Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. 07:50 - Jul 24 with 2804 viewsunstableblue

... is tempting for someone who was free, one of our highest wage earner, but in my opinion never actually gelled into the system or position to be effective last season.

All I really saw was a very frustrated player running around trying to get on the ball, but unable to provide telling service, and with Lambert seemingly not going to play him in the number 10 role he needs.

Having said that - My concern is that eventually and with a player of that calibre playing at this level he would have clicked, also the rest of the team really look up to him and talk about him a lot. More importantly relying on Huws, Rowe and El Mizouni who are ‘fit’, plus Nolan, Edwards, Lankester who are injured to provide creative flare has question marks.

One things for sure we’d become even more reliant on Norwood than we already are if Judge left!!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 8:52]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:09 - Jul 24 with 2734 viewsTown_Boy

I agree..

We are going to have an average age for the first game of about 21

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:36 - Jul 24 with 2689 viewsArnieM

Our highest wage earner is actually Bart. I stopped reading after that......

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:43 - Jul 24 with 2666 viewsLesta_Tractor

Would judge leaving make it more likely that we would play 442?

Sounds like Jackson and Norwood have worked well together in the friendlies.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:47 - Jul 24 with 2651 viewsLB27

We’ll accept a bid around the £1m mark for sure, Judge would have been a big asset to have going into a league 1 season but we have to look at the positives. We can use a 442 formation that has looked promising during pre season with players more suited to the wide role as Judge has made it evident that he doesn’t want to play in that position
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:49 - Jul 24 with 2642 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

People quoting £1m+ are going to be in for a huge disappointment when he actually leaves, methinks...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 2631 viewsunstableblue

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:36 - Jul 24 by ArnieM

You're absolutely right. I have edited the post. You may continue reading...

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 2628 viewsLB27

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:49 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

People quoting £1m+ are going to be in for a huge disappointment when he actually leaves, methinks...

Definitely can’t see him going for anymore than that, 800k-1m will do it.
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:05 - Jul 24 with 2585 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:52 - Jul 24 by LB27

Definitely can’t see him going for anymore than that, 800k-1m will do it.

Will be £750k max, and likely a bit less than that

Login to get fewer ads

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:37 - Jul 24 with 2539 viewsJon_456

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:05 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Will be £750k max, and likely a bit less than that

Can someone explain why anyone in their right mind would let him go for sub £1m?

It just doesn’t benefit us in any way to sell. The money won’t get reinvested and even if it does, can someone suggest a player of Judges quality who we could sign for less than £1m?
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:41 - Jul 24 with 2526 viewsSwansea_Blue

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:37 - Jul 24 by Jon_456

Can someone explain why anyone in their right mind would let him go for sub £1m?

It just doesn’t benefit us in any way to sell. The money won’t get reinvested and even if it does, can someone suggest a player of Judges quality who we could sign for less than £1m?

If he does go for lower, it'll be because we paid less than that for him, he's not getting any younger, he didn't do much last season (or before) and we're also in a lower league now.

Anyway, all this guessing is largely pointless. He's definitely going for £781,299.99.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:41 - Jul 24 with 2524 viewsKieran_Knows

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:37 - Jul 24 by Jon_456

Town have clearly named a price to QPR, and if their second offer is £450k, they're not going to be far off it. Like Healy says, I imagine we're probably looking for £750k, but it'll get settled at around £600k.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:43 - Jul 24 with 2520 viewsFreddies_Ears

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:36 - Jul 24 by ArnieM

Shame. You missed one of the best posts on here in ages.
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:45 - Jul 24 with 2511 viewsNotSure

Difficult to judge him on last season, he was still getting fit and we didn't see him at his best.
Remember Chris Wood a few years ago on loan? Of course not because he was still getting fit and a transformed player the next season at Leeds.

It's definitely bad that he is leaving, there is no way of sugar coating this. The money will not get re-invested in the team.
As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:49 - Jul 24 with 2487 viewsclive_baker

I honestly think he could be the difference between promotion and not. He's an experienced head around the youths, he's far too good for this level and he's a creative influence that a goalscorer like Norwood (and Sears when fit) will absolutely thrive off. I think selling him for £1m would be terrible business, when we could roll the dice and get a season out of him. The Championship is worth £8m in terms of commercial revenues and quite frankly, if we don't go up with Judge this year we could probably move him on next summer anyway if fit.

I just cannot see the logic for letting someone who can have such an immediate impact on the side leave for such a relatively low fee.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:59 - Jul 24 with 2451 viewsBeckets

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:49 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

I honestly think he could be the difference between promotion and not. He's an experienced head around the youths, he's far too good for this level and he's a creative influence that a goalscorer like Norwood (and Sears when fit) will absolutely thrive off. I think selling him for £1m would be terrible business, when we could roll the dice and get a season out of him. The Championship is worth £8m in terms of commercial revenues and quite frankly, if we don't go up with Judge this year we could probably move him on next summer anyway if fit.

I just cannot see the logic for letting someone who can have such an immediate impact on the side leave for such a relatively low fee.

But it will happen because the two main protagonists ie Judge and Evans want it to. The former for his career and family life and the latter to further reduce the amount he has to put into a venture which he has little or no interest in. It’s just a question of when and how much.
Fair point on 10:04 - Jul 24 with 2432 viewsunstableblue

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:45 - Jul 24 by NotSure

Difficult to judge him on last season, he was still getting fit and we didn't see him at his best.
Remember Chris Wood a few years ago on loan? Of course not because he was still getting fit and a transformed player the next season at Leeds.

It's definitely bad that he is leaving, there is no way of sugar coating this. The money will not get re-invested in the team.

... I think my point was in the system Lambert is playing we simply did not get the best out of Judge last term.

Completely agree that the team is too young, inexperienced, and lacking BIG players to gurantee success. And as I was saying a lot of the younger players clearly look up to him.

Also I bet Norwood was attracted by Judge's signing.

Still 1million pounds (or even £800k) for a free signing, who is 30, and 100% did not fully deliver the good last term... its not terrible business, IF, and only IF he is replaced by a Premier League season loan or a signing of quality!!

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 10:25 - Jul 24 with 2366 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 09:45 - Jul 24 by NotSure

He made 24 appearances for Brentford prior to signing for us last year, plus another 19 for us - how long do you think it takes him to get fit??!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 10:26]

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 10:33 - Jul 24 with 2340 viewsunstableblue

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 08:09 - Jul 24 by Town_Boy

I agree..

We are going to have an average age for the first game of about 21

So much reliance on Huws (can he stay fit), Chambo (Not eligible for Burton) and Skuse as the old heads if Judge leaves.

Very young team.

I thought the LoftforWords view on Judge was interesting though... he ain't no striker, and he's still to be effective again since his injury... which frankly is true

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 11:01 - Jul 24 with 2280 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't understand these posts. He is very unlikely to be replaced with a player of his quality. So why is it 'tempting'?

Our fans never learn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 11:05 - Jul 24 with 2268 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I'd let him go as part of a swap for a couple of QPR's defenders.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 11:19 - Jul 24 with 2234 viewsclive_baker

As much as I rate Judge... £1m +.. on 11:01 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I don't understand these posts. He is very unlikely to be replaced with a player of his quality. So why is it 'tempting'?

Our fans never learn.

Same fans that were applauding the good business we did this time last year when Waghorn and Garner left and were replaced by sub standard panic buys.

For every Judge that moves on, 100% of the transfer fee will be banked, and probably 50% of the wages. It's a gradual downgrade of our playing squad that will ultimately lead to us levelling out in L1 like we did in the Championship. This is a big 10 months in the context of this club, we could be sitting at the top of the tree if we can grow some balls and hang on to our best players, especially when the fees being suggested are pittance in this market.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024