Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be careful what you wish for!!!! 23:22 - Jul 23 with 3820 viewslondontractorboy57

I read on here 2 years ago from many contributors that we would be better getting relegated than keep MM is that still the case? i for one think they were wrong.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:24 - Jul 23 with 3797 viewsVaughan8

Seems a strange time to post this but each to our own.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:25 - Jul 23 with 3781 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't believe no one has posted this before...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:26 - Jul 23 with 3767 viewspointofblue

I wasn't one to chant Mick out or any other unsavoury chants but his time had come, even now with the state we're in. The battle between him and a section of the fanbase had resulted in Portman Road becoming an exceptionally unpleasant place to be and it felt the club were against the supporters - and vice versa - rather than everyone pulling together.

The argument has already been done to death about who was at fault and how X should be sorry and Y should have been contrite. It's time to look forward, not keep harping back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:26 - Jul 23 with 3762 viewsMrTown

Oh thank god you’ve posted that.

Let’s all grab a few cans of beer and go through the same sh*t we always go through when this subject comes up. Realise many people have different opinions on the matter, and then do it all again in 2 months time.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 23:27]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:27 - Jul 23 with 3762 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Boring.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:32 - Jul 23 with 3722 viewslondontractorboy57

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:26 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

I wasn't one to chant Mick out or any other unsavoury chants but his time had come, even now with the state we're in. The battle between him and a section of the fanbase had resulted in Portman Road becoming an exceptionally unpleasant place to be and it felt the club were against the supporters - and vice versa - rather than everyone pulling together.

The argument has already been done to death about who was at fault and how X should be sorry and Y should have been contrite. It's time to look forward, not keep harping back.

My Point is that the club is in a much more precarious position than it was end of 2017 season yet many fans believed it would be better i need convincing.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:38 - Jul 23 with 3696 viewsMrTown

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:32 - Jul 23 by londontractorboy57

My Point is that the club is in a much more precarious position than it was end of 2017 season yet many fans believed it would be better i need convincing.

Why do you need convincing? Make your own mind up on sh*t

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:42 - Jul 23 with 3682 viewsCoastalblue

and we've had the same daily discussion about it on here for two years too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:46 - Jul 23 with 3675 viewsTheBoyBlue

Honestly. Was he going to stay forever then? Say he'd stayed another five years, all that would have achieved was five more years of apathy and dwindling crowds and we would still have dealt with him leaving. MM going was the right decision, bringing Hurst in was the wrong decision.

All of which merely masks that ME is the issue here, not the manager.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 00:18 - Jul 24 with 3630 viewsmidastouch

When will this prehistoric argument ever end? It's enough to give any one a numbskull. It's a question that can't really be answered for at least another 12 or 24 months. So rather than us regurgitate all the same old tired arguments why don't we just wait 12 or 24 months and see where we are at. So please, let's Jurassic Park that question till then...

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 01:05 - Jul 24 with 3585 viewsActionMan

I think the actual view of Mick overall before the falling out was that he was a good manager who was under resourced and someone who could have got us promoted had he been sufficiently backed.Looking back on his transfer dealings given he had our best players sold every season in Aaron Cresswell, Tyrone Mings, Daryl Murphy and so on and given very little big funds to replace, he worked miracles. Just look at his last season here - Garner and Waghorn were exceptional signings. Even his loans were outstanding in some cases, Fraser, Lawrence, Niles and so on. Just imagine what he'd have done had he been able to keep our best players and actually improve the squad? Imagine if we'd have spent the money and brought in the likes of Lawrence alongside the likes of Murphy, Mings, Waghorn, Didz, Webster. We never built.

He made the mistake of getting into a war with those vocally opposing him in the stands, but he was taking near all of the heat for the owners bad decisions and atrocious leadership and it was of no shock to anyone in football that we dropped once he was gone because Evans hasn't a clue about how to run a football club as proven time and time again. The whole Micks vs the fans thing would have never happened if he wasn't forced to make do, plug gaps and sell. You cannot sell Murphy and replace with Leon Best and expect to achieve anything. That sums up Evans whole regime here.

History will look back on him here as having done a good job. What's happened since is entirely on Marcus Evans.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 1:06]
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 05:09 - Jul 24 with 3476 viewsSaigonTractor

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 23:46 - Jul 23 by TheBoyBlue

Honestly. Was he going to stay forever then? Say he'd stayed another five years, all that would have achieved was five more years of apathy and dwindling crowds and we would still have dealt with him leaving. MM going was the right decision, bringing Hurst in was the wrong decision.

All of which merely masks that ME is the issue here, not the manager.

I wonder if Hurst might have come good had we not gutted our team and signed a load of new players who probably needed to gel.

The main issue was selling all our reliable players.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 09:24 - Jul 24 with 3240 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd rather get relegated again into League Two than have that dinosaur back.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 09:55 - Jul 24 with 3204 viewsBlueBlood90

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 01:05 - Jul 24 by ActionMan

I think the actual view of Mick overall before the falling out was that he was a good manager who was under resourced and someone who could have got us promoted had he been sufficiently backed.Looking back on his transfer dealings given he had our best players sold every season in Aaron Cresswell, Tyrone Mings, Daryl Murphy and so on and given very little big funds to replace, he worked miracles. Just look at his last season here - Garner and Waghorn were exceptional signings. Even his loans were outstanding in some cases, Fraser, Lawrence, Niles and so on. Just imagine what he'd have done had he been able to keep our best players and actually improve the squad? Imagine if we'd have spent the money and brought in the likes of Lawrence alongside the likes of Murphy, Mings, Waghorn, Didz, Webster. We never built.

He made the mistake of getting into a war with those vocally opposing him in the stands, but he was taking near all of the heat for the owners bad decisions and atrocious leadership and it was of no shock to anyone in football that we dropped once he was gone because Evans hasn't a clue about how to run a football club as proven time and time again. The whole Micks vs the fans thing would have never happened if he wasn't forced to make do, plug gaps and sell. You cannot sell Murphy and replace with Leon Best and expect to achieve anything. That sums up Evans whole regime here.

History will look back on him here as having done a good job. What's happened since is entirely on Marcus Evans.

Hit the nail on the head here!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:00 - Jul 24 with 3170 viewsSwansea_Blue

"You cannot sell Murphy and replace with Leon Best and expect to achieve anything."

Perfect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:02 - Jul 24 with 3164 viewsrickw

Mick did a good job, but it was boring and we were always going to stay where we were - lower mid Championship.

In changing him most people knew we might have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward (OK we didn't know that meant relegation) but if we can get promoted and keep that positive momentum going in the long run it would prove to be a success.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:06 - Jul 24 with 3146 viewsBerlinBlue

MM going was definitely the right thing, and I hope we can finally put this debate to bed as it's been done to death.
We weren't relegated because he left. We were relegated due to a combination of poor decisions by ME and PH.
Relegation offers the chance to start afresh. It can be a positive and I expect to see us back in the Championship before long.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 12:14 - Jul 24 with 3052 viewsbraveblue

Yawn. Yes.
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 12:34 - Jul 24 with 3003 viewsSuperblue95

Another Mick thread, great

Do one mate

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 2937 viewsgiant_stow

If you ask him really really nicely and add in some sexual favours, maybe he'll come back to save yous in a year or two?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:35 - Jul 25 with 2773 viewsBrixtonBlue

Firstly, how could we keep MM? His contract had run out and he'd decided to go.

Secondly, the season hasn't even started yet. It's far too early to say.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 2754 viewsA90sblue

Absolutely spot on!
Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 10:46 - Jul 25 with 2737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Since it's been asked, here we go:

Positives:
No way MM was staying with the fractious position he had got to.
Fans pay to see entertainment and they weren't getting it; crowds would have dwindled rapidly.
We are now getting entertaining football - as long as we are now competitive (I trust we will be).
The stagnation of mid-table Championship football had to end sometime (and was very unlikely to end with promotion how we were going).
Some of the young players who we had been loaning out and not getting into our team should be able to develop in our first team now.
Fans will get to go to different grounds and see different opposition.
Hopefully we can build a winning mentality.

Negatives:
League 1 and lack of finances.
Nodge are Premier league and actually have something to crow about (although they were crowing about being better than us over a decade where they drew as many matches against us as they won and they started a division below us; we must remember our decade of dominance over them starts this season). We never beat them under MM.
We might be down for some time.
Hurst and all that entailed (however, that was likely to happen later in the season when MM left for ROI if it hadn't happened when it did).

On balance, we are probably in a better place overall. Either way, we are where we are and that isn't going to change by moaning about it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Be careful what you wish for!!!! on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 2702 viewstextbackup

Alright Potter

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024