Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge wants out 21:53 - Jul 23 with 11561 viewsMullet

Can't blame him I guess, but it stings a bit. I don't deny his potential but he didn't do enough last season and we took the gamble on him when others wouldn't.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge wants out on 23:27 - Jul 23 with 2560 viewsJ2BLUE

Judge wants out on 23:23 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

That isn't the 'project' Lambert and Evans are talking about. Tho it is a stepping stone on the way.

I also don't think retaining Judge is the one thing which will make such a crucial difference to our success in that area. We may not manage it with him in the team; we can do it without.

What is the project Evans is talking about? Genuine question because all I see is him taking every opportunity to lower his financial input. Which is fine if he's honest about it but he clearly tries to spin it as following some sort of plan I'm genuinely interested what you think the plan is from Evans' perspective?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Judge wants out on 23:28 - Jul 23 with 2545 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 23:17 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

The issue is the money won't get re-invested in strengthening the squad - that IS Town's fault. The Judge scenario isn't but it wouldn't feel as nearly as bad if we knew the money would be spent on the squad rather than service Evans' debt.

The money will go towards a £9m drop in revenue on top of a £6m regular annual shortfall.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge wants out on 23:32 - Jul 23 with 2535 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Judge wants out on 22:18 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

I'm not sure if Lambert would sound so annoyed in his comments if him signing a contract was to give us something if he left in the summer. To me there's a real undertone to what he's saying.

Lambert is pissed with this -judge was the golden goose in div1!
But did judge ever play in his favoured position?

Is Johnny Williams still available
Judge wants out on 23:33 - Jul 23 with 2526 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 23:28 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

The money will go towards a £9m drop in revenue on top of a £6m regular annual shortfall.

You mean the £9m that's already been accounted for with 45-50% wage cuts and the £2.5-3m from Mings/Clarke?
Judge wants out on 23:34 - Jul 23 with 2525 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 23:28 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

It's unexpected funding.

Evans wouldn't have budgeted for it so it's not needed for the day-to-day running of the club across the season. He has a choice - try and give the fans a bit of optimism towards the season by showing he is willing to go ever-so-slightly above and beyond what is necessary or just bank it and hope Lambert, or whoever may replace him come the end of the year, can work a miracle on a squad which is steadily losing quality even at League One level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge wants out on 23:36 - Jul 23 with 2516 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Judge wants out on 23:32 - Jul 23 by BtreeBlueBlood

Lambert is pissed with this -judge was the golden goose in div1!
But did judge ever play in his favoured position?

Is Johnny Williams still available

A couple of times, but if Lambert wants to play 4-2-3-1 then that means Judge playing wide left. The very position he said he was fed up with playing when he signed in January.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Judge wants out on 23:38 - Jul 23 with 2502 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 23:34 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

It's unexpected funding.

Evans wouldn't have budgeted for it so it's not needed for the day-to-day running of the club across the season. He has a choice - try and give the fans a bit of optimism towards the season by showing he is willing to go ever-so-slightly above and beyond what is necessary or just bank it and hope Lambert, or whoever may replace him come the end of the year, can work a miracle on a squad which is steadily losing quality even at League One level.

Unexpected funding? I imagine we'd have thought that we might sell one or two players upon dropping to League 1. Plus that doesn't alter the shortfall. And we haven't sold Judge yet. Or failed to reinvest the money. In fact the hand wringing here is utterly baseless isn't it?

Judge wants out on 23:40 - Jul 23 with 2503 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 23:38 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Unexpected funding? I imagine we'd have thought that we might sell one or two players upon dropping to League 1. Plus that doesn't alter the shortfall. And we haven't sold Judge yet. Or failed to reinvest the money. In fact the hand wringing here is utterly baseless isn't it?

There is no shortfall. As has been discussed various times on here, the wage cuts, coupled with the sell-on fees this summer will have more than covered the fall in TV revenue from £7m to £700k.
Login to get fewer ads

Judge wants out on 23:42 - Jul 23 with 2486 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 23:40 - Jul 23 by portmanking

There is no shortfall. As has been discussed various times on here, the wage cuts, coupled with the sell-on fees this summer will have more than covered the fall in TV revenue from £7m to £700k.

Oh phew, that's a relief.

Judge wants out on 23:43 - Jul 23 with 2490 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 23:40 - Jul 23 by portmanking

And the best way to handle any loss would be to take the best chance we have to get promoted, which is basically 2019/2020, and seize it with both hands. Not try and get by in the division and hope Lady Luck smiles on us. Admittedly there's very little we can do about injuries but we have areas of the squad which desperately need reinforcement which something could be done about with a degree of financial support.

Judge wants out on 23:45 - Jul 23 with 2486 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 23:42 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Oh phew, that's a relief.

So what's your point then? It IS unexpected funding that must be spent on replacing Judge otherwise the team is unnecessarily weakened out of Lambert's hands.

The buck stops with Evans. As I said on here a few days ago, Evans' financial commitment to our club hasn't been in line with our standing/status as a club for some time, but now he's dragging our club down to his level and that should not be acceptable to any Town fan.
Judge wants out on 23:49 - Jul 23 with 2466 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 23:45 - Jul 23 by portmanking

So what's your point then? It IS unexpected funding that must be spent on replacing Judge otherwise the team is unnecessarily weakened out of Lambert's hands.

The buck stops with Evans. As I said on here a few days ago, Evans' financial commitment to our club hasn't been in line with our standing/status as a club for some time, but now he's dragging our club down to his level and that should not be acceptable to any Town fan.

How much per season would be acceptable for a club of our stature in your view?

Judge wants out on 23:53 - Jul 23 with 2469 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 23:49 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

How much per season would be acceptable for a club of our stature in your view?

Spending that kept us an attractive, competitive Championship club with aspirations for the top flight, which we have always been (at least) for more than two generations.
Judge wants out on 23:54 - Jul 23 with 2467 viewsSeablu

Judge wants out on 22:17 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

By getting us - at least a fair chunk of - a million quid for a free transfer? Even if that doesn't go into the transfer kitty (might pay for a decent young Prem loan), all helps to keep the club afloat.

'Even if that doesn't go into the transfer kitty'

Do you seriously think there's a small chance it will?
Judge wants out on 00:01 - Jul 24 with 2458 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 23:54 - Jul 23 by Seablu

'Even if that doesn't go into the transfer kitty'

Do you seriously think there's a small chance it will?

Yes, but more likely wages/signing fee for a free transfer or loan.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Judge wants out on 00:02 - Jul 24 with 2457 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 23:23 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

That isn't the 'project' Lambert and Evans are talking about. Tho it is a stepping stone on the way.

I also don't think retaining Judge is the one thing which will make such a crucial difference to our success in that area. We may not manage it with him in the team; we can do it without.

Sorry... the academy is a more important project than promotion from the third division?

We might be sandwiched midtable between Accrington and Rochdale but we have a thriving championship level youth system...

Oh happy days... will you just look at the thousands upon thousands of empty blue seats.

Don't buy what they say publicly is my advice plus I would not let Judge go ... he'd get over it....once promoted he would be free to leave.
Judge wants out on 00:06 - Jul 24 with 2450 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 23:27 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

What is the project Evans is talking about? Genuine question because all I see is him taking every opportunity to lower his financial input. Which is fine if he's honest about it but he clearly tries to spin it as following some sort of plan I'm genuinely interested what you think the plan is from Evans' perspective?

My interpretation of his plan is precisely that. Lowering the annual losses and building the team as a long-term project, centered around the output from our academy, leavened with a few experienced free transfers and long-established players. He's willing to pay for a decent manager and reasonable wages (for the level), but not expensive "star" players.

Possibly because he's seen chasing that particular dragon has resulted in a number of clubs pretty much going bust.

Judge wants out on 00:08 - Jul 24 with 2448 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 00:06 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

My interpretation of his plan is precisely that. Lowering the annual losses and building the team as a long-term project, centered around the output from our academy, leavened with a few experienced free transfers and long-established players. He's willing to pay for a decent manager and reasonable wages (for the level), but not expensive "star" players.

Possibly because he's seen chasing that particular dragon has resulted in a number of clubs pretty much going bust.

And, in perhaps the only defensive post for Evans from me of the night, he tried signing so called 'quality' players when he first bought us and we went backwards rather than forwards.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 0:15]

Judge wants out on 00:09 - Jul 24 with 2447 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 00:02 - Jul 24 by Bluedandy

Sorry... the academy is a more important project than promotion from the third division?

We might be sandwiched midtable between Accrington and Rochdale but we have a thriving championship level youth system...

Oh happy days... will you just look at the thousands upon thousands of empty blue seats.

Don't buy what they say publicly is my advice plus I would not let Judge go ... he'd get over it....once promoted he would be free to leave.

Not the Academy, but building the team around its products. A team which is affordable, but still has some quality. Probably enough to get us out of League One.

Judge wants out on 00:14 - Jul 24 with 2443 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 00:08 - Jul 24 by pointofblue

And, in perhaps the only defensive post for Evans from me of the night, he tried signing so called 'quality' players when he first bought us and we went backwards rather than forwards.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 0:15]

I'm not saying the "plan" is uncritically the right one, nor do I think it will be enough to get us into the Prem. But it has an internal logic.

Judge wants out on 07:05 - Jul 24 with 2384 viewsKeaneish

Judge wants out on 22:05 - Jul 23 by Mullet

If you say so.

That says more about us as a team, and certain sections of our fanbase given he managed 1 assist and 0 goals.

And who was better? I see a lot of fans are pulling up stats now or lack of to justify him leaving to themselves. Losing Judge is a big blow, simple as that.

Not sure what your jibe about 'certain sections of the fan base' really means.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge wants out on 07:23 - Jul 24 with 2353 viewschristiand

Judge wants out on 23:13 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

How is this Town's fault?

Keystone cops at PR, no surprises there!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Judge wants out on 07:24 - Jul 24 with 2345 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 23:53 - Jul 23 by portmanking

Spending that kept us an attractive, competitive Championship club with aspirations for the top flight, which we have always been (at least) for more than two generations.

So how much then?

Judge wants out on 07:27 - Jul 24 with 2334 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 07:23 - Jul 24 by christiand

Keystone cops at PR, no surprises there!

How so? We can't control Judge wanting to go or QPR being interested in him. The only bit in our control was getting him under contract so he commands a fee, and we did that bit.

Judge wants out on 07:38 - Jul 24 with 2315 viewsRegencyBlue

Judge wants out on 07:24 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

So how much then?

More than Evans has been prepared to spend for the last five or six years for sure!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024