Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge wants out 21:53 - Jul 23 with 11648 viewsMullet

Can't blame him I guess, but it stings a bit. I don't deny his potential but he didn't do enough last season and we took the gamble on him when others wouldn't.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge wants out on 07:54 - Jul 24 with 1450 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 07:38 - Jul 24 by RegencyBlue

More than Evans has been prepared to spend for the last five or six years for sure!

But how much? Nobody ever seems willing to answer that. The other poster basically described wanting us to be like Derby have been over the past decades. They've spent tens and tens of millions to achieve that with a higher revenue stream than us. Should we be expecting ME to gave stuck in another £100m so we could have had a couple more tilts at the play offs?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge wants out on 08:09 - Jul 24 with 1422 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 07:54 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

But how much? Nobody ever seems willing to answer that. The other poster basically described wanting us to be like Derby have been over the past decades. They've spent tens and tens of millions to achieve that with a higher revenue stream than us. Should we be expecting ME to gave stuck in another £100m so we could have had a couple more tilts at the play offs?

I don't know how much, I'm not the expert. Evans is meant to be the expert in football club ownership and committing enough funds to maintain our proud status, but he was more than happy to turn the tap off over the last 3-4 years and let us die a slow death in the Championship.

At least at Derby they are owned by a passionate fan of the club in Mel Morris. We have a reclusive, Chelsea-lite toff who gifts the club with his presence once, maybe twice a month if we're lucky. The way our club has been allowed to drift is shambolic.
Judge wants out on 08:12 - Jul 24 with 1410 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:09 - Jul 24 by portmanking

I don't know how much, I'm not the expert. Evans is meant to be the expert in football club ownership and committing enough funds to maintain our proud status, but he was more than happy to turn the tap off over the last 3-4 years and let us die a slow death in the Championship.

At least at Derby they are owned by a passionate fan of the club in Mel Morris. We have a reclusive, Chelsea-lite toff who gifts the club with his presence once, maybe twice a month if we're lucky. The way our club has been allowed to drift is shambolic.

So you don't know how much, you just know it should be more, and maybe we should be like Derby. Thanks for clarifying your position.

Judge wants out on 08:15 - Jul 24 with 1405 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 08:12 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

So you don't know how much, you just know it should be more, and maybe we should be like Derby. Thanks for clarifying your position.

Well yes, frankly it should be more, shouldn't it? The people of Suffolk have been SO loyal to this club throughout the last decade, despite the never-ending disappointments and setbacks. We're a club that's not deserving of such hard times.

I'm not saying that we should 'copy' Derby's model, but I'm sure the Derby fans feel a much greater connect to one of their own in Morris than we do to an unknown corporate in Evans.
Judge wants out on 08:17 - Jul 24 with 1398 viewsGlasgowBlue

Am I the only person who thought that he flattered to deceive last season.

Make no mistake, on paper he’s a cut above anything in league one but it’s a team game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Judge wants out on 08:17 - Jul 24 with 1391 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:15 - Jul 24 by portmanking

Well yes, frankly it should be more, shouldn't it? The people of Suffolk have been SO loyal to this club throughout the last decade, despite the never-ending disappointments and setbacks. We're a club that's not deserving of such hard times.

I'm not saying that we should 'copy' Derby's model, but I'm sure the Derby fans feel a much greater connect to one of their own in Morris than we do to an unknown corporate in Evans.

Derby fans actually turn up to watch their team as well for the most part. That makes a bit of a contribution towards their budget. What's our average attendance in the Championship compared with the rest of the division? I'm pretty sure it's solidly bottom half so I'm not sure why you think we 'deserve' consistent top 6 spending.

Judge wants out on 08:22 - Jul 24 with 1385 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 08:17 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Derby fans actually turn up to watch their team as well for the most part. That makes a bit of a contribution towards their budget. What's our average attendance in the Championship compared with the rest of the division? I'm pretty sure it's solidly bottom half so I'm not sure why you think we 'deserve' consistent top 6 spending.

We averaged 17-18k despite being in the same god forsaken league for almost two decades. Dreadful support...
Judge wants out on 08:23 - Jul 24 with 1381 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 00:09 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Not the Academy, but building the team around its products. A team which is affordable, but still has some quality. Probably enough to get us out of League One.

Glad you have still have so much faith in a man whose overall project to date has utterly failed ....

If we stagnate in League One then attendances will dramatically crumble and the academy like the club will become a complete irrelevance.
Login to get fewer ads

Judge wants out on 08:24 - Jul 24 with 1373 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:22 - Jul 24 by portmanking

We averaged 17-18k despite being in the same god forsaken league for almost two decades. Dreadful support...

It's miles from being top 6 support so you shouldn't expect top 6 funding. Last time we were top 6 in terms of support was well over a decade ago.

Judge wants out on 08:28 - Jul 24 with 1370 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 08:24 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

It's miles from being top 6 support so you shouldn't expect top 6 funding. Last time we were top 6 in terms of support was well over a decade ago.

Do you not 'get' that the reason some fans have stopped going is due to the lack of progress in all areas of the club? Evans' reign has been a sh*t stain on our history books.
Judge wants out on 08:29 - Jul 24 with 1356 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:28 - Jul 24 by portmanking

Do you not 'get' that the reason some fans have stopped going is due to the lack of progress in all areas of the club? Evans' reign has been a sh*t stain on our history books.

We didn't have top 6 support when he arrived either. Stop banging on about what we 'deserve' when the facts are there are numerous sides' fans who could rightly claim to be more deserving than us.

Judge wants out on 08:31 - Jul 24 with 1360 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 08:29 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

We didn't have top 6 support when he arrived either. Stop banging on about what we 'deserve' when the facts are there are numerous sides' fans who could rightly claim to be more deserving than us.

And it's that defeatist attitude that's got us to this point in 2019.
Judge wants out on 08:38 - Jul 24 with 1343 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 08:24 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

The year before Evans rocked up we averaged a higher league attendance than Derby as well as Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Leeds, Southampton and Leicester ... and we didn't even make the play offs.

That potential support is still there ... unfortunately Evans has squandered it in spectacular fashion ...
Judge wants out on 08:43 - Jul 24 with 1335 viewsKeaneish

Judge wants out on 08:17 - Jul 24 by GlasgowBlue

Am I the only person who thought that he flattered to deceive last season.

Make no mistake, on paper he’s a cut above anything in league one but it’s a team game.

I think that's the point Mullet was glibly making too. He was our best player after Sears got injured and while that doesn't say a huge amount, he was and is a cut above the rest. Selling will be a mistake and a in my opinion, will be the difference between a top 6 and potentially a top 2 finish.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge wants out on 08:46 - Jul 24 with 1329 viewsMullet

Judge wants out on 07:05 - Jul 24 by Keaneish

And who was better? I see a lot of fans are pulling up stats now or lack of to justify him leaving to themselves. Losing Judge is a big blow, simple as that.

Not sure what your jibe about 'certain sections of the fan base' really means.

I think you'll find that I've not just magicked up that stat, nor used it for the first time and I'm not the only one to suggest Judge didn't actually do that much. The hype around him has been something I've questioned for months, so I'm not sure how that's a jibe or deserving of your response.

Quaner and Keane both had better games and better impact, there's a bloke on here who insists Nolan and Nsiala finished the season like Deschamps and Desailly in 98, but for me Pennington would be far more worthy and the influence of Skuse and Chambers on and off the pitch far more worthy of praise last season.

Judge never really clicked or did anything other than suggest he was getting there. That's the blow, the potential, but to pretend he was even close to where those fans are suggesting just isn't true.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge wants out on 08:48 - Jul 24 with 1319 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 08:29 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

You're right ... our support was top 7 the year Evans arrived .... the year before though it was top 3 ... and the year before that top 5.

Those are the facts.
Judge wants out on 09:02 - Jul 24 with 1281 viewsMeadowlark

Judge wants out on 22:03 - Jul 23 by Keaneish

Didn't do enough last season? He was our best player from January onward.

Disagree. He ran around a lot. That was about it for me.

Let him go. Let's use our own youngsters.
Judge wants out on 09:12 - Jul 24 with 1258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Judge wants out on 09:02 - Jul 24 by Meadowlark

Disagree. He ran around a lot. That was about it for me.

Let him go. Let's use our own youngsters.

It could be a blessing in disguise as I felt the team was built around him. We don’t have the luxury if a player given a free role and it could force Lambert to play with two strikers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Judge wants out on 09:16 - Jul 24 with 1245 viewsKeaneish

Judge wants out on 08:46 - Jul 24 by Mullet

I think you'll find that I've not just magicked up that stat, nor used it for the first time and I'm not the only one to suggest Judge didn't actually do that much. The hype around him has been something I've questioned for months, so I'm not sure how that's a jibe or deserving of your response.

Quaner and Keane both had better games and better impact, there's a bloke on here who insists Nolan and Nsiala finished the season like Deschamps and Desailly in 98, but for me Pennington would be far more worthy and the influence of Skuse and Chambers on and off the pitch far more worthy of praise last season.

Judge never really clicked or did anything other than suggest he was getting there. That's the blow, the potential, but to pretend he was even close to where those fans are suggesting just isn't true.

Nobody did that much hence relegation. Keane and Quaner gave it a decent crack but they werent as Integral to the way we played as Judge was, which is why PL wants to build a team around him and neither of those two.

I think we all know stats are very misleading especially in such a woeful season as ours. We need Judge's industry in our side. Judge tried to take the game to opponents and carry players around him. Doing that is tough and we've had a real derth of players with the promise of that. Granted Judge didn't set the world alight but as you say, the potential was there in difficult circumstances - let's build on it, not throw it away.

Hard stance on this imo. No deal. "You're staying and you're playing if you want to fulfill your international ambition" should be PL's line...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Judge wants out on 11:11 - Jul 24 with 1184 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:48 - Jul 24 by Bluedandy

You're right ... our support was top 7 the year Evans arrived .... the year before though it was top 3 ... and the year before that top 5.

Those are the facts.

So more than 10 years on when we've got bottom half attendances we should expect him to provide a top 6 budget because 13 years ago we were one of the best supported sides in the league? Righto.

Judge wants out on 11:12 - Jul 24 with 1183 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 08:31 - Jul 24 by portmanking

And it's that defeatist attitude that's got us to this point in 2019.

Cheers, Boris. I think the inept management has more to do with it than someone pointing out facts on the internet.

Judge wants out on 11:43 - Jul 24 with 1156 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 11:11 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

So more than 10 years on when we've got bottom half attendances we should expect him to provide a top 6 budget because 13 years ago we were one of the best supported sides in the league? Righto.

You were ticking someone off about 'the facts' because apparently we were not anything like a top 6 club around the time of ME's arrival and you were factually wrong ...

And the underlying point is that as easily as attendances go down they can as easily go back up again ...

The Evans reign has sucked the life out of Ipswich Town and crowds have dwindled accordingly but if he turns it round this season I will be delighted not least because crowds will go back up.
Judge wants out on 11:49 - Jul 24 with 1142 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 11:43 - Jul 24 by Bluedandy

You were ticking someone off about 'the facts' because apparently we were not anything like a top 6 club around the time of ME's arrival and you were factually wrong ...

And the underlying point is that as easily as attendances go down they can as easily go back up again ...

The Evans reign has sucked the life out of Ipswich Town and crowds have dwindled accordingly but if he turns it round this season I will be delighted not least because crowds will go back up.

What I said was our attendances in the Championship were solidly bottom half of late, which they were, and it had been over a decade since they were top 6, which is also accurate. It's a bit much for fans to bang on about wanting us to be funded like a top 6 side and that we 'deserve' to be funded like a top 6 side when in reality our level of support hasn't been top 6 for some time.

Judge wants out on 11:52 - Jul 24 with 1137 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 11:49 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

What I said was our attendances in the Championship were solidly bottom half of late, which they were, and it had been over a decade since they were top 6, which is also accurate. It's a bit much for fans to bang on about wanting us to be funded like a top 6 side and that we 'deserve' to be funded like a top 6 side when in reality our level of support hasn't been top 6 for some time.

You're missing the point completely.

Before Evans took charge, a bottom half Championship finish would have been deemed an absolute disaster. Our attendances were in the high 20,000's and our links in the community were still strong.

The lack of ambition, investment and overall excitement in the subsequent years has seen crowds diminish largely because of Evans' bad management, NOT because we've become a smaller club.
Judge wants out on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 1125 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 11:52 - Jul 24 by portmanking

You're missing the point completely.

Before Evans took charge, a bottom half Championship finish would have been deemed an absolute disaster. Our attendances were in the high 20,000's and our links in the community were still strong.

The lack of ambition, investment and overall excitement in the subsequent years has seen crowds diminish largely because of Evans' bad management, NOT because we've become a smaller club.

We finished bottom half the season before Evans took over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024