Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 09:41 - Jul 24 with 4200 viewsipswichtillidie

This is where Evans needs to come out and talk! This is my main problem with the guy. He’s our owner, suppose to be our leader yet he sits in the background and says nothing at a time when the club needs some direction. Feel for Lambert tbh. Do hope he gets the players he wants because it’s as clear as day that he is desperately waiting for O’neill & ME to pull their fingers out of their rears.

Gav

Parklife! on 09:42 - Jul 24 with 2269 viewsSwansea_Blue

(he won't)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans on 09:44 - Jul 24 with 2249 viewsportmanking

Until our fans get together and realise that we're the only good thing going for this club right now and voice our displeasure, Evans will be happy to maintain the status quo.

The time for action is now.
Evans on 09:48 - Jul 24 with 2225 viewsElephantintheRoom

How much plainer can Evans make it for you?

He isn't interested and doesn't care apart from the bottom line. He has two poodles in place to run his minor and unsuccessful footballing outpost venture. So far we have heard rather too much from one (Lambert) and very little from the other (O'Neill). It's O'Neill's job to front the madhouse that Portman Road has become - a task he seems singularly ill-suited for....something that you could say about every key appoinment Evans has made - which makes you wonder just how ridiculous his touting empire must be.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Evans on 09:53 - Jul 24 with 2210 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 09:44 - Jul 24 by portmanking

Until our fans get together and realise that we're the only good thing going for this club right now and voice our displeasure, Evans will be happy to maintain the status quo.

The time for action is now.

I can’t help but agree, but being the “nice” jolly patient supporters we are we will no doubt wait until it starts to go wrong first. What I do sense thou is Evans’s time for flack is for the very first time only just around the corner.
I mean we could turn it all around, bring in a few CB’s this week, a RB and another CF, judge may still go but I’m turn Huws/Rowe steps up and it’s like, what were we all worrying about!
On the flip side to that we could end up playing a youth team in defence for for half the season, Judge is sold and we miss him like a Waghorn or a Mcgoldrick, we struggle to a mid table finish because we lack “that final ball”
Make no mistake despite his record for assists and goals last season Judge is and will be a class above.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 10:01]

Gav

Evans on 09:54 - Jul 24 with 2211 viewsitfcjoe

He only comes to the club about once a month in his new hands on role, he can't be expected to do speeches in that time too - far too much work

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans on 09:55 - Jul 24 with 2180 viewshomer_123

Talk is cheap - it's only helpful if he 'backs' it up.

Actions speak far louder than words....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Evans on 09:56 - Jul 24 with 2176 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, the REAL issue with Evans' management of the club is his failure to do interviews.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans on 09:58 - Jul 24 with 2168 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 09:56 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Yes, the REAL issue with Evans' management of the club is his failure to do interviews.

It’s his failure to lead. What has interviews got to do with anything. He doesn’t have to do an interview to speak to the people who make this club what it is. US the fans.

Gav

Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 10:00 - Jul 24 with 2158 viewsGuthrum

And say what?

Currently people are getting in a flap because an offer has been made for one of our players. If reports are to be believed, the club are holdiing out for a decent fee (turning down £250k and £450k), despite the player himself - understandably - wanting to take up the opportunity.

There's no point in Evans saying Judge will not be sold, as that's simply untrue. If the price is right, he will be. If the Owner declares the money will be ploughed back in, many people will noisily refuse to believe him. Platitudes will be met by scoffing.

All this for a player who, while decent, has not yet proven himself excellent at ITFC, has not taken any part in preseason and people were previously concerned about how we were going to fit both him and our other good midfielders into the squad. To the extent he was often played out of his favoured position.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans on 10:07 - Jul 24 with 2117 viewsportmanking

Evans on 10:00 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

And say what?

Currently people are getting in a flap because an offer has been made for one of our players. If reports are to be believed, the club are holdiing out for a decent fee (turning down £250k and £450k), despite the player himself - understandably - wanting to take up the opportunity.

There's no point in Evans saying Judge will not be sold, as that's simply untrue. If the price is right, he will be. If the Owner declares the money will be ploughed back in, many people will noisily refuse to believe him. Platitudes will be met by scoffing.

All this for a player who, while decent, has not yet proven himself excellent at ITFC, has not taken any part in preseason and people were previously concerned about how we were going to fit both him and our other good midfielders into the squad. To the extent he was often played out of his favoured position.

I don't believe we've heard a single word from Evans since our relegation...

Just some reassurance to a loyal band of season ticket holders that put their faith in him to give us the best possible chance of an immediate return to the Championship would be nice.
Evans on 10:09 - Jul 24 with 2110 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:00 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

And say what?

People? You don’t think then even our own manager is getting despondent. If you can’t see that from his recent interview then I don’t know what you’ve been reading.. He said “I don’t know, I guess it’s over to them, they know who we want to get in”!!
Without actually flapping your arms in the air I think that’s as close as you can get to “I need help, what an earth is going on”
He genuinely seems gutted about Judge as well and said he doesn’t know where that is at!

So as per my OP where is our leader. Missing as per usual that’s where.

Gav

Evans on 10:11 - Jul 24 with 2097 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:07 - Jul 24 by portmanking

I don't believe we've heard a single word from Evans since our relegation...

Just some reassurance to a loyal band of season ticket holders that put their faith in him to give us the best possible chance of an immediate return to the Championship would be nice.

Owner Evans Apologises to Fans 14th Apr 2019 13:33
Town owner Marcus Evans has apologised to Town fans in the wake of the Blues' relegation to League One and has outlined the plans for the future in a personal letter that will go out with season ticket renewals later this week, which has been published in part on the club website today. 134

Owner Evans Thanks Season Ticket Holders 9th May 2019 11:48
Town owner Marcus Evans has written to the club’s season ticket holders thanking them for their support. 64

Evans on 10:13 - Jul 24 with 2086 viewsGarv

I see your point but I don't think anything ME could come out and say would make anyone happy.

It would either be realism resulting in everyone getting down about the situation, or a load of false promises that never materialise, which people would be skeptical about in the first place.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Evans on 10:15 - Jul 24 with 2064 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:11 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Owner Evans Apologises to Fans 14th Apr 2019 13:33
Town owner Marcus Evans has apologised to Town fans in the wake of the Blues' relegation to League One and has outlined the plans for the future in a personal letter that will go out with season ticket renewals later this week, which has been published in part on the club website today. 134

Owner Evans Thanks Season Ticket Holders 9th May 2019 11:48
Town owner Marcus Evans has written to the club’s season ticket holders thanking them for their support. 64

April and May, quotes.. we are in July nearly August if you hadn’t noticed. The busiest time of year for the backroom staff with the transfer window open.....

Gav

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 2044 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:09 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

People? You don’t think then even our own manager is getting despondent. If you can’t see that from his recent interview then I don’t know what you’ve been reading.. He said “I don’t know, I guess it’s over to them, they know who we want to get in”!!
Without actually flapping your arms in the air I think that’s as close as you can get to “I need help, what an earth is going on”
He genuinely seems gutted about Judge as well and said he doesn’t know where that is at!

Ah, so you want a running commentary on transfer negotiations, Barry Fry style.

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 2039 viewsBlueBadger

Evans on 10:15 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

April and May, quotes.. we are in July nearly August if you hadn’t noticed. The busiest time of year for the backroom staff with the transfer window open.....

What exactly is it you want him to DO?
Repeat the same old clichés on a fortnightly basis?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 2037 viewshomer_123

Words mean nothing though.

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 2029 viewshomer_123

Evans on 09:58 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

It’s his failure to lead. What has interviews got to do with anything. He doesn’t have to do an interview to speak to the people who make this club what it is. US the fans.

What will he say to you that will appease you?

Evans on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 2022 viewsfooters

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

What exactly is it you want him to DO?
Repeat the same old clichés on a fortnightly basis?

Stop using are once proud club as a vehicle for immoral tax avoision.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 2022 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:13 - Jul 24 by Garv

I see your point but I don't think anything ME could come out and say would make anyone happy.

It would either be realism resulting in everyone getting down about the situation, or a load of false promises that never materialise, which people would be skeptical about in the first place.

Perhaps your right, but saying something which is the truth is surely better than saying nothing.
Even a “we intended to build our team around him but he wanted to go so we’ve done our best to get the highest fee possible for the football club (cough my pocket)”

Gav

Evans on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 2019 viewsBlueBadger

Evans on 10:17 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Ah, so you want a running commentary on transfer negotiations, Barry Fry style.

I sure hope this poster wasn't an ITFC supporter in the pre-internet days. You could go WEEKS at a time without even a 'it's a slow news day let's put this out' story in the EADT.

Evans on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 2011 viewsGuthrum

He's said his piece after relegation was confirmed. What more is there to say? Unless, as I said, you want a running commentary on transfer negotiations.

Evans on 10:24 - Jul 24 with 1960 viewsblueislander

Evans on 10:09 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Those comments from Lambert do nit show any despondency imo, just a certain amount of frustration that the matter has not been resolved. He has been a manager for long enough to know that some transfers are easier to negotiate than others. You seem to complain that Evans is not making the negotiations public , which , quite frankly is daft.
Evans on 10:25 - Jul 24 with 1946 viewsGuthrum

Evans on 10:18 - Jul 24 by ipswichtillidie

Perhaps your right, but saying something which is the truth is surely better than saying nothing.
Even a “we intended to build our team around him but he wanted to go so we’ve done our best to get the highest fee possible for the football club (cough my pocket)”

I'm not sure they did intend to build the team around Judge (or any other single player). We know better than most how fragile that strategy can be.

This reaction to his possible departure has more to do with fan supposition than reality.

If anyone, Norwood is the key cog in the machine for the coming season. We desperately needed an effective striker, now we have one.

Evans on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 1932 viewsipswichtillidie

Evans on 10:24 - Jul 24 by blueislander

Those comments from Lambert do nit show any despondency imo, just a certain amount of frustration that the matter has not been resolved. He has been a manager for long enough to know that some transfers are easier to negotiate than others. You seem to complain that Evans is not making the negotiations public , which , quite frankly is daft.

If you read my OP my main issue is with the lack of leadership and communication. I’m not primarily referring to the judge situation. It’s the lack of direction from the person at the top of the chain that I find so frustrating. Being lead by a leaderless leader.

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024