dotted line!
Yeah, quite a bit.... on 10:45 - Jul 22 with 2367 viewsBloots

Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:43 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

....got the attributes, not sure he's ready for a full season in the 3rd Division though.

We may be forced to use him more than we wanted, but he's decent.

Expect he'll get injured before the season starts anyway.

Rock n roll.

Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 2361 viewsBobbychase

Lankester isn't fit.... on 10:43 - Jul 22 by chicoazul

I think he's one we can get excited about but watching Benjamin Bloom's report from Col U he said he was impressive but knackered after 25 minutes. We can't expect players like him to plug the gap Judge would leave, nor should Evans be considering that.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:49 - Jul 22 with 2325 viewsBluefish

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:45 - Jul 22 by RegencyBlue

If Judge is sold it just confirms the complete lack of ambition for the club from Evans. Judge should rip this League up and was one of the main reasons I renewed my season ticket.

If he wants to go then that’s tough! It was clear where we were headed when he signed and if he had any doubts he shouldn’t have signed on the dotted line!

You understand that this is being driven by the player and not the owner looking to sell don't you?

QPR can offer him a big pay rise and he can play in a division higher for his favourite manager while being near his home. It is a no brainer for the player.

Forcing players to stay really doesn't work out well for any club and very few do it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It was a good move for him.... on 10:52 - Jul 22 with 2300 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was a good move for him.... on 10:43 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....this will be a good move for Judge.

The players hold all the cards in these situations.

He'll leave and there is nothing that a club with no money can do about it.

The club can refuse the bids, its easy.

Unless his contract says differently.

OR, they make an offer that is at an acceptable level.

We cant let one of our best players leave for peanuts.

They may as well offer £250k for Norwood if we cant stop players leaving.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You do know who... on 10:56 - Jul 22 with 2272 viewsBloots

It was a good move for him.... on 10:52 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

The club can refuse the bids, its easy.

Unless his contract says differently.

OR, they make an offer that is at an acceptable level.

We cant let one of our best players leave for peanuts.

They may as well offer £250k for Norwood if we cant stop players leaving.

...our owner is don't you?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 11:07 - Jul 22 with 2231 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:49 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

You understand that this is being driven by the player and not the owner looking to sell don't you?

QPR can offer him a big pay rise and he can play in a division higher for his favourite manager while being near his home. It is a no brainer for the player.

Forcing players to stay really doesn't work out well for any club and very few do it

Letting one of your best players go for next to nothing doesn't work out well.

Yeah, quite a bit.... on 11:14 - Jul 22 with 2205 viewschicoazul

Yeah, quite a bit.... on 10:45 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....got the attributes, not sure he's ready for a full season in the 3rd Division though.

We may be forced to use him more than we wanted, but he's decent.

Expect he'll get injured before the season starts anyway.

Rock n roll.

thank you luv. what's this guy Dobra like too? Don't worry, I wont now give you a list of players i want full scouting reports on.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 11:25 - Jul 22 with 2174 viewsMach_foreignBlue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:26 - Jul 22 by Nazemariner

We are just waiting for an offer that isn't insulting and he's gone.

£750k ought to do it.

Irrelevant because whether it is £750k or any other sum it won't be re-invested in the first 11.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024