Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re: Dozzell 09:09 - Jul 23 with 2917 viewsblueysbackside

To those of you who have watched him regularly....

Putting aside the Norwich talk, has he done enough to justify a new deal?

Whenever I have watched him he seems too lightweight. People seem to be arguing he should be staying cos this league will be some sort of cakewalk for our talented youngsters.

Please enlighten me
Re: Dozzell on 09:11 - Jul 23 with 2539 viewsGarv

One of those players who if you put him in a premier league team he would probably look better. He'd have time to play the kind of passes he can. If he has protection around him he can shine. Obviously you don't want him getting into a midfield battle.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Re: Dozzell on 09:11 - Jul 23 with 2536 viewstextbackup

as a club we want to keep our better players, why wouldn't we want to offer him a deal to stay here..... but even more so if we have to sell him get him on a deal which pushes that price up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Re: Dozzell on 09:12 - Jul 23 with 2525 viewsitfcjoe

Surely the fact that PL teams still want to buy him make it fairly obvious that whatever your opinion he has a value that needs to be protected by offering a longer contract?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Re: Dozzell on 09:12 - Jul 23 with 2529 viewshomer_123

Hes a player who can genuinely change a game. Hes got an eye for a pass but.....questions remain on:

1. Physicality
2. Fitness
3. Whether we have the players to benefit from his ability....sometimes hes working at another level

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Re: Dozzell on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 2503 viewstextbackup

Re: Dozzell on 09:12 - Jul 23 by homer_123

Hes a player who can genuinely change a game. Hes got an eye for a pass but.....questions remain on:

1. Physicality
2. Fitness
3. Whether we have the players to benefit from his ability....sometimes hes working at another level

I think norwood will quickly learn what he's all about, and that could work a treat

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Re: Dozzell on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 2500 viewsN2_Blue

Bit too much hype about him but the hope is the potential that is there. Remember the kid Byron Lawrence people used to go on about....it doesn’t always happen.
He should definitely be given a new deal on standard terms as he has promise still and hopefully he fully gets over the injury and bulks up a bit.
But personally I wouldn’t be crying if he rejected the deal and left, just disappointed he never made it here.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Re: Dozzell on 09:16 - Jul 23 with 2492 viewshomer_123

Re: Dozzell on 09:15 - Jul 23 by textbackup

I think norwood will quickly learn what he's all about, and that could work a treat

Here's hoping.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Re: Dozzell on 09:17 - Jul 23 with 2474 viewshampstead_blue

Re: Dozzell on 09:15 - Jul 23 by textbackup

I hope so.

However I think L1 is more about physicality than lithe, deft players.

If something comes in I think he will go. I don't blame him nor should we.
A young lad with a promising career ahead. He ought to have the ambition to maximise himself and move up the ladder.

Sometimes we tag a player as lacking ambition, well if AD has ambition then we should applaud it and wish him well.

Pragmatic view on transfers rather than emotional.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Re: Dozzell on 09:25 - Jul 23 with 2435 viewsmonty_radio

For me, when a player can delight with a single pass or a "spot" that most would never visualise, he immediately gains attention and hope. But when Man Utd are currently tipping a 17 yr-old to sharpen their attacking threat this season, Andre's time is passing him and us by.

There have always been such players, Mark Brennan, Brendan O'Callaghan, Bobby Petta - you hope and you hope, but perhaps taking the money is a more solid bet.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Re: Dozzell on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 2432 viewsTractorJack

I see comments on his age and an expectation for him to be further along but I think people forget how little first team football he's actually played - that year out has made a dent in his progress, as it would for any young player. Even last season he was only given a run of starts once we were relegated. Despite that, in a poorly performing team, his passing is still very good and there's proof

The physical/defensive side can be taught. I'm certain he'll improve.
Re: Dozzell on 09:29 - Jul 23 with 2410 viewsLeoMuff

Re: Dozzell on 09:17 - Jul 23 by hampstead_blue

I hope so.

However I think L1 is more about physicality than lithe, deft players.

If something comes in I think he will go. I don't blame him nor should we.
A young lad with a promising career ahead. He ought to have the ambition to maximise himself and move up the ladder.

Sometimes we tag a player as lacking ambition, well if AD has ambition then we should applaud it and wish him well.

Pragmatic view on transfers rather than emotional.

Fine if he goes but not to them, I can’t believe any Dozzell would be ok with that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Re: Dozzell on 09:34 - Jul 23 with 2387 viewsNazemariner

We should definitely be trying to tie him down to a longer deal. Whether he'll sign it or not is another matter.

He is far from the finished article, as many have highlighted, but he has an eye for a forward pass that is of Premier League quality that is for sure.

Unfortunately, being that we reside in League 1, if a reasonable offer comes in, and the player fancies the move, it'll be bye, bye Andre!
Re: Dozzell on 09:35 - Jul 23 with 2382 viewsSaigonTractor

The boy clearly has potential.

If we got rid of him I'm 100% sure he'd be the next Rhodes/Marriot we let escape our academy.

Also I don't care if they offer us 100mil, we shouldn't entertain any offers from Norwich.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 9:38]
Re: Dozzell on 09:38 - Jul 23 with 2353 viewstitanicclown

He provides a real dilema.
His speed of thought and passing is of international standard.
However, his defensive work is of amateur standard.
If his defensive work improves (and he has beefed up) then weve got a superstar on our hands. If it doesnt then I fear his career will drift.

If he is seriously contemplating a move to a prem club, I worry he is underestimating the work he has to. Because of injuries he will probably start the season for us so he should be getting his head down, working on his defending and nail his spot down.

After a couple of weeks he'll have Huws and Nolan breathing down his neck. Both have a more complete set of skills so it should be a brilliant challenge for Dozzell.
If hes not motivated by the competition then that raises a whole lot of other questions about him.
Re: Dozzell on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 2344 viewstrncbluearmy

Re: Dozzell on 09:29 - Jul 23 by LeoMuff

Fine if he goes but not to them, I can’t believe any Dozzell would be ok with that.

especially TS!

But seriously a Dozzell,as you say,playing for the scum is unthinkable.

If a decent prem club came in with a massive offer, say £5m plus and some good add on`s then maybe, but the real problem is all the money we get for TV`s goes into the general pot rather then earmarked for transfers so as fans we never see any benefit from it
Re: Dozzell on 09:42 - Jul 23 with 2327 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think anyone has said this league will be a 'cakewalk', but if any of our better youngsters cant compete at this level, then they don't have a bright future in the game.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Re: Dozzell on 09:50 - Jul 23 with 2288 viewsBloomBlue

He's young and physically still developing same as Kieron Dyer at the same age, Kieron would bounce off some of the old pro midfielders, but he developed physicality as will Dozzell.

George Burley was the same when he first played as a youngster for Town, few players are built like Bramble or Beattie in their late teens/early 20s.

Clubs buy players on potential.
Re: Dozzell on 09:56 - Jul 23 with 2244 viewsBent_double

Re: Dozzell on 09:29 - Jul 23 by LeoMuff

Exactly, surely Dozy still has contacts at Spurs, they would be a better fit. Shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of playing for the scum.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Re: Dozzell on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 2204 viewsdavblue

Re: Dozzell on 09:50 - Jul 23 by BloomBlue

He's young and physically still developing same as Kieron Dyer at the same age, Kieron would bounce off some of the old pro midfielders, but he developed physicality as will Dozzell.

George Burley was the same when he first played as a youngster for Town, few players are built like Bramble or Beattie in their late teens/early 20s.

Clubs buy players on potential.

Dyer was far in advance of Dozzell at their respective ages, there's no comparison imo.
Re: Dozzell on 10:29 - Jul 23 with 2080 viewsBloomBlue

Re: Dozzell on 10:04 - Jul 23 by davblue

Dyer was far in advance of Dozzell at their respective ages, there's no comparison imo.

Nah Dyer was still bouncing off players at 20 / 21 and dont forget Dozzell lost a season because of that injury.
Re: Dozzell on 12:00 - Jul 23 with 1911 viewsBlueBadger

Re: Dozzell on 10:29 - Jul 23 by BloomBlue

Nah Dyer was still bouncing off players at 20 / 21 and dont forget Dozzell lost a season because of that injury.

And most of last season because of not one, but two terrible managers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Re: Dozzell on 12:04 - Jul 23 with 1895 viewsStokieBlue

That's not my recollection - Dyer was a far better player at the same age from what we have seen.

He played for the full England side at 21 which would kind of dispute your point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Re: Dozzell on 12:38 - Jul 23 with 1821 viewsArnieM

Dozzell undoubtably has that killer pass on him . BUT for the majority of the games he’s played inyou just don’t notice him. He’s not exactly running the midfield . Let’s be clear here, he’s not actually a kid anymore, and I do wonder if he may take a couple of seasons to recoup from his injury. At championship and league one levels I’d say he’s definitely lightweight, and almost a luxury. In the PL players have to everything in their game . Not sure he’s got that in his locker.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Re: Dozzell on 12:52 - Jul 23 with 1784 viewsSE1blue

Even though Dyer was slight he could easily outfox players and leave them behind, so his size was of little issue at times.

Dozzell is good but I’d have Dyer every time.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Re: Dozzell on 12:56 - Jul 23 with 1765 viewsitfcjoe

Re: Dozzell on 12:52 - Jul 23 by SE1blue

Even though Dyer was slight he could easily outfox players and leave them behind, so his size was of little issue at times.

Dozzell is good but I’d have Dyer every time.

Dyer was also so fast off the mark

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024