Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He’s used us. 22:03 - Jul 23 with 7146 viewsSitfcB

Plain and simple.

‪Didn’t wanna gamble that he’d get a deal in the summer.‬

‪Used us. ‬

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

He’s used us. on 23:02 - Jul 23 with 2193 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Settle down Sitters.

He is too good for League One. There was always a chance we'd lose him, If It hadn't been QPR now, it might have been Fulham on transfer deadline day.

Better he goes now and gives us the time to find another player to strengthen the spine of the team, maybe not even in his position. Let's not forget Nolan can play there too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

He’s used us. on 23:15 - Jul 23 with 2164 viewsVaughan8

Think we just need to calm down a bit. He took our offer at the time. Now a better option has come up. He’s interested in it.

As long as we hold out for what we think he’s worth then let him go.

Would be a great player in L1 but no point having him if he wants to go elsewhere. Could easily get injured in a few weeks then people would have wished we had sold him.
He’s used us. on 23:16 - Jul 23 with 2156 viewspointofblue

He’s used us. on 22:27 - Jul 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he would have been good for us in League 1.

I think he'll continue to be ineffectual in the Champ for a poor side. His recent record is 1 goal in 50 league games.

He will have an easy life and a better bank balance though.

He should be made to request a transfer formally though.

“I don't know, I'm not sure with it. He's spoken to me and I guess it's over to Judgey and see what he wants to do and if he just let us know one way or another but I think he wants to. I really don't know at this minute.”

Perhaps 'if he just let us know one way or another' is a way of saying submit a formal transfer request?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

He’s used us. on 23:17 - Jul 23 with 2151 viewsJ2BLUE

He’s used us. on 23:02 - Jul 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Settle down Sitters.

He is too good for League One. There was always a chance we'd lose him, If It hadn't been QPR now, it might have been Fulham on transfer deadline day.

Better he goes now and gives us the time to find another player to strengthen the spine of the team, maybe not even in his position. Let's not forget Nolan can play there too.

I don't think people would be as bothered if they thought the fee would be reinvested to get a player of similar quality. It might be, but going on the last decade, it's very unlikely so people are rightfully worried this is going to weaken us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

He’s used us. on 23:23 - Jul 23 with 2126 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He’s used us. on 23:17 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

I don't think people would be as bothered if they thought the fee would be reinvested to get a player of similar quality. It might be, but going on the last decade, it's very unlikely so people are rightfully worried this is going to weaken us.

It will, but that's hardly Judge's fault. It's the standard Saint Marcus M.O.
Season ticket sales done and dusted, let the sales begin. Its pretty much each year.

But, saved us from administration, puts in £6m a year "of his own money" etc.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

He’s used us. on 23:32 - Jul 23 with 2102 viewsHerbivore

On the plus side we get some cash that we wouldn't have got had he not signed up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

He’s used us. on 00:09 - Jul 24 with 2064 viewsBlueBadger

He’s used us. on 22:06 - Jul 23 by reusersfreekicks

Maybe, but least we can get some cash for him which we wouldn't have done had he not signed

...which won't actually be used for first-team reinforcement.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He’s used us. on 06:40 - Jul 24 with 2016 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s used us. on 23:00 - Jul 23 by LankHenners

Very likely you'd have thought.

People seem to like bandying about the '1 assist in 20' or whatever it is stat without actually looking at the context. It's a great Lambert-bashing point for those who like doing that as it was very clear to anyone watching the games that Lambert shoving him out wide wasted Judge's ability and made us worse as a team.

And what excuse are you going to make for Judge’s return of 1 goal and no assists in 33 appearances for a good Brentford team since returning from injury then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

He’s used us. on 07:01 - Jul 24 with 1997 viewsJon_456

He’s used us. on 00:09 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

...which won't actually be used for first-team reinforcement.

The trouble is even if it did get reinvested, you don’t get a lot for £1m so it doesn’t really suit us to sell.
He’s used us. on 07:14 - Jul 24 with 1983 viewsBlueNomad

I wouldn’t be bothered if we had a fit Bishop
He’s used us. on 07:17 - Jul 24 with 1979 viewsblueconscience

He’s used us. on 07:14 - Jul 24 by BlueNomad

I wouldn’t be bothered if we had a fit Bishop

If Bishop wasn’t so injury prone, he would have probably been snapped up on the cheap by now.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

He’s used us. on 07:38 - Jul 24 with 1942 viewsDanTheMan

He’s used us. on 23:32 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

On the plus side we get some cash that we wouldn't have got had he not signed up.

There's no way we'll replace him with anything that costs money. Maybe another League Two reject.

We should tell QPR to stick it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

He’s used us. on 07:51 - Jul 24 with 1897 viewsHerbivore

He’s used us. on 07:38 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

There's no way we'll replace him with anything that costs money. Maybe another League Two reject.

We should tell QPR to stick it.

Given that I don't see how Judge really fits into the 4-3-3 that Lambert seems to favour I don't think we need a like for like replacement. Not to mention that we already have about a hundred central midfield options. Judge will be one of our top earners so I'm sure selling him will free some money up in the budget to add a couple of players.

He’s used us. on 07:54 - Jul 24 with 1892 viewsDanTheMan

He’s used us. on 07:51 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Given that I don't see how Judge really fits into the 4-3-3 that Lambert seems to favour I don't think we need a like for like replacement. Not to mention that we already have about a hundred central midfield options. Judge will be one of our top earners so I'm sure selling him will free some money up in the budget to add a couple of players.

But I don't think it'll free up any budget to add anyone.

I realise I have no hard evidence to suggest that would be the case, just going on how things seem to be progressing for us.

We'll lose a midfield option who would be decent at this level and I just cannot see us reinvesting it. If we were to reinvest it then I'd be fine.

He’s used us. on 07:55 - Jul 24 with 1889 viewsHerbivore

He’s used us. on 07:54 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

But I don't think it'll free up any budget to add anyone.

I realise I have no hard evidence to suggest that would be the case, just going on how things seem to be progressing for us.

We'll lose a midfield option who would be decent at this level and I just cannot see us reinvesting it. If we were to reinvest it then I'd be fine.

Then maybe wait and see what happens?

He’s used us. on 08:01 - Jul 24 with 1885 viewsDanTheMan

He’s used us. on 07:55 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Then maybe wait and see what happens?

I mean I have to, I don't exactly have any say in the matter!

Just commenting on what I think is likely to happen is all.

He’s used us. on 08:07 - Jul 24 with 1870 viewsKropotkin123

He’s used us. on 22:16 - Jul 23 by Dennyx4

He may have got a signing on fee, also we have paid his wages throughout the summer (not massive I know - but certainly wont have cost us nothing).

If he is keen to go then they may negotiate that out of his contract. Clawbacks are common in other industries.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

He’s used us. on 08:22 - Jul 24 with 1846 viewsHerbivore

He’s used us. on 08:01 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

I mean I have to, I don't exactly have any say in the matter!

Just commenting on what I think is likely to happen is all.

Fair dos. People just seem to be getting very depressed over stuff that hasn't even happened. I'd be surprised if Judge leaving, if it happens, doesn't trigger a couple of players arriving.

He’s used us. on 08:24 - Jul 24 with 1843 viewsDanTheMan

He’s used us. on 08:22 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Fair dos. People just seem to be getting very depressed over stuff that hasn't even happened. I'd be surprised if Judge leaving, if it happens, doesn't trigger a couple of players arriving.

That's fair enough.

I can only speak for myself but the reason I'm unhappy about it all is just really a continuation of literally the worst season we've had since I've been alive.

He’s used us. on 08:32 - Jul 24 with 1826 viewsitfcjoe

He’s used us. on 08:24 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

That's fair enough.

I can only speak for myself but the reason I'm unhappy about it all is just really a continuation of literally the worst season we've had since I've been alive.

There was the hope that we would use this season to try all we can to get straight back up - whatever eventually happens that clearly isn't the case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

He’s used us. on 08:32 - Jul 24 with 1826 viewsLankHenners

He’s used us. on 06:40 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And what excuse are you going to make for Judge’s return of 1 goal and no assists in 33 appearances for a good Brentford team since returning from injury then?

I don’t really know that much about that situation so can’t really comment other than it’s pretty clear he’s not the same player he was pre-injury. The point was about Judge’s not overly impressive record (if you just look at the bare stats) for us last season and a fair enough piece of context was that the manager unbalanced the team by pushing him into a less effective position.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

He’s used us. on 08:39 - Jul 24 with 1799 viewsDanTheMan

He’s used us. on 08:32 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

There was the hope that we would use this season to try all we can to get straight back up - whatever eventually happens that clearly isn't the case

Yup that too. I don't really get the logic of "well we're down 9million so we can't spend" when that will also be the case next year if we don't get promoted.

So unless we are accepting this is our place in the world now, then actually a small gamble (not exactly talk tens of millions here) would be worth it.

At the very least the bonus money we got from Mings and others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024