Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... 10:19 - Jul 22 with 12912 viewsSomethingBlue

... according to Nixon, who has been right on this story from the beginning so it would take a fool to reject out of hand. I suspect this ends with him leaving, to be honest. And gives us a hell of a problem for the season's early months with no Bishop and an unreliable Huws, as well as Lankester/Judge/Edwards all well off. I say it again: we just can't have nice things anymore.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:21]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:15 - Jul 22 with 2438 viewsitfcjoe

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:11 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

Yep, agree with all. I am very worried. Not panicking, but deeply apprehensive. We must not - and I still think should not - fcuk up this season but it looks as if we are giving ourselves every chance to.

It's jut the frustration that you can see it coming - I don't think we are going to crash and burn by any means, there is too much quality for that, but if we don't go up it will be a failure and we aren't giving ourselves the best opportunity to do that, not by a long shot - and it wouldn't cost much* to greatly improve our chances

*In football terms, another £1.5m-£2m in the budget when we can put it in before SMCP kicks in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 13:17 - Jul 22 with 2427 viewsRyorry

It'll rumble on for a few weeks yet..... on 10:30 - Jul 22 by Bloots

....I reckon.

Then he'll go for about £600K and we won't get a replacement in.

If ME runs to form, this is 100% correct

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 2408 viewsSomethingBlue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:15 - Jul 22 by itfcjoe

It's jut the frustration that you can see it coming - I don't think we are going to crash and burn by any means, there is too much quality for that, but if we don't go up it will be a failure and we aren't giving ourselves the best opportunity to do that, not by a long shot - and it wouldn't cost much* to greatly improve our chances

*In football terms, another £1.5m-£2m in the budget when we can put it in before SMCP kicks in

Yep. "Fcuking up" means not going up, for me, because we are then quite possibly down there for a long stint and it will kill the club as we know it (if that hasn't happened already). The approach we are seeing is the difference between a real go at automatic promotion and a fair shot at the play-offs. It's not enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:22 - Jul 22 with 2400 viewschristiand

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unless it hits;

1. An agreed release clause

or

2. At least £1m+

We need to resist.

I am fed up of us risking the future of our club just because a player 'wants to leave'.

We need to stand our ground, and do what is best for Ipswich Town FC. With Bishop injured, we need to keep hold of Judge.

Spot on MM. ME should say to QPR's representatives we value him at £1m+, put up or shut up! I'd also say to AJ give us this season we could well be back in the Championship by May, if not then you can leave.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:26 - Jul 22 with 2384 viewsbraveblue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:25 - Jul 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unless it hits;

1. An agreed release clause

or

2. At least £1m+

We need to resist.

I am fed up of us risking the future of our club just because a player 'wants to leave'.

We need to stand our ground, and do what is best for Ipswich Town FC. With Bishop injured, we need to keep hold of Judge.

So why sell for £1m plus? None of it will go towards a replacement of similar quality.
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:27 - Jul 22 with 2384 viewsRyorry

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 12:47 - Jul 22 by Keaneish

Given the work the club have done to get him and retain him even with relegation has been fantastic. This business and Judge's performances are part of the reason season ticket sales have done well and there's been a bit of optimism.

To openly state in the media that he's integral to the most important season in our club's history puts faith in him in the public domain so to accept a deal to sell for any sum would be hugely insulting.

If this IS seen as a way to recoup losses by ME and it comes to fruition i feel it may have a huge ripple effect for PL, the squad and the mood inside PR.

Ridiculous isn't it. Talk about a false economy.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 2359 viewsJ2BLUE

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:27 - Jul 22 by Ryorry

Ridiculous isn't it. Talk about a false economy.

For a successful businessman Evans' management of the club has been shambolic. Every time we sell a player and replace him with an inferior player the depths we can fall increase and our ceiling lowers. Now we're in league one. Who could have seen that coming?!?!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We'd ask for £400k.... on 13:35 - Jul 22 with 2336 viewsBloots

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 12:53 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

Selling him would be peak Ipswich. Maybe we should ask for a million and throw Norwood in. We got him for free so it would be great business.

....and throw Norwood in.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:37 - Jul 22 with 2328 viewsRyorry

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:32 - Jul 22 by J2BLUE

For a successful businessman Evans' management of the club has been shambolic. Every time we sell a player and replace him with an inferior player the depths we can fall increase and our ceiling lowers. Now we're in league one. Who could have seen that coming?!?!

I've always foud it hard to comprehend how ME can be described as a "successful businessman" when his business is the hospitality industry, yet Portman Road is shabby, has needed cleaning up & painting for years (which needn't cost a huge amount to do), the catering & bars are an expensive disgrace, and ticket prices & deals are very unappealing!

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:38 - Jul 22 with 2327 viewschicoazul

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:21 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

Yep. "Fcuking up" means not going up, for me, because we are then quite possibly down there for a long stint and it will kill the club as we know it (if that hasn't happened already). The approach we are seeing is the difference between a real go at automatic promotion and a fair shot at the play-offs. It's not enough.

The club as most of us knew it *is* dead though. In its' place is a zombie.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:47 - Jul 22 with 2299 viewstractorboy1978

If we've placed a value of anything less than £2m on his head then we need putting down. And I think even that is low. It is not about market value, it is about his value to us.
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 2284 viewsArnieM

Judge clearly has had his head turned. What price loyalty eh!!

Feck off then !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 17:59 - Jul 22 with 2187 viewsbrogansnose

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:21 - Jul 22 by SomethingBlue

This is the season when Evans has to ' lump on ' if we are to go back up. The repercussions of that will be enormous for our future.

There's only so many interviews that Evans can do and only so many managers he can use as a shield before he really gets it coming his way.
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 18:41 - Jul 22 with 2150 viewsChocorange

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 13:47 - Jul 22 by tractorboy1978

If we've placed a value of anything less than £2m on his head then we need putting down. And I think even that is low. It is not about market value, it is about his value to us.

I agree, Judge gives us a whole lot ( know how , free kicks, being in the refs ear, experience) that we don't have. If we are to sell, we need funds to get a suitable replacement.

Which brings me to the next part of the problem, attracting the right calibrate of player.

We haven't been able to attract good players in the past, as a league 1 team with little or no funds, who are we going to attract now?

We have already been turned down by a bury winger and now a bury defender we were linked with is training with a team where there is no guarantee he will ever be paid .

It's great getting Norwood , but how many Norwoods are there in league 2? Ready to play for a top end league 1 or hopefully championship team .
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 18:51 - Jul 22 with 2119 viewsTrequartista

I like the way some are seeing this as a tipping point if he goes. We've had about 10 tipping points in the last few years, you'll just come back for more punishment without a single note of protest.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 18:51]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 18:53 - Jul 22 with 2109 viewsTrequartista

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 12:42 - Jul 22 by linhdi

Shame, but great business by ITFC. Signed on a free, and sold for half a million within weeks...

Big chance for Dozzell and El Mis, who looked very bright v ColU.

Incredible comment.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 19:26 - Jul 22 with 2054 viewsBluefish

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 18:53 - Jul 22 by Trequartista

Incredible comment.

Or just non emotional reality

Some of you really need to get a grip with modern football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 19:30 - Jul 22 with 2037 viewssuffolkpoker

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 18:53 - Jul 22 by Trequartista

Incredible comment.

Didn’t we have t pay a nominal fee
For judge? People keep saying free...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 19:34 - Jul 22 with 2028 viewsTrequartista

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 19:26 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

Or just non emotional reality

Some of you really need to get a grip with modern football

I get the reality that he may be sold, given the disaster that has happened, it's the spin that somehow the profit we've made is of any benefit to the team and therefore the supporters, that is incredible.

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 19:42 - Jul 22 with 2010 viewsyorkshire

I genuinely think that people don't understand how much players (and agents) have these days. If Judge or Dozzell want to leave then there is a good chance that they will.

Judge especially has very limited connection to this club - the pro's of a better contract (presumably), a move back to London and a chance to play in a higher division means that he is bound to want to take that option. I am sure he is grateful to Ipswich for the faith they showed in him but the pro's far outweigh staying - and realistically if most of you applied this to your current job then I am sure you would take a deal to move on too

Dozzell does have more of a connection with this club for sure - but then who are we to stand in the way of one of our own when given the chance to play Prem football - hopefully it isn't with Norwich but surely he deserves the chance (I actually think Prem football will suit his game more)

Norwood is a prime example of us doing this to other clubs - Tranmere and their fans didn't want him to leave and he had a massive connection to the club - but he was offered a much better deal to come and play here and rightly took it
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 20:02 - Jul 22 with 1966 viewsjas0999

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 10:22 - Jul 22 by Swansea_Blue

This was always likely to happen. It may still not of course, but I'm surprised there hasn't been interest in one or two others as well (Bart especially; even though he didn't have a particularly good year last year, his quality for the Championship is well known).

Bart unlikely to pass a medical otherwise he would be elsewhere by now. Knee trouble.
£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 20:06 - Jul 22 with 1955 viewsatlanticblue

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 20:02 - Jul 22 by jas0999

Bart unlikely to pass a medical otherwise he would be elsewhere by now. Knee trouble.

Judge has taken one look at the squad and is getting out whilst the going is good
Penny wise and pound foolish on 06:53 - Jul 23 with 1721 viewsScottCandage

£450k bid rejected for Judge and he wants to go ... on 12:42 - Jul 22 by linhdi

Shame, but great business by ITFC. Signed on a free, and sold for half a million within weeks...

Big chance for Dozzell and El Mis, who looked very bright v ColU.

That's how the phrase goes, right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024