Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum 13:41 - Jul 24 with 1265 viewsclive_baker

I think it's a likely outcome now.

Once a few civil servants get in BoJo's ear about the reality of a no deal, he won't want his name against that. He's self serving and only cares about his own reputation, which he'll do anything to keep in tact. After some negotiations with the EU, proving no workable solution, and in the knowledge that he wouldn't get a no deal through the commons even if he wanted to (which he doesn't), I think he'll put it back to the people.

The reality is he never truly believed in it, he just saw it as his opportunity to get to the hot seat, and to be fair to him it's worked. It'll be positioned something like after negotiations it's now apparent that the Brexit the public was offered isn't workable...blah blah...so it's now a choice between Remain vs. No Deal.

I really think that's where we're heading.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 1237 viewsJ2BLUE

Be prepared to lose it. Has never looked less likely IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 13:50 - Jul 24 with 1212 viewsgordon

Agreed - but with a unity government in charge. I think Boris will try and deliver a no deal brexit and be stopped by parliament. I can't see how Boris could ever admit that the things he campaigned for were undeliverable.
I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 1179 viewsclive_baker

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 13:45 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

Be prepared to lose it. Has never looked less likely IMO.

I always am when I make a bet. Agree to disagree though, I don't think it's ever looked more likely.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 14:09 - Jul 24 with 1170 viewsWeekender

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 13:50 - Jul 24 by gordon

Agreed - but with a unity government in charge. I think Boris will try and deliver a no deal brexit and be stopped by parliament. I can't see how Boris could ever admit that the things he campaigned for were undeliverable.

He would need to find a way to blame the EU so that he could make a noble retreat but he is probably the only one who could sell that to the brexiteers

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 1153 viewsRyorry

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 14:07 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

I always am when I make a bet. Agree to disagree though, I don't think it's ever looked more likely.

Sad to say that personally, I don't think it's ever looked less likely! Way too late for that, the bird has flown.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can't see it on 14:15 - Jul 24 with 1146 viewsDyland

He's going to try and play hardball with the EU.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Can't see it on 14:19 - Jul 24 with 1134 viewsfactual_blue

Can't see it on 14:15 - Jul 24 by Dyland

He's going to try and play hardball with the EU.

Here's his track record at playing hardball

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 16:09 - Jul 24 with 1071 viewsflimflam

Never gonna happen. Stick it in Sooty instead.

Default is no deal.

Only 2 ways it won't happen is either a change of government or a change in law.

Neither will happen.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 16:11 - Jul 24 with 1068 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is I agree with the premise of being self serving etc but the people who have put him in this job won't allow that - he has made a deal with the devil and he won't be able to bluster out of that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 17:35 - Jul 24 with 959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When is the earliest that a general election can be held?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 18:23 - Jul 24 with 919 viewsKievthegreat

I'm going to put a decent chunk of cash on a 2nd referendum on 17:35 - Jul 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

When is the earliest that a general election can be held?

If he loses a no confidence vote tomorrow before Parliament Recesses, it could be held in September.

If he loses a no confidence vote as soon as parliament returns, the earliest possible would be the 24th October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49004486
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024