Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR... 09:24 - Jul 23 with 2280 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Warburton was appointed 6 weeks ago.

If they wanted Judge, they should have bid £1m in mid May.

If they wanted him, then they should have made their move earlier. Not with 2 weeks of the window left.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

QPR... on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 2057 viewsmojo

But presumably it was dependent on the Freeman sale?
QPR... on 09:29 - Jul 23 with 2031 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR... on 09:26 - Jul 23 by mojo

In two senses, they had no money before then and they had no vacancy.
QPR... on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 2024 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Which was completed 3 weeks ago, so they could have tabled a serious offer 4 weeks ago when that was in the offing.

To be fair, if they are relying on a player sale for a £1m purchase (or a £450k purchase in their eyes), then they are in the sh1t.

...if that's their financial position, then I'm not sure its a dream move.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

QPR... on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 2023 viewsSwansea_Blue

That tends to be how these things work. The timing is frustrating, but not uncommon at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR... on 09:30 - Jul 23 with 2018 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 09:29 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

In two senses, they had no money before then and they had no vacancy.

In both instances they have had at least 4 weeks to get this deal done.

They have been fannying around for too long.

QPR... on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 2009 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 09:30 - Jul 23 by Swansea_Blue

That tends to be how these things work. The timing is frustrating, but not uncommon at all.

Thats where we need to be strong and tell them to f*ck off.

I'm fed up of us rolling over 'because thats how things work'.

Its no different to any other walk of life...... pay the money that gets the deal done, or walk away and stop watsing everyones time.

QPR... on 09:57 - Jul 23 with 1944 viewshomer_123

Hes a very decent player and should be very good at this level but...he hardly ripped up trees.

If he wants to go...let him....no good having players here who dont want to be here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

QPR... on 10:00 - Jul 23 with 1921 viewsGuthrum

QPR... on 09:30 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

In both instances they have had at least 4 weeks to get this deal done.

They have been fannying around for too long.

If it was a strightforward, snap decision on one person's authority, maybe. But how many organisations will make significant budget commitments without extensive research and deliberation? And who doesn't want to secure a bargain? Especially as their deadline is still a fortnight away (our ability to replace the sold player is not their problem).

The advantage for us of their tardiness is that they may simply run out of time by going too slowly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

QPR... on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 1893 viewsbobbyramsey

Rebuff the bid, if he kicks off make him train wiv de yoofs.................
QPR... on 10:10 - Jul 23 with 1861 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:04 - Jul 23 by bobbyramsey

Rebuff the bid, if he kicks off make him train wiv de yoofs.................

He wont kick off.

QPR... on 10:12 - Jul 23 with 1849 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR... on 09:32 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats where we need to be strong and tell them to f*ck off.

I'm fed up of us rolling over 'because thats how things work'.

Its no different to any other walk of life...... pay the money that gets the deal done, or walk away and stop watsing everyones time.

So when we go looking for a replacement (if he happens to be in a club already), you hope they tell us to f*ck off?

No, of course you wouldn't. Maybe ME will tell them to clear off, we'll have to wait and see. Bottom line is we're fairly low down in the food chain these days and will be dancing to the tune of clubs above us (same as we took players from L1 and 2 clubs last year).

QPR... on 10:13 - Jul 23 with 1848 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:00 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

If it was a strightforward, snap decision on one person's authority, maybe. But how many organisations will make significant budget commitments without extensive research and deliberation? And who doesn't want to secure a bargain? Especially as their deadline is still a fortnight away (our ability to replace the sold player is not their problem).

The advantage for us of their tardiness is that they may simply run out of time by going too slowly.

Our ability to replace the player is their problem. i.e. it means we don't sell.

You have to weigh up the desire to get a bargain, v the desire to land the deal.

Its a simple commercial decision. A well run business (especially one that works in competitive situations) should be set up to make a quick decision. If not, they are badly run.

As for research etc, their manager worked with Judge for an extensive period of time.

We can try to make this complicated..... but it really isn't.

We need to squash this and tell them to do one.

QPR... on 10:14 - Jul 23 with 1836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:12 - Jul 23 by Swansea_Blue

So when we go looking for a replacement (if he happens to be in a club already), you hope they tell us to f*ck off?

No, of course you wouldn't. Maybe ME will tell them to clear off, we'll have to wait and see. Bottom line is we're fairly low down in the food chain these days and will be dancing to the tune of clubs above us (same as we took players from L1 and 2 clubs last year).

No, I wouldn't hope they tell us to eff off..... but I would increasingly expect them to!!

Why shouldnt they? Peterborough would!!

QPR... on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 1779 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR... on 10:14 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, I wouldn't hope they tell us to eff off..... but I would increasingly expect them to!!

Why shouldnt they? Peterborough would!!

That's true enough!

QPR... on 10:31 - Jul 23 with 1741 viewsGuthrum

QPR... on 10:13 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Our ability to replace the player is their problem. i.e. it means we don't sell.

You have to weigh up the desire to get a bargain, v the desire to land the deal.

Its a simple commercial decision. A well run business (especially one that works in competitive situations) should be set up to make a quick decision. If not, they are badly run.

As for research etc, their manager worked with Judge for an extensive period of time.

We can try to make this complicated..... but it really isn't.

We need to squash this and tell them to do one.

How many football clubs are "well run"? Seems remarkably few.

Perhaps they're trading on the fact that we have been relegated, budgets are reduced and we might be desperate to sell. Especially with Bialkowski's Millwall move having broken down.

Perhaps we might be.

QPR... on 10:36 - Jul 23 with 1722 viewsPhilTWTD

QPR... on 10:31 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

Perhaps they're trading on the fact that we have been relegated, budgets are reduced and we might be desperate to sell. Especially with Bialkowski's Millwall move having broken down.

Perhaps we might be.

And perhaps we might be by the player evidently being keen on the move.
QPR... on 10:37 - Jul 23 with 1710 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:31 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

Perhaps we might be.

"How many football clubs are "well run"? Seems remarkably few."

That's no excuse.

I might try that next time I lose out on buying a site. Can I make my offer later, and low... because I am disorganised?

I dont think we are desperate enough to start selling players for relatively small fee's. We have had good money from Mings, Clark etc, and players wages have gone down significantly.

I dont think we are so desperate that we need to take £450k for one of our best players.

QPR... on 10:39 - Jul 23 with 1700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:36 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

And perhaps we might be by the player evidently being keen on the move.

That shouldnt be a factor.

A decision should be made on the clubs priorities, not the players'.

Judge has said that he would not look to force a move, and would not throw his toys out of the pram. So on that basis, we are not pressured to sell him.

QPR... on 10:45 - Jul 23 with 1660 viewsGuthrum

QPR... on 10:37 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's no excuse.

I might try that next time I lose out on buying a site. Can I make my offer later, and low... because I am disorganised?

I dont think we are desperate enough to start selling players for relatively small fee's. We have had good money from Mings, Clark etc, and players wages have gone down significantly.

I dont think we are so desperate that we need to take £450k for one of our best players.

We clearly haven't, if reports are accurate. However, £750k to £1m might be tempting.

No excuse, but does reflect the reality of the tangled and sometimes murky situations which appear to surround football transfers at the highest levels (c.f. all the stuff which has come out about Sala).

QPR... on 10:50 - Jul 23 with 1617 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QPR... on 10:45 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

We clearly haven't, if reports are accurate. However, £750k to £1m might be tempting.

No excuse, but does reflect the reality of the tangled and sometimes murky situations which appear to surround football transfers at the highest levels (c.f. all the stuff which has come out about Sala).

To be fair, if they for to £1m it would sit a bit better, but still wouldnt be ideal.

at £450k, we are probably just covering our costs, so whats the point.

I'd still rather that we refuse. We refused the McGoldrick offer from Leicester, so no reason we cant do the same.

QPR... on 12:27 - Jul 23 with 1460 viewsWickets

QPR... on 10:39 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

That shouldnt be a factor.

A decision should be made on the clubs priorities, not the players'.

Judge has said that he would not look to force a move, and would not throw his toys out of the pram. So on that basis, we are not pressured to sell him.

Totally agree no way should we allow Alan to move on . Much too important to have him in our side so as we can have a successful season . That must be worth more than the cash to the owner the manager the players and us fans .
QPR... on 12:30 - Jul 23 with 1440 viewshadleighboyblue

QPR... on 10:10 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

He wont kick off.

Make him skipper , it's time we replaced Chambers in that on pitch role . Make Chambers club captain .

If Judge likes that added responsibility and wants to stay , tell QPR to do one
QPR... on 14:54 - Jul 23 with 1290 viewssuffolkpoker

QPR... on 10:50 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, if they for to £1m it would sit a bit better, but still wouldnt be ideal.

at £450k, we are probably just covering our costs, so whats the point.

I'd still rather that we refuse. We refused the McGoldrick offer from Leicester, so no reason we cant do the same.

I recall it being £8m and Leicester went on to win the league.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

QPR... on 17:12 - Jul 23 with 1171 viewsmojo

QPR... on 10:37 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's no excuse.

We flogged Harrison for that
QPR... on 17:13 - Jul 23 with 1166 viewsmojo

QPR... on 12:30 - Jul 23 by hadleighboyblue

Make him skipper , it's time we replaced Chambers in that on pitch role . Make Chambers club captain .

If Judge likes that added responsibility and wants to stay , tell QPR to do one

Isn't too much made of captaincy? What do football captain's actually do? It is not like cricket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024