Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He’s used us. 22:03 - Jul 23 with 7148 viewsSitfcB

Plain and simple.

‪Didn’t wanna gamble that he’d get a deal in the summer.‬

‪Used us. ‬

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

He’s used us. on 22:05 - Jul 23 with 4906 viewsJ2BLUE

I think that's slightly harsh. It's just the perfect storm of a London Championship club with his old boss. With that said, he did sign the deal and he must have known there would be changes in the Championship.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

He’s used us. on 22:06 - Jul 23 with 4903 viewspointofblue

He’s used us. on 22:05 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

I think that's slightly harsh. It's just the perfect storm of a London Championship club with his old boss. With that said, he did sign the deal and he must have known there would be changes in the Championship.

He signed the contract on 5th April. He probably feared another injury and wanted his cash flow sorted.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

He’s used us. on 22:06 - Jul 23 with 4882 viewsreusersfreekicks

Maybe, but least we can get some cash for him which we wouldn't have done had he not signed
He’s used us. on 22:08 - Jul 23 with 4824 viewsSitfcB

He’s used us. on 22:06 - Jul 23 by reusersfreekicks

Maybe, but least we can get some cash for him which we wouldn't have done had he not signed

Means nothing.

May as well have not signed him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

He’s used us. on 22:10 - Jul 23 with 4781 viewsTrequartista

He’s used us. on 22:06 - Jul 23 by reusersfreekicks

Whoopif ucking do.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

He’s used us. on 22:11 - Jul 23 with 4742 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He’s used us. on 22:08 - Jul 23 by SitfcB

Means nothing.

To be fair we signed him initially in the hope he might provide the ammunition for Keane to get us to at least fight for Championship survival.

We might as well not have signed him as he couldn't do that.

As far as the finances are concerned, what we have invested in him will be recouped by the transfer fee and we will get more than that too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

He’s used us. on 22:13 - Jul 23 with 4714 viewsFreddies_Ears

He’s used us. on 22:08 - Jul 23 by SitfcB

Means nothing.

Buy of the century for us - cost nowt, sold for half a mill or more a couple of months later.

This was going to happen the minute Luke Freeman left QPR.
He’s used us. on 22:14 - Jul 23 with 4680 viewsGuthrum

He’s used us. on 22:11 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair we signed him initially in the hope he might provide the ammunition for Keane to get us to at least fight for Championship survival.

We might as well not have signed him as he couldn't do that.

As far as the finances are concerned, what we have invested in him will be recouped by the transfer fee and we will get more than that too.

Plus it's an area of the field where we aren't desperately short - especially if Huws can stay fit (of the two, from the few performances I've seen, would prefer the latter).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

He’s used us. on 22:16 - Jul 23 with 4633 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s used us. on 22:13 - Jul 23 by Freddies_Ears

Buy of the century for us - cost nowt, sold for half a mill or more a couple of months later.

We are shopping in the freebies section. We signed a good one. We will now likely sell him with the money offsetting Evans' input like it almost always does. Then we need another freebie over three weeks since contracts ended.

This is not a good move for the club or the fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

He’s used us. on 22:16 - Jul 23 with 4623 viewsDennyx4

He’s used us. on 22:13 - Jul 23 by Freddies_Ears

He may have got a signing on fee, also we have paid his wages throughout the summer (not massive I know - but certainly wont have cost us nothing).
He’s used us. on 22:17 - Jul 23 with 4586 viewsMrTown

Makes the Danny Mayor miss a little bit worse.

Would have been the ideal replacement for Judge.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

He’s used us. on 22:24 - Jul 23 with 4517 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't mind people being mercenary, if they just admit it.

£1m please Mr Fernandes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

He’s used us. on 22:27 - Jul 23 with 4472 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He’s used us. on 22:05 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

I think he would have been good for us in League 1.

I think he'll continue to be ineffectual in the Champ for a poor side. His recent record is 1 goal in 50 league games.

He will have an easy life and a better bank balance though.

He should be made to request a transfer formally though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

He’s used us. on 22:30 - Jul 23 with 4418 viewsSuperblue95

He’s used us. on 22:14 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

Plus it's an area of the field where we aren't desperately short - especially if Huws can stay fit (of the two, from the few performances I've seen, would prefer the latter).

Agreed.

Think some sections are getting a bit hysterical about all this. Has the potential to be a special player at this level but so do numerous members of our squad. There’s no guarantee he would have been much good

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

He’s used us. on 22:32 - Jul 23 with 4357 viewspointofblue

He’s used us. on 22:27 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he'll continue to be ineffectual in the Champ for a poor side. His recent record is 1 goal in 50 league games.

By telling Lambert he wants to go I suppose that's a form of transfer request.

He’s used us. on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 4333 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He’s used us. on 22:32 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

By telling Lambert he wants to go I suppose that's a form of transfer request.

I'd rather it was formal, so he has to be honest, and to make sure he doesn't get any 'loyalty' bonus payments.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 22:34]

He’s used us. on 22:39 - Jul 23 with 4251 viewspointofblue

He’s used us. on 22:34 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd rather it was formal, so he has to be honest, and to make sure he doesn't get any 'loyalty' bonus payments.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 22:34]

Surely we'd not be stupid enough to have a loyalty bonus lined up for him covering a few months???

He’s used us. on 22:42 - Jul 23 with 4215 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He’s used us. on 22:39 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

Surely we'd not be stupid enough to have a loyalty bonus lined up for him covering a few months???

You'd be surprised what clauses are in contracts.

It's more a case of players getting a payment if they haven't requested a transfer. That payment is foregone is they put in the transfer request.

He’s used us. on 22:43 - Jul 23 with 4200 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He’s used us. on 22:27 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure I would be happy if we were in QPR's position and we spent 500K+ on him. Would probably be quite underwhelmed and worried the new manager was bringing players in based on what they once did rather than what they are likely to do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

He’s used us. on 22:44 - Jul 23 with 4174 viewsjas0999

Evans also used him to sell season tickets. Who knows what the deal was. May have agreed he could go if higher level club came in for him, but signing new deal early helped Evans demonstrate some ambition.
He’s used us. on 22:48 - Jul 23 with 4131 viewssoclopath

If judge tries to talk town fans into his decision to walk away that would be something,still doesn't stop us labelling him a a mercinary without an ounce of loyalty in his body
Be interesting to monitor his fitness and performance over this coming season.
He’s used us. on 22:54 - Jul 23 with 4078 viewsActionMan

He’s used us. on 22:16 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

We are shopping in the freebies section. We signed a good one. We will now likely sell him with the money offsetting Evans' input like it almost always does. Then we need another freebie over three weeks since contracts ended.

Lamberts positive attitude, signings like Judge, all looked like Evans was going to back the project right up until he had to actually back the project and it turns out, as it was and has been since he's been here to all be PR with no substance, and it's not happening. It's a shame because a League One, FL Trophy double could have been the kickstart needed for us to really push forward and for him to actually make his money back.

Instead it's just loss management, as for Judge, classic modern footballer so we shouldn't be shocked by this. Sell him and accept our fate - we're going to struggle to be a top team in League One. Utterly depressing but we invested in this by renewing and we should have known better really. It's going to be a lot of rubbish football to watch too!
He’s used us. on 22:55 - Jul 23 with 4066 viewsElderGrizzly

He’s used us. on 22:16 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

You wonder if knowing Warburton will play him in his preferred position plays a part here too.

Being shoved out on the left by Lambert helped no-one and resulted in his abysmal 1 assist in nearly 20 games
He’s used us. on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 4012 viewsGarv

He’s used us. on 22:55 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

You wonder if knowing Warburton will play him in his preferred position plays a part here too.

Being shoved out on the left by Lambert helped no-one and resulted in his abysmal 1 assist in nearly 20 games

I feel if he's basing everything (I know not literally) on playing centrally, I think he's foolish.

He can't guarantee that, even with Warburton. I imagine he's making the same assurances to him now, via his agent, that Lambert made in January.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

He’s used us. on 23:00 - Jul 23 with 4003 viewsLankHenners

He’s used us. on 22:55 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

Very likely you'd have thought.

People seem to like bandying about the '1 assist in 20' or whatever it is stat without actually looking at the context. It's a great Lambert-bashing point for those who like doing that as it was very clear to anyone watching the games that Lambert shoving him out wide wasted Judge's ability and made us worse as a team.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024